Thread: Xbox Durango

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    Console makers are shooting themselves in the foot with the whole anti-used games campaign they're waging.
    Why is that? PC gaming is apparently back on the rise without that one particular feature. Why should it hurt console gaming?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Tbh they'd prefer something you can share ^_^ Like split-screen games. Tho they also like other 2 player games

Also best graphics of 2011 went to a console game Uncharted 3 for the PS3.

Edit: In 2010 as well consoles won yet again with God of War 3 on the PS3.
    You do know that Spike video game award is just a popularity award right? hell Battlefield 3 was not even nominated for best graphics....... there was not a game that looked better in 2011 then Bf3 on the Pc.
    Pc is far superior when it comes to graphics then consoles... that´s just a fact.
    Hell..... The Witcher 2 was not even nominated even tho it had the most intense graphic settings in any game that came out in 2011 with its UberSampling and The Witcher 2 blows Uncharted 3 out of the fucking water when it comes to graphics.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-04-04 at 07:12 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Why is that? PC gaming is apparently back on the rise without that one particular feature. Why should it hurt console gaming?
    because pc game prices are generally already alot cheaper, they have usually way better online, mods, community made maps etc

*edit* also forgot to mention the huge amount of free to play games available.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-04-04 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    2nd 1080p is the modern standard. When you buy a BluRay movie it comes in 1080 regardless of the size of your TV. The're s a default option in each TV to stretch the image across the board. (some) Large TVs have a few features to soften the image so that the drop in quality when you're up close it doesn't get so bad, but regardless the media format standard since 2008 is 1080p/720p.
    And I'm saying 1080p is fucking dogshit compared to what a decent computer with a decent monitor can produce. A single monitor can DOUBLE the image quality of 1080p. If you're including multiple displays, it's much more than that.

3rd computers scale each year with new CPUs and GPUs launched by ATI, AMD etc to push the graphical fidelity forward. It's obvious that a certain piece of hardware that hasn't been upgraded will not have as much "room to maneuver" however with dev-kits, software and custom built and modified infrastructure of the console they are able to "milk" far more than any PC with the similar components.
    And yet will still be outperformed anyway. You do understand that most consoles run games at about 30fps, right? That's terrible.

4th here's some test with newer and older graphics cards on Battlefied 3. Please note that the console version looks almost like the PC with everything on high.

- New video cards (nvidia) score on High
    - Old video cards (nvidia) score on Low

Take a look at the 1080p (1920x1080) fps. Here's a side-by-side comparison - PC on high. Also keep in mind that both PS3 and Xbox360 run the game at 29.6+ FPS per average.
    You're actually using nVidia cards as a test? sigh. You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

I can see some noticeable differences in the video comparison between PC and Xbox. The differences between Xbox and PS3 are less pronounced in a video but more apparent in detailed screenshots.

Also keep in mind that 30 frames per second is pretty terrible by PC standards. PCs with top of the line gear can easily double or triple that framerate with all settings maxed out, and at more than twice the possible resolution of the console crowd. You get what you pay for in this case.

4th as far as Alienware goes here's a nifty review. I'd like to point out that "it's capable of accepting a full-height 3D card means the X51 is a better gaming machine than any other slim tower we've tested." Oh and "What's remarkable is that Alienware can credibly call the X51 a gaming desktop". To be honest I do agree that they are somewhat expensive (due to brand and what-not) but their support and in-door custom build rigs are great and components are made to work great with one another via the drivers they have.
    It's $1,000 for horrible components at that cost. $1,000 and you aren't even getting an i5-2550k? I could build a fucking i7 box for that kind of price that'd run circles around the X51. They're also using nVidia GPUs, and nVidia is garbage (just like AMD's Bulldozer CPUs are garbage.) The motherboard isn't specified which means it's probably a custom job or some knock-off piece of shit - bad mojo, especially for that kind of price. A 1TB 7,200rpm drive is pretty standard, but for $1,000 it really should come with an SSD. 8GM RAM is acceptable, but they're using PC3 10600 RAM and not PC3 12800; for $1,000, there's no reason they should be using the slower RAM. Brand is also not specified, meaning it's probably the cheapest they could get - garbage, in other words. PSU is also not even mentioned, and buying a computer with an off-brand PSU is a recipe for wasting money. I'm assuming the PSU is large enough to support the equipment, but how much wiggle room does it provide? Did they go with 500W because it requires 500W, or did they go with 600W to allow room for expansion and to ensure stability?

