Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pre-Purchase in Denmark - I Need your help

Hey GW2 Forumites,

I have a friend who lives in denmark, I pointed out the pre-purchase to her, like any good friend would. When she tried looking the website the cost of the game is shown in $ not euros, can any other Dane who uses the forum check for me to see if this is the case them also?

I've tried poking around on the internet for some info regarding if pre-purchase is available in Denmark but I have come up with nothing. I advised that she doesnt pay for the game Dollars due to way fact you have to go and pick up the game from a store over there.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/ - Here is the link for site for you guys to check. Id really appreciate some help on this one, as I couldnt see anything about this in the FAQ.

Also Im from the UK, do you think I could pay for a copy if all else fails and just give her a Key for the game, so she has the Beta access and 3 days headstart.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc3d9f9afe84; 2012-04-02 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know about Denmark but, im in Portugal and i also see the value in dollars. Im not sure where else i could find the pre-purchase either...

10+ Year Old Account
    from uk, says dollars for me too

Deleted
    I dont understand the problem some see with the sites showin the cost in dollars, just use a currency converter and you will know what it cost in your own currency.

Deleted
    I'm danish, and yes it's also shown in $ for me.

Deleted
    Well I see the price in £'s. So obviously the site can tell (in some cases as above proves) where you are ordering from. If using the site and paying for the game in $'s infact then gives you a region restricted game key, people who dont live in the USA would be screwed. Due to the game being region locked at purchase, and the game requiring a physical step involving a store in the USA too. Over here in Europe we only need one game key.

Im just trying to help a friend here.

Thanks Proxeneta, are you planning on buying game. If so would you go for a store purchase of try the Digi pre-purchase?

Deleted
    I'm Danish and I'm seeing the prices in $ as well. Odd .

Edit: official GW2 twitter response to a person asking about a potential region lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by GW twitter
    @void_adept there will be restrictions in place at point of sale, but after that you will be able to play with your friends ^AT
    Edit2: and here's the twitter link - http://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/sta...39559144022016
    Last edited by mmoc167933ed71; 2012-04-02 at 09:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    I dont understand the problem some see with the sites showin the cost in dollars, just use a currency converter and you will know what it cost in your own currency.
    Not really. That'd mean that $60 titles in the USA would cost Europeans only 45 euros. Or vice versa, stuff that costs 60 euros here should be 80 dollars. Do 80 dollar games even exist?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by achareat View Post
    Not really. That'd mean that $60 titles in the USA would only cost Europeans 45 euros. Or vice versa, stuff that costs 60 euros here should be 80 dollars. Do 80 dollar games even exist?
    you didnt understand what i meant, its still the same cost, you just get ride of the confusion by using a converter, the confusion alot of peolpe seem to have just becouse they cant read it in their own currency.

Deleted
    you didnt understand what i meant, its still the same cost, you just get ride of the confusion by using a converter, the confusion alot of peolpe seem to have just becouse they cant read it in their own currency.
    I got what you ment though, I addressed it in my post after yours. Can you see why people might be a little concerned, not confused though? With the region restrictions in place. Plus the games cost isnt a straight $ into your currency deal either. People in the Uk and the rest of Europe infact are paying a little bit more than the $ into £ etc conversion. But lets not derail the thread with all that stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc3d9f9afe84; 2012-04-02 at 09:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flintlock View Post
    I got what you ment though, I addressed it in my post after yours. Can you see why people might be a little concerned, not confused though? With the region restrictions in place. Plus the games cost isnt a straight $ into your currency deal either. People in the Uk and the rest of Europe infact are paying a little bit more than the $ into £ etc conversion. But lets not derail the thread with all that stuff.
    Oh i was the dumb one whops. i for 1 wouldent cry over that i had to give a little more for it, i happily will do so sorry for derail everyone.

Deleted
    Oh i was the dumb one whops. i for 1 wouldent cry over that i had to give a little more for it, i happily will do so sorry for derail everyone.
    I dont have issues with paying a little more too. Where are you from Diamond? Sweden was it, dont be alarmed if Ive guessed right, Im not outside your windows taking notes or anything How do you plan on buying the game, did you pre-order som time ago with a store?

Deleted
    Well I see the price in £'s. So obviously the site can tell (in some cases as above proves) where you are ordering from. If using the site and paying for the game in $'s infact then gives you a region restricted game key, people who dont live in the USA would be screwed. Due to the game being region locked at purchase, and the game requiring a physical step involving a store in the USA too. Over here in Europe we only need one game key.

Im just trying to help a friend here.

Thanks Proxeneta, are you planning on buying game. If so would you go for a store purchase of try the Digi pre-purchase?
    Personally, I will buy the Digi pre-purchase, simply because of convenience.

Deleted
    I dont have issues with paying a little more too. Where are you from Diamond? Sweden was it, dont be alarmed if Ive guessed right, Im not outside your windows taking notes or anything How do you plan on buying the game, did you pre-order som time ago with a store?
    lol if you would be outside my window creepin i would be highly impressed since im on the 6th floor and yea sweden i havent pre-purchased yet, i will on the 10th tho

$60 is a bargain for GW2...

Yes I'm Danish and see the cost in dollars. However, I didn't use to, the website used to read my IP and divert me to an EU version with prices in Euroes (higher than the dollar-euro conversion). Perhaps Anet wised up and only displays one price or their script bugged out for them.

Deleted
    It's shown in £ for me in the UK.

£49.99 for normal, £64.99 for DDE, £129.99 for CE.

Will give your friend a better idea for pricing rather than dollars. VAT ftl.

What happened to games been £20-30.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post
    $60 is a bargain for GW2...

Yes I'm Danish and see the cost in dollars. However, I didn't use to, the website used to read my IP and divert me to an EU version with prices in Euroes (higher than the dollar-euro conversion). Perhaps Anet wised up and only displays one price or their script bugged out for them.
    Yes this is the same thing we noticed. When the announcement came out for pre-purchase she could see the price in Euro's. They might be tweaking a few things for the 10th. I just hope there isnt any issues with the site, apart from the mass of incoming traffic they will have to deal with. If not I'd hope the purchase isnt tied to your NCsoft or GW1 accounts during the process of purchase. Because I might have to resort to buying the game for her. I only have this concern as the law in Denmark was a little grey for things such as "recruit a friend" in the past. In Denmark you couldnt use services like this due to it being considered a pyramid sceme or something like that in the eyes of the law. Might have been the same deal here, as you are buying a product with no specified indication of when you might recieve said product.

I just took the fact the site wasnt registering her IP as a sign that pre-purchase wasnt available in Denmark. But after seeing that even people in the UK are having the same issue, it might be worth considering that the site isnt fully functional at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It's shown in £ for me in the UK.

£49.99 for normal, £64.99 for DDE, £129.99 for CE.

Will give your friend a better idea for pricing rather than dollars. VAT ftl.

What happened to games been £20-30.
    I know right!! I'm old enough now to remember when console games cost around that price, and id think a game was expensive if it was £35. Ahh the old days

Thanks for the replies all, much appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc3d9f9afe84; 2012-04-02 at 10:46 PM.

Which will not get you anywhere near the real price, as european prices are always significantly elevated over US prices.

P.S. Finland, we actually use € as currency and I still get $ price tag on the site. It's clearly not ready yet, and it doesn't have to be - the game pre-sales won't start until 10.04.2012.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-04-03 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Which will not get you anywhere near the real price, as european prices are always significantly elevated over US prices.
    Convert the price, add ~20% VAT on top of it, and you've got a decently accurate converted cost. Might need to round up to the nearest *5.99 or *9.99.