Deleted

Playstation Orbis

-What are you expecting to see with this console?
    -What rumours have you heard?

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18699-...ay-used-games/

It's rumored it won't be backwards compatible or play used games. I won't be purchasing it if true.

I love console gaming, but with this new "no used games" policy they are taking, I'm guessing console gaming will end up dying
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Judging solely from the name, it sounds round. (see orbicular, etc). Combining it with the Vita, the whole name would be Circle of Life, or something like that. So maybe the Vita will act as a controller, like GBA with the Gamecube?

Abolishing used games and not being backward compatible are the other rumors that a quick search got me.

Edit: Aargh, beaten by a few minutes. But I agree if it won't allow used games or have backwards compatibility, I won't be getting one. Same with the Xbox 720.
    Last edited by Dannoson; 2012-04-02 at 02:35 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I love console gaming, but with this new "no used games" policy they are taking, I'm guessing console gaming will end up dying
    Jesus... I can't /facepalm hard enough. Which is worse, the fact that you believed this rumor, or the fact that you're repeating it as if it were fact?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Jesus... I can't /facepalm hard enough. Which is worse, the fact that you believed this rumor, or the fact that you're repeating it as if it were fact?
    Can I choose the option of ignoring the attacks on used gaming and thinking this rumor is totally baseless as facepalm worthy?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why not.

But at least acknowledge that the "source" of the rumor is Kotaku, who has made absolutely no effort to confirm it.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

It's rumored it won't be backwards compatible or play used games. I won't be purchasing it if true.
    Why would you buy a new console to play old games? If playing old games is so important to you then why not just stick with PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Why would you buy a new console to play old games? If playing old games is so important to you then why not just stick with PS3?
    Exactly my question to the people that cry and moan about BC. I still have my NES, SNES, PS, n64, gameboys all my old systems.

I grew up playing the PS1 like many others. I owned the PS2 during my early teens and really enjoyed both consoles. In my late teens I purchased the 360 instead of the PS3. Xbox 360 had already been out for about a year, and had some games, while the PS3 had just released, cost literally double what the 360 did and had not many games at all at launch.

I have the PS4 in my sights, but I will not buy day 1, I will be cautious and do my research. I really didn't enjoy the 360, and have been playing PC exclusively from 2007-now.

Backwards compatibility isn't a big issue for me, and I'm not going to make any decisions based on speculation at this point.

If all other things are roughly equal, I'll probably end up getting the next gen Playstation over Xbox, because I like Sony's exclusive games more. Of course there's also Wii U, but Nintendo has to prove it's willing to release all the same "mature" games for its console as Sony and Mircrosoft before I even consider it.

So, you totally ignore a whole half of my points to make a bad statement? My main reason for passing on it is because I refuse to support the war on used games. That said, my PS2 is not running like it used to and I'm not sure how much more time it has left. I really don't see why I wouldn't have the option to play the games I've spent hundreds of dollars on.

So, you totally ignore a whole half of my points to make a bad statement? My main reason for passing on it is because I refuse to support the war on used games. That said, my PS2 is not running like it used to and I'm not sure how much more time it has left. I really don't see why I wouldn't have the option to play the games I've spent hundreds of dollars on.
    Spend 20 dollars and get a new ps2? Its not hard.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds to me like I'm not advancing past the PS3.

Also, AMD parts? GAG me. This is just turning into an all-around bad egg for Sony lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

All games will be tied to your PSN account?

This seems like a console version of Steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

I expect whole body motion gaming on ps4 like kinect , best graphics , tablet like controller , lot of exlusives , 3rd party titles and many launch up titles, no hardware failures, advanced bluray (like 100gb bluray discs)
    guys take a look at this thread too http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post16268906 . God Bless

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 09:11 PM ----------

As u said its still a rumour they will be a fool to make such a decision . God Bless

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 09:14 PM ----------

Thats because u can sell your ps3 after getting ps4 and play your existing ps3 games on ps4 even if next gen consoles lacked backwards compatibility they should block playing used games , if that happens u cant sell your old games or buy preowned games or u cant even exchange games with your friends think about it . God Bless