10+ Year Old Account
    heroic dungeons - sure - easily.
    heroic t11 - sure - easily.
    heroic t12 - sure - somewhat easily.
    heroic t13 - not really - may be morchok only.

Quote Originally Posted by Chort View Post
    Thanks so much!! :-). I just remember the horror of Heroic Grim Batol on my Paladin.. I think this was around Mid-Cata.

Deleted
    I dont think that hes capable of healing rag heroic or even sinestra/chogall heroic with ilvl 340. Just take a look at his 2nd trinket witching hourglass. No Spirit on it and low int value.

In my opinion you should farm jp to buy ilvl 378 gear and vp to buy 397. If u hit the requirements for lfr you should go in there and get carried and hope to atleast get 3-4 items of it. Then you'll be ready for normal ds and maybe even morchok/hagara hc.

edit: even ghostcrawlser says you're ready only for cata heroic dungeons^^

Personally, i would spend a long day of farming regular randoms, getting as much JP as you can, buy up all the 378 you can. Get geared enough to do the random hour of twilight 5 mans. Those are many times easier to do then the regular cata heroics. Most groups you will get on a regular cata heroic are going to be also in the gearing up process, and a lot of them will be rather under geared for it using pvp and other items to get their ilvl up.

the 3 HoTs will get you all the pieces of 378 you might be missing from JP gear, plus get you started on valor. then doing an LFR will be a cake walk.

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 05:56 PM ----------

That was going from my experiences as a healer gearing up during the current tier. I just about skipped gearing up in regular heroics. Even now when i go back and do a random cata heroic i have issues with rather bad tanks and very low dps. Compared to when i do a random HoT i would say i get way more bad groups in a cata heroics then a HoT.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

No problem. Regular heroics were designed for people who did not yet have 346 gear. You'll only have potential problems with the 4.3 heroics and an under geared tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    i see what you did there

Assistant Ghostcrawler said you're ready for cataclysm heroic dungeons.

Dont heal Heroics with only 346 gear level. Buy the 377 PvP gear so you can do HoTs and LFR. Im 386 ilvl and still cant heal old heroics most of the time. I have around 55 total HoT clears compared to only 3 old heroic clears. Seriously the people in them are retarded IRL or something. Im talking 16-18k HPS isnt enough to keep party alive when 10-12k HPS is plenty to clear HoTs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Dont heal Heroics with only 346 gear level. Buy the 377 PvP gear so you can do HoTs and LFR. Im 386 ilvl and still cant heal old heroics most of the time. I have around 55 total HoT clears compared to only 3 old heroic clears. Seriously the people in them are retarded IRL or something. Im talking 16-18k HPS isnt enough to keep party alive when 10-12k HPS is plenty to clear HoTs.
    How weird it might sound, this poster makes a very valid point. If you go into the early cata heroics, with a group that is around that gear level, you can have a rough time quite often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do HOT heroics. My priest had similar gear going in and I did fine back in December. Most people today seem well geared enough to make up for anything you lack, so you're in a better spot. On my new 85s I end up getting just about all the gear I need on, because nobody else needs it. Level 377 PvP gear is pretty quick to get too, just DPS spec BGs if you don't have the resilience.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    How weird it might sound, this poster makes a very valid point. If you go into the early cata heroics, with a group that is around that gear level, you can have a rough time quite often.
    I found this to be the case with my druid. I wasn't high enough ilvl to do HOT. But I got into a heroic stonecore and it as brutal. The tank was nothing but a mana sponge, while the DPS just stood in AOE. Of course, it was my fault that the tank and DPS didn't do their best to survive. But as I said in my above post, most people in HOT have good enough gear to make things go smooth. Actually, most people outgear it. And most tanks seem to be raid geared.

HoT heroics are just like Wrath Heroics. Only one I really hate is End Time when you get Jaina and then Tyrande. Well and Hour are free loot because most people have 385+ gear and just do them for VPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    HoT heroics are just like Wrath Heroics. Only one I really hate is End Time when you get Jaina and then Tyrande. Well and Hour are free loot because most people have 385+ gear and just do them for VPs.
    Really? Jaina always goes smoothly it Blaine that will shut me down sometimes...well not me, DPS will be so low that there are no platforms left. I'm like, "Seriously?"

EDIT: To the OP. AH whatever you can to get yourself into the HoT heroics. The players are better, with better gear, in instances that are generally easier. Buy 377 PvP gear, keep it in your bags and then resell them once you don't need them. HoT heroics have gear in them that are relevant to end game stuff. Nothing you find in Cata heroics are worth anything.
    Last edited by Jahoota; 2012-04-03 at 04:50 PM.