Deleted

Is monk fine class to start playing

Hey,

So I decided I am totally bored with my old server and want to try something new.

When mop hits I probably start playing my new character on Aerie Peak or silvermoon eu on alliance side.

So I wanted to ask if you find this class a nice one compared to others, is it a nice class to lvl ?

Does it feels nice when you play it now, do you think you it needs to be balanced/upgraded properly because it can be released live.

Is it a unique class or could you compare it to other classes ?

Thanks for the info,

cheers sew

It plays quite differently from other classes, especially Mistweavers. So if you're looking for something new, it might very well be worth a look.

Deleted
    Honestly? We don't know yet. It's so early, they are changing so much - they've even said there's a bug atm where they're not getting skills at the right levels, making the leveling process feel disjointed. We won't know for sure the answer to your question until we get much nearer to release and Monks start to properly take shape

The levelling process at the moment is buggy, not only because of ability levels causing long periods of useless spells but because no races but Pandas get class quests for monks in starting zones and thus usually have to grind mobs until they can reach the next quest area
    This should all be cleared up at launch, but they are a bit of a chore right now

should they just change it to where...the other races start in a diff phased version of the panda start zone? if they're monks..?

Like it oculd be lik they're coming to learn more about being a monk..and they do all sorts of quests to do that..? idk..

Quote Originally Posted by Joker of Muerte View Post
    should they just change it to where...the other races start in a diff phased version of the panda start zone? if they're monks..?

Like it oculd be lik they're coming to learn more about being a monk..and they do all sorts of quests to do that..? idk..
    It would interfere with the story line as they have it. Basically, Panda's on the Wandering Isle are pretty clueless when it comes to the outside world. When the alliance ship crash lands on the island, they meet the Horde and the Alliance. Then the Panda's join their factions, and teach the way of the Monk through those means. Basically, the starting zones will be updated during the course of the beta and will be cleaned up for launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Hey,

So I wanted to ask if you find this class a nice one compared to others, is it a nice class to lvl ?

Does it feels nice when you play it now, do you think you it needs to be balanced/upgraded properly because it can be released live.

Is it a unique class or could you compare it to other classes ?
    Well the monk is certainly something new and should feel quite invigorating to play. It is totally unbalanced at the moment so if you get in the beta, take that into account - much will be changed before release. The mistweaver is definitly unique and doesn't work quite like any other healer in the game. I'm reserving judgement and comment on the other two specs until I've had more time to play with them, although I'm very excited about them.