[Affliction]Malefic Grasp Combined with Kil'Jaeden's Cunning

Malefic's Grasp is used to increase the tick speed of our dots, and Kil'Jaeden's Vengeance allows spells to be channeled while moving, but increases the channel time by 50%. Can anyone else see some very good potential uses for KV with Affliction, and mechanics that involve us having to move? The KV talent does decrease our movement speed by 30% as well, but so long as the 30% doesn't cause us to die I can see the talent as being very useful for PVE, and possibly even PVP.

What are you thoughts on Kil'Jaeden's Vengeance chosen with affliction?

It interacts no differently with Affliction and, more to the point, Malefic Grasp than any other spec/spell. You'll do half as much MG damage as you would standing still, just like you would do half as much Shadow Bolt damage or half as much Incinerate damage. Sure, dots will still get their hasted affect and proceed as normal, but it's still a dps loss relative to just standing still (or relative to KV being active). Which isn't to say KV isn't an excellent talent - it is, for PvE, undoubtedly - just that it doesn't have any special or unusual effect on MG.

If you mean it would make MG last longer which might make it easier to keep up, you can just recast MG while already channeling to increase the total duration regardless.

Well my thoughts have no statistical backing, but how much does MG actually do for dmg? Is it's main purpose being to add it's own dmg or to increase our dot dmg? I'm saying that since Affliction is all about dots, and we get more dmg from dots than other lock specs. Would KV be better for affliction since we can keep that dot increase going while we move over say destro which relies on big single spell casted nukes? The increased cast time affecting destro more than it affects MG channeling while moving(again dots doing most of our dmg and Mg increasing that). Again no actual beta testing just theory.

I am just talking about the passive for the talent though. The activate may level it out for say destro (if there is any gap in potential dps gain) depending on how much you actually have to move, and how much you can remain stationary.

10+ Year Old Account
    no beta key here either - As I heard we will be recasting dots a lot more do to MG speeding up our ticks(and I don't think this is a bug) so even if we can move around for up to 8 seconds or whatever how long you can/want to channel MG, we will still have to stop to refresh our dots(and if KJC works like I think we should avoid refreshing dots while running so the dots don't get refreshed with negative haste values)
    but yeah .. the combination with affliction looks really nice on paper ... lets see how much of it makes it to live ^^

I would never take that talent as long as it slows me down. If you are moving, you are doing it to avoid some serious shit or you would just not move at all. And then you want to get to your new location ASAP.
    In it's current form, that talent is a big No-No for every PvE scenario I can imagine

On a side note, MG is doing SB like damage on it's own right now, in addition to the 100% dot tick increase (tells you much about how weak our dots are going to be if that's the design). You don't want to lose that.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Quote Originally Posted by Iffnar View Post
    no beta key here either - As I heard we will be recasting dots a lot more do to MG speeding up our ticks(and I don't think this is a bug) so even if we can move around for up to 8 seconds or whatever how long you can/want to channel MG, we will still have to stop to refresh our dots(and if KJC works like I think we should avoid refreshing dots while running so the dots don't get refreshed with negative haste values)
    but yeah .. the combination with affliction looks really nice on paper ... lets see how much of it makes it to live ^^
    You can always use Fel Flame while moving, it'll extend both Corruption and UA by 6 seconds and it appears to do more damage compared to live as well. It's impossible to test right now, but I doubt the talent would have a negative effect on dots.

When you consider how Affliction will become even more movement unfriendly in MoP...refer to State of Affliction in MoP Beta (Grasp & Rotation figured out, for now)
    ...it seems that if KV only effects the channel time of MG that it will be a solid talent to allow Affliction more movement while keeping up a pretty complex rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be useful in some situations but I could find more uses for the other lvl 90 talents.

Due to the fact that the cast time penalty applies upon moving and will continue to do so after stopping somewhat nullifies the benefit of it.
    If the penalty applied only while moving then maybe, but the fact that you won't get the normal cast time until the next cast after you stopped moving makes it very difficult to justify.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my logs that I took in beta Malefic Graps is a giant portion of our damage, think near 40%. Our dots may maintain a high tick rate however since so much our damage is from MG, we will still suffer quite a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    tells you much about how weak our dots are going to be if that's the design
    So with agony being a 1 target spell (or did they reverse that yet?) soulswap is going to be a dps loss?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    So with agony being a 1 target spell (or did they reverse that yet?) soulswap is going to be a dps loss?
    What I noticed is that SS copies BoA so it is possible to have it on 2 targets.. might be a bug though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurotakai View Post
    Malefic's Grasp is used to increase the tick speed of our dots, and Kil'Jaeden's Vengeance allows spells to be channeled while moving, but increases the channel time by 50%. Can anyone else see some very good potential uses for KV with Affliction, and mechanics that involve us having to move? The KV talent does decrease our movement speed by 30% as well, but so long as the 30% doesn't cause us to die I can see the talent as being very useful for PVE, and possibly even PVP.

What are you thoughts on Kil'Jaeden's Vengeance chosen with affliction?
    KV doesn't slow our speed by 30% if I'm correct, but then the talents haven't been upgraded yet.
    So for PvP, KV is a must ability since you are just applying DoTs and you want those dots to deal damage faster so by using this set up, you channel slower, but you just stack it to 5 times anyways while your dots still deal 100% increase speed to burst the guy down.

Affliction will become more powerful for their DoTs in MoP than they are now. The issue will be, interrupts and silences and how long the M. Grasp buff lasts after you stop casting it.