Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate to quest in group. If someone is obviously on the same quest and sends an invite, I will often accept it, but leave soon as the quest is done. I like to do things in my own pace, and not be slowed or rushed by other players when I can avoid it.

BUT, that doesn't mean I don't like to take part of other MMO aspects. Like instances, raids, guild community, etc.

Deleted
    When questing I prefer to go solo. Simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quest giver : please go kill X and bring back 10 dusty clams

Head out start slaughtering unit X....40 kills later and one clam drop.... random guy comes over to "group up and quest" ...

HELL NO! Not going to kill double the mobs I have to just to group up!

Quest Giver : Please rid our land of 200 Mob Y

Low respawn rate...high hp mobs... 3-4 people in the area... Group up share the kills!

It's all about efficiency! If you don't care about inefficient leveling and just the social part you will group up no matter what... if you are rushing and need to get max lvl you will do whatever you need to.
    Last edited by Odina; 2012-04-03 at 09:09 PM.

When I level in WoW I like to play by myself(thanks real id you killed that...............). I don't always want to do things in groups. That's what my max level toons are for.

Deleted
    So because I'm playing a MMO I should accept random invites from every stranger? No, thank you. If I want company during my questing I'll give a friend or a guildie a shout. I play MMOs to play with other people, not everybody I walk past on a quest.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they play for the social aspect of it. Just because they like to level on their own doesn't mean they sit there and not talk to anyone and pretend it is a single-player game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Because the option to play an online-only game alone is lovely. Skelington hates when random morons try to be his friend because we are in the same zone or do the same quest or because we are playing the same game. Just because we can play together doesn't mean he wants to.
    Something's not right here.
    Last edited by Varangian; 2012-04-03 at 09:09 PM.

1. Every few quests, I'll alt-tab out to read a news website or browse youtube.
    2. Sometimes I need to check on my laundry, get the mail, put something to eat in the oven.
    3. I might go afk for 4-5 minutes because I can.

I don't want to force people to play at my schedule, so when I'm questing outside I solo.
    /dance

10+ Year Old Account
    I stick to my guild or people I know. I'll group with randoms sometimes to help them out when I'm bored but that's about as far as it goes. If it's a tough quest or whatever I'll ask someone in my guild.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Basically, 80% what you do in this game is with peoples: Battlegrounds, Dungeons, Raids...
    Quest is one of the few things you can do alone and at your own time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varangian View Post
    Something's not right here.
    Third-person perspective? :trollface:

Personally I can't really play single-player games and enjoy them much anymore or have them hold my interest for more than a week-or-two or ~10 hours. I just get bored being all by myself in a world. Part of the reason I've never even beat the first Assassin's Creed yet...

I never understood the whole 'hey you wanna group for this quest' 'no i play alone' either, but hey...you're the one paying for the game, play it how you wish.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild had a Blood DK who would always try and "solo" stuff in a raid encounter, completely contrary to raid mechanics. We finally kicked him mid-raid because he was responsible for about... 50 or our 150 (thus far) wipes on Heroic Blackhorn. If it wasn't against the rules to name and shame, I SO would. SO. WOULD.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Third-person perspective? :trollface:
    I was actually referring to Skelington's uncharacteristic use of the first-person in the form of "we".

I would have expected "they," though I'm not that familiar with his speech patterns to know whether or not that was a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on my mood, the quest/s i am on and who is nearby for me to consider grouping up.

If i don't have to group up to kill shit i won't. If i want to talk to people i have my guild and friends for that.
    If i need help i will ask for it and give it when asked.

Stop expecting others to act like you, and things will go alot better.

my parents said im not supposed to go with strangers... nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    my parents said im not supposed to go with strangers... nuff said.
    But strangers have candy....just make sure u go with them solo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Easy, if it's a drop rate quest that is not 100%, grouping together is out of the question. If it's just a "kill a few of these" quest, then that wouldn't be so bad. MMO doesn't mean you have to play with someone every single second you're online, it's just called that to know that the game has a lot of players, online, that you can interact with.
    This.
    Also, it's kinda fun soloing old dungeons and bosses.

also to add solo's can be fun like

http://youtu.be/oYhZZirb4e8

or one of my other solo's
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Haha . MMos arent for making friends dammit!

Because as well as being an MMO it is equally an RPG, and that allows choice in who or not I play with to a large extent.
    That includes when appropriate solo content, and can be for reasons other than it being designed that way.
    I have had consistently bad experience with pugs in the past so I will often for rep/old content farms do as much as I can solo by piggybacking off a Tol Barad raid.
    Yes I can choose to play with others, but where possible I choose not to.