Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I've been hearing that as well and it has me super excited. On the topic of the story mode, I don't think that is going to be the difficulty that we actually see. There has been a lot of speculation that the tuning for what is listed as Story Mode is actually going to be the normal mode. I'm super excited for some punishing NiM bosses.
    EC will only have 2 difficulties: Story Mode and Hard Mode. There is no nightmare, and story mode is the new name for normal.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    And it means nothing. I mean all the guys I know who bought rift have quit. All the guys I know who bought warcraft has quit. Those games must be in trouble because my personal experience just has to be the truth. Logic hurts...

Were you replying to me or?....

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice game, but basically every quest is "kill x amount of y", and then you get to the endgame and there just isn't that much to do.
    I quit 3 weeks ago because I got bored of it really fast. Hopefully in the future they will improve.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
    EC will only have 2 difficulties: Story Mode and Hard Mode. There is no nightmare, and story mode is the new name for normal.
    I thought they where retaining NiM? At least, they mentioned at the guild summit that 1.2 would see a bump in difficulty for the NiM in the new raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been hearing that as well and it has me super excited. On the topic of the story mode, I don't think that is going to be the difficulty that we actually see. There has been a lot of speculation that the tuning for what is listed as Story Mode is actually going to be the normal mode. I'm super excited for some punishing NiM bosses.
    Explosive Conflict is actually really challenging on Hardmode. I have not tried it on 8man but 16man is DEFINITELY pushing us to our limits. We believe things need a little more tuning but this content is definitely not a pushover and will require people to all be on their game.

I currently clear all 16man Nightmare content on Tuesday nights... so that is my current raid experience. (If that gives you an idea of how challenging this new content is)

Also Nightmare mode will drop better gear as a reward for conquering its content. I'm stoked.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 08:58 PM ----------

Nightmare mode will be released shortly after 1.2 comes out. They are just fine tuning things a little more before they release it.

I think swtor has stabilized, I doubt it will get any more subs then now but it's pretty good atm. I don't hate swtor, but it wasn't for me, I didn't like the companion system and the leveling got abit dull as it was the same thing over and over through the whole thing. I haven't deleted it yet, once it gets abit better dungeons and raids I might give it a shot once again.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Aside from a bit lackluster endgame my only gripe at this time is the fact that populations are dropping to the point where not having free transfers and server mergers to consolidate the population is a "kick in the balls".
    Fixed it for you, cure the disease not the symptom.

Ahh, well then. Don't mind me. This is the first I've heard of Nightmare in 1.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They're working hard to release 1.2 (legacy system, new operations, new warzones, rated warzones, more dailies), and eventually dungeon finders. End-game is so so with raids being a bit...bland. Leveling is fantastic, though, with a very immersive, class-specific storyline (though it gets old if you do it more than once).

I think it's a promising game.
    Isn't LFG right around the corner, like 1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Were you replying to me or?....
    The guy you quoted i was extending your argument a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, well then. Don't mind me. This is the first I've heard of Nightmare in 1.2.
    Its fine! They said directly during the panel that they were going to add it a little after 1.2 in order to get it all set up and ready to go seeing as it will have better loot to reward hardcore players.

If anyone is interested in the actual future of the game and not random speculation or conjecture of people with an axe to grind the guild panel summits are all up on the web and should give you an idea of how committed BW is to this game.

That's the video from the operations developer summit. Hey arlee do you think you think it would be worth posting all the vids in a seperate post or would this be enough? Ohlen has hinted at a secret project with space a couple times now.. I wonder
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-03 at 09:26 PM.

They have already stated that server transfers are coming. I think the soft ETA was 1.3 or 1.4
    Then by rerolling or transferring servers. You missed the point completely, which was they're NOT going to merge servers. I'd put any amount of money on it.

You can really ask all day, but it really boils down to: How's immersed will I be into a game that is using the lore of a series I either cared about or have no idea about? I myself got caught by this. Sure, in the end, it feels like the typical MMO people are use to, but I just didn't care for it, even after giving it a shot. Why? I just do not like.......well let me state that differently; I just simply don't have a clue or interest in Star Wars. I'm fine with this. I never grew up as a kid, chasing others like I was a jedi, bounty hunter, or sith. I remember the movies as a kid, and they never really stuck to me. I was more into the whole fantasy stuff, I watched the movie Legend (Tom Cruise and Tim Curry) more times than I have Star Wars 4, 5, and 6 combined. It also helped that Diablo 2, Starcraft, and Warcraft 2/3 played a big part of my life.

