Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Very true, and a good point, but games inevitably end up being what the players make them. TONS of people wil buy it just because it is the next Diablo. Hell, over 1 mil will be getting it for free thanks to the Annual pass. There isn't really anything to compare it too because no one has really done this before. The only thing I can compare it to is a buddy of mine made a bunch of clothes and outfits on IMVU, and makes about $250 a month off of it, and he hasn't made anything new in over a year. still rakes in a nice little check every month.

I will say this though. I look at Super Smash Bros. A game that was NEVER intended for competitive play, and still to this day isn't, but people play that game like it's starcraft. Even the developers have basically said "wtf are you guys doing. This is supposed to be a party game." Not many people play EVE either, but people drop cash in that all the time! It's a crazy concept that I am Chompin at the bit to watch play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3501279 Here ya go Youarefired

edit:
    aww too late
    Thanks anyways. That one girl Asher or whatever put in the link first. :-p
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

id say it would be easier to make money off WoW gold instead of d3 AH. main reason - drop rate of GOOD items(read: that will sell for a lot) in D3 is ridiculously low so you will have to farm the shit outta the game to make some real money, as there is 1) ah cut 2) blizz cut and 3) paypal cut.

if you start to sell wow gold for example you can make as much as to cover your monthly tax, but you need to farm it. lots of people use to do it in the past, i really dont know what's blizzard's take right now on this matter.

another opportunity to invest in is joining a guild that sells boosts/titles/loots/etc for cash, but that would be very long-term. up to you.

Invest in the AH! Just buyout profession leveling mats, like cooking mats and enchanting mats, and post them for a much higher price. It's common for people to get new professions every so often, and new 85's will need to invest in professions of course, so this is the best way that I've found to make easy gold.

If you don't have much gold to begin with, fishing for volatiles is a great way to make gold, assuming you don't have a gathering profession.

Major bro hate bro. Next time I'll say dude instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanIsRippin View Post
    Invest in the AH! Just buyout profession leveling mats, like cooking mats and enchanting mats, and post them for a much higher price. It's common for people to get new professions every so often, and new 85's will need to invest in professions of course, so this is the best way that I've found to make easy gold.

If you don't have much gold to begin with, fishing for volatiles is a great way to make gold, assuming you don't have a gathering profession.
    I'm pretty sure he meant real moneys.

playing the dialbo 3 beta when they did the first tests on the real cash system you can directly sell ingame gold as well
    so even if you just play regular enough to not need everything you get you might make some real dollars, dont see how that is an issue really and something i like the idea of.
    until it's up and runnig ans see what people will pay for things but a player run economy that you can enter into as and when you choose could pay out nice. it might be in $5 lots here and there but you might pull of an item that sells for $100 you don't need isnt that better than vendoring it.
    or atleast if i want to play games 5 hours a day and rip off stupid kids with to much cash well meh that pays for some beers lol.

Well even if I make enough to pay subscriptions for all blizz games I will be happy to so in D3, so I won't need to pay blizz anymore, just play their games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    Not many people play EVE either, but people drop cash in that all the time! It's a crazy concept that I am Chompin at the bit to watch play out.
    I've seen recently a significant amount of inflation in EVE recently. A lot of people buying PLEX and getting ISK is driving up the prices of ships and modules. But you can totally see their point of view.

If you are on a decent wage (nothing extravagant, and not minimum wage), lets say, 15 euro and hour, that's one PLEX. You buy 2 PLEX at a time for 30 euro and if sold in game that's 1 billion ISK.

Now, say you are mining solo in high security space, the realm of the casual, and you are in an average mining barge (retriever) with average skills, you get ~800k isk per full cargohold, which with expanders in low slots and rigs, is 3 cycles of your Strip Miner I's. That's 9 minutes of mining. So if we are favourable towards the miner and say, with turnaround time (warping, docking, undocking, warping locking and starting mining) of 1 minute, we say you get 1 million ISK for 10 Minutes work.

That's 12 million ISK for 2 hours, while buying PLEX for 2 hours of RL work nets you 1 billion. Also, mining isn't the most exciting work out there, so what happens to the person who gets paid overtime and they somewhat like their job. They do 2 hours overtime in meatspace and it saves them 160+ hours of mining. Now you have an Orca(almost).

No, I fully understand people spending real money for ingame reward. I love my work, and I do get overtime pay, and it's a little higher than 15euro per hour (especially since overtime pay is x1.5 normal pay) so when faced with the option of mining for 3 weeks solid (if solo, I know you can get a whole lot more money if you are in a corp with help and gang links etc) then I'd likely pick buying the ISK over earning it ingame anytime.

Luckily there are plenty of people who are capable of earning over 500million ISK per month who like to be able to play the game 'for free' as a result.

Deleted
    TF2 unusual hats go from $20-$1000