Eve and Dust 514 and what it could mean for Battlefront 3 and Swtor

For several years now we have known about LAs "possible" project Battlefront 3. However, its been mysteriously pushed back... and back... and back. Recently LA started recruiting action adventure, FPS, and flight game developers. This could be a sign that they are finally going ahead with Battlefront 3... Or that they plan to do what CCP is doing with dust 514 and eve.

Perhaps that's why we haven't seen real space flight in swtor is.... Because LA is working on a console / PC space/FPS campaign game that will occur within Swtor!

Because of the fact there are "heroes" in Swtor such as satele ect you would probably play the campaign as them and then as a republic/imperial soldier in the multiplayer (just like ME3 story / multiplayer).

Is it possible?1??!?!

o_O

HELP US LUCAS ARTS. YOU ARE SPACES ONLY HOPE!

(because the other guy thinks that space pvp would be like han solo and chubaka going to endor and shroom hunting or something... I hate him... He is the new ghost crawler.)

Removed calling Battlefront 3 BF3
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-04-03 at 08:00 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The whole time I was reading your post I kept interpreting BF3 as Battlefield 3 and I kept asking myself "wtf is this guy on, Lucas Arts had nothing to do with Battlefield 3". Then I reread your title and realized I had a herp durp moment. I blame my fever of 101 and advil cold and sinus.

Also I think cross platform gaming is the future. You want a large community, let everyone play on whatever system they want to play on. Would take one hell of a Dev team but everyone has the potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    The whole time I was reading your post I kept interpreting BF3 as Battlefield 3 and I kept asking myself "wtf is this guy on, Lucas Arts had nothing to do with Battlefield 3".
    Im with you. After I read your post all I could think about where people who referred to VC as DM after Diremaul released.

If this is true I might be screwed with money......WoW sub, SWTOR sub and now this? And not to mention all the other goodies coming out.......Time to get that second job.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    If this is true I might be screwed with money......WoW sub, SWTOR sub and now this? And not to mention all the other goodies coming out.......Time to get that second job.
    Not to mention the console purchase.

I would hardly call Eve and Dust 514 real cross platform gaming. Eve is PC only. Dust 514 is PS3 only. I now have to buy a PS3 to participate in battles to defend territory acquired inside a PC game? I hope SWTOR and LA don't follow that specific, awkward path...
    Last edited by openair; 2012-04-03 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Not to mention the console purchase.

I would hardly call Eve and Dust 514 real cross platform gaming. Eve is PC only. Dust 514 is PS3 only. I now have to buy a PS3 to participate in battles to defend territory acquired inside a PC game? I hope SWTOR and LA don't follow that specific, awkward path...
    No that's not how it works. You cannot land on planets or control them in EvE all you can control is space and thats only provided your Corp sticks around to defend it, the FPS game takes place on the planets themselves that EvE Online players do not have access to. What you can do in EvE online is provide aerial support via Planetary Bombardment. While I agree its not x-platform it is multi game integration. I also heard that Dust 514 would be free or maybe free if you have a active EvE Online sub. But its a completely different game as its a FPS versus what ever you want to call EvE.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    No that's not how it works. You cannot land on planets or control them in EvE all you can control is space and thats only provided your Corp sticks around to defend it, the FPS game takes place on the planets themselves that EvE Online players do not have access to. What you can do in EvE online is provide aerial support via Planetary Bombardment. While I agree its not x-platform it is multi game integration. I also heard that Dust 514 would be free or maybe free if you have a active EvE Online sub. But its a completely different game as its a FPS versus what ever you want to call EvE.
    Exactly, but its still the same planet. So to participate in these ground battles, from the ground, to defend the SAME planet... i need a PS3...

FYI games like Star Trek Online have extensive space battles AND ground battles. Space battles similar to Eve and FPS ground battles similar to Dust 514, in the same game. On the same platform.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-04-03 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Exactly, but its still the same planet. So to participate in these ground battles, from the ground, to defend the SAME planet... i need a PS3...

FYI games like Star Trek Online have extensive space battles AND ground battles. Space battles similar to Eve and FPS ground battles similar to Dust 514, in the same game. On the same platform.
    First of all ST:O fails big time so I could care less what they can or cant do. Now that we have that out of the way, in EvE Online no one controls the planets. In Dust no one controls the planets, the planets are the FPS maps. I believe the teams can be linked to a Corp giving the Corp benefits of wins made in Dust (not 100% sure on that yet). Players of EvE Online can drop by the planets in space and help their teammates via Planetary Bombardment. In no way are you required to play Dust 514 to continue to advance in EvE. Also chances are the planets will exist in Concord controlled space or something to the same effect so that existing Corps do not already own the surrounding solar systems. But again you are in no way obligated to play Dust 514 and not playing will in no way hinder your EvE Online experience. Give the guys at CCP a little more credit....

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    FYI, Dust will be free-to-play, you can if you want purchase some items, what exactly I am not sure, but nothing that will give you an edge..

10+ Year Old Account
    I do find the idea tantalizing, but I'd have to see about how it really works before I'd pony up the money to buy it. But giving my mmo-hating friends the chance to help me in my MMO, and vice versa, seemlessly? Cross pollination like that is every game developer's wet dream.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

I reckon that Bioware could fully integrate an MMO based on your ship sort of how Eve is to Dust 514. I'd be down for that I <3 my ship :>