Weird though, is that some people actually manage to go pass what turned me off of it. My buddy never cared for Star Wars much, but now he's still with the game and now wanting to get all the books he can get his hands on because he just wants to know about all this extra tidbits (won't be much because it's KoToR setting, but he doesn't mind). He's into the whole jedi vs sith thing, like he tries to compare it to a religious point of view (he's like that). He grew up thinking the movies looked cheesy, but now he owns all of them.
    Last edited by CanthonyDB; 2012-04-03 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    If anyone is interested in the actual future of the game and not random speculation or conjecture of people with an axe to grind the guild panel summits are all up on the web and should give you an idea of how committed BW is to this game.
    Commitment =/= Success

This is most easily evidenced by the current state of the game. The best intentions in the world don't mean a damn until they're implemented. Just looking at the Dev tracker alone is enough to prove that they have no commitment to fixing Huttball, Merging Servers, making Companions a part of the game at 50, or providing viable solutions to Ilum that don't include turning off showing characters on the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Commitment =/= Success

This is most easily evidenced by the current state of the game. The best intentions in the world don't mean a damn until they're implemented. Just looking at the Dev tracker alone is enough to prove that they have no commitment to fixing Huttball, Merging Servers, making Companions a part of the game at 50, or providing viable solutions to Ilum that don't include turning off showing characters on the screen.
    Now I wouldn't be that hard on BioWare. TOR isn't a "bad" game. Of course all the commitment in the world won't mean a damn when the pink slips start coming in. Just ask the guys who "used" to work at Mythic. They were really passionate and committed to Warhammer Online too but it didn't end up saving their jobs, or make the game good enough to keep more than a couple of servers worth of subscribers a year after it launched.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-04-03 at 09:46 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Commitment =/= Success

LOL that isn't the solution to Ilum that's BW providing better tools to help the game run on lower end pcs. The solution for Ilum involves a redesign and that's why its taking a back seat for a bit while they sort out the technical issues associated with it. Get your facts together before you make an argument. Commitment does not guarantee success but it is most certainly required for it and it's good to see that they are committed to this game so that it won't be another Warhammer. Simple as that. I think it's safe to say star wars has been a success financially certainly and as a game. Others are welcome to disagree. It's far from a perfect product, it has plenty of room to grow but it's also not a collosal failure either.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Now I wouldn't be that hard on BioWare. TOR isn't a "bad" game. Of course all the commitment in the world won't mean a damn when the pink slips start coming in. Just ask the guys who "used" to work at Mythic. They were really passionate and committed to Warhammer Online too but it didn't end up saving their jobs, or make the game good enough to keep more than a couple of servers worth of subscribers.
    Different circumstances and different times. I don't see swtor turning into warhammer but I'm not Cassandra. We'll see what happens in time.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-03 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe... I'm sure Brad McQuaid was committed to Vanguard and Richard Garriott was committed to Tabula Rasa. Didn't seem to help those games. In fact, those games might have done better without them.

I'm sure Gordon Walton was committed to this game too. Well, before he found another job that is.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-04-03 at 09:51 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Hard to say. I'm not Richard Garriot and neither are you. We'll see in time what happens with star wars. I still think it's important that the developers are working "balls to the walls in 2012" as Ohlen is quoted as saying. Some people disagree.

It's a good game in all respects, I'm not one for PvP but the flashpoints (dungeons) are really nice. the first raids certainly aren't up to blizzard standard, but the second was much better than the first and the next one will probably be a lot better as well (and it's coming quite soon)

The only problem I have with the game is the server population. I have 2 characters at 50, one rep and one imp, ready to do flashpoints and after trying for 3 days to make a group for one, I just gave up. nobody is running them, nobody is joining my groups (I once had 2 ds and me as healer, but when after an hour no tank showed we sortof gave up).

I gave up and cancelled my sub, I play games to play games, not to spam general for hours while riding circles on the fleet. it's sad, but that is the reality unfortunately. I expect I'll resub at some point, but not until things like an LFG system and/or server merges are in place.