What kind of cooling solutions are they-- oh, wait, right, you can't use anything that could be defined as a "cooling solution," in a box like that. Hey, at least you can cook a turkey while you're playing a game, though. All that heat ain't gonna do your components any favors, though.

Edit: In order to run Battlefield 3 and have it look better than the console versions you'd need a PC that can handle the ultra settings. The video card alone will be as much as a console and you'd still have to buy a mother board, processor, ram, power source & hdd in addition to mouse, keyboard, monitor etc.
    True, but if you're willing to sacrifice a small amount of graphical fidelity, you can run BF3 at settings where it still looks very good yet runs far better than any console could hope to achieve, and if you're really into graphics you can always wait for the next price drop to upgrade.

Oh, and you get to use a keyboard and mouse instead of some shitty little gamepad.

EDIT: LOL, linking SpikeTV awards as if they're significant in any way, shape, or form. Awards are handed out based on who spent the most on advertising and who gave Spike the most money, not on merit. BF3's updated Frostbite engine makes Uncharted 3 look like absolute dogshit, especially on a bleeding edge PC with everything at maximum possible values (through config edits, not just through the game menus.)

I'm not a huge fan of EA or DICE, but I ain't gonna lie - Frostbite is one amazingly gorgeous engine.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I expect lot of hardcore first party as well as exclusive kinect titles , best graphics , tablet like controller , lot of exlusives , 3rd party titles and many launch up titles, no hardware failures, advanced bluray (like 100gb bluray discs)
    guys take a look at this thread too http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post16268906 . God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    because pc game prices are generally already alot cheaper, they have usually way better online, mods, community made maps etc

*edit* also forgot to mention the huge amount of free to play games available.
    f2p games aside what is the average difference in prices? I know steam has plenty of sales but then again so does my local eb games. I don't see how it's a huge gap. For instance mass effect 2 is 20 bucks at gamestop brand new. I can buy it on steam also for 20 bucks. Steam had a sale on it. Gamestop did to at one point as well iirc. For brand new AAA titles what's the difference? 10 bucks? 5 bucks?

As for f2p games the console market will embrace this soon enough. Hell my ipod does. I don't see why consoles have lagged behind in this but they certainly have and over time will have to catch up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    f2p games aside what is the average difference in prices? I know steam has plenty of sales but then again so does my local eb games. I don't see how it's a huge gap. For instance mass effect 2 is 20 bucks at gamestop brand new. I can buy it on steam also for 20 bucks. Steam had a sale on it. Gamestop did to at one point as well iirc. For brand new AAA titles what's the difference? 10 bucks? 5 bucks?

As for f2p games the console market will embrace this soon enough. Hell my ipod does. I don't see why consoles have lagged behind in this but they certainly have and over time will have to catch up.
    amazon.co.uk pre-order (hot) List

Borderlands 2 (xbox) £36.85
    Borderlands 2 (pc) £26.85

Max Payne 3 (ps3) £37.95
    Max Payne 3 (pc) £27.99

Assassin's Creed 3 (xbox) £42.29
    Assassin's Creed 3 (pc) £27.97

pretty big difference imo.. and it all adds up. So over the space of 2 years i might be paying an extra £75-150 for the same games depending on how many i buy.

New Rumours added : 2012-04-11, 21:00 :

Taken from London meeting this week. Next xbox will be using Power7 Cpu from IBM. Blu-Ray read will be added. Read more for more

UPDATE- The news site didnt update the article. Its not 16 Cores CPU. Its 4 Physical Core Power7 Cpu with 4-way SMT.
    Last edited by Sorraxe; 2012-04-12 at 05:06 PM.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch