Dev Summary March 27th through April 2nd

For the full article click here.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Principal Lead Combat Designer Georg Zoeller
    • Clarified that oro bird eggs are a different mystery than NVSCCS and crystal formations and all have different steps to figure them out.
    • If you currently have Champion Gear it will not turn into Recruit Gear when patch 1.2 deploys.

Sr. Online Community Manager Stephen Reid
    • There is a team that is dedicated to working on time-limited, game-wide events.
    • There is already an event scheduled for after Patch 1.2 deploys.
    • They want this event to be a surprise so it is unlikely they will announce it in advance.
    • The exact length of this event has not been set yet, but even then it is possible they might extend t beyond whatever duration that is set depending on how popular it is.
    • Right now the event does not feature any "rare drops".
    • It will not be a giant planetary battle.

Sr. Community Coordinator David Bass
    • Reminded people that the preassigning of loot will be removed from Story mode ops in Patch 1.2.
    • There will be a playable demo of Patch 1.2 at Pax East this week.
    • Will be hosting a community lounge for people to hang out and socialize.
    • There will be a sign-up sheet for people to put together teams of people to tryout the new Novare Coast warzone, and there will be prizes for the winners.
    • People who visit their booth will be able to pick up a code for a Tauntaun Fawn. You can only obtain this Mini-pet by visiting their booth at any of the Con's this year.
    • There will be a meet and greet at Pax East on Saturday April 7th 8pm-11pm.
    • James Ohlen, Game Director, will be appearing at Pax East on MMORPG.com's panel on Friday evening at 6PM in the Main Theater, to discuss where the MMO genre is heading in the next ten years. Attendees will be able to ask questions directly to the panelists, so come prepared!
    • All of the panels from the guild summit have now been posted on youtube.

Senior Game Designer Will Wallace
    • All characters in your legacy tree will receive all the benefits. The order in which you arrange them does not matter.

Systems Designer David Hunter
    • In Patch 1.2 offhand lightsabers will not have any hilt, mods, or enhancements in them. The only stat they might have would be from premodded color crystals.
    • In Patch 1.2 Offhand shields will have end game stats.
    • If you put a set bonus mod in a set bonus shell, the set bonus on the mod replaces the set bonus on the shell. If you put the set bonus mod of PvE Gear into PvP gear, you would have gear with the PvP look but the set bonus of PvE gear.
    • Items you have equipped do not count as valid currencies.

Assistant Designer Cameron Winston
    • Shock/Project deals 25% more damage if you are Shadow/Assassin, the current tooltip is incorrect.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nice. The surprise world event sounds like it could be something fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting ... reading the full post now

Quote Originally Posted by David Hunt
    Offhand Lightsabers are shells - modifiable weapons with no hilt/mod/enhancement. The only stats they have are from the premodded color crystal.

Offhand shields have endgame stats.
    This is specifically in regards to items like these:

Offhand saber: http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/recipes...rs_lightsaber/

Offhand shield: http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/recipes...eaders_shield/

I am really fed up with the lack of space development.

So far this is just settling into a Raiding / Rated WZ game.

Adding more end game genres would greatly improve this games appeal.

Space shouldn't be a "minigame" it should be one of the games pillars. Once we finish the lv 47 one it should have started a quest line where we go to the bridge of Ziost shadow or something and get promoted to something, random title, and begin "expert" missions which would be off the rails missions. Dog fights between the buildings of correlia or over the ruins of taris or in an asteroid field fighting NPCs and bosses, hell, add heroic missions where you have to invite friends. Or even better. Make 8/16 man raids on battle cruisers and space stations. Then add space WZs for pvp.

That would result in this mmo being very different from its competitors. It would break away from pvp/pve duality into a pvp/pve/spacepvp/spacepve quadality. The real question is... Does bioware have the quads to do it?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    I am really fed up with the lack of space development.

So far this is just settling into a Raiding / Rated WZ game.

Adding more end game genres would greatly improve this games appeal.

Space shouldn't be a "minigame" it should be one of the games pillars. Once we finish the lv 47 one it should have started a quest line where we go to the bridge of Ziost shadow or something and get promoted to something, random title, and begin "expert" missions which would be off the rails missions. Dog fights between the buildings of correlia or over the ruins of taris or in an asteroid field fighting NPCs and bosses, hell, add heroic missions where you have to invite friends. Or even better. Make 8/16 man raids on battle cruisers and space stations. Then add space WZs for pvp.

That would result in this mmo being very different from its competitors. It would break away from pvp/pve duality into a pvp/pve/spacepvp/spacepve quadality. The real question is... Does bioware have the quads to do it?
    Their working on something with space but its hush hush. Ohlen has referenced it in a couple of interviews but he keeps saying its super secret and doesn't give away any details about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Their working on something with space but its hush hush. Ohlen has referenced it in a couple of interviews but he keeps saying its super secret and doesn't give away any details about it.
    Yeah. Ive read those.

To me it sounded like "we are adding more rail missions! BUT DONT TELL ANYONE. ITS A SECRET!"

Yeah. Ive read those.

To me it sounded like "we are adding more rail missions! BUT DONT TELL ANYONE. ITS A SECRET!"
    I don't see why that would have to be a secret though. That should be fairly apparent that they would do that since the infrastructure is already in place. It's something more and their being evasive about it because they don't have a firm date and don't want to get anybody to excited this early.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I don't see why that would have to be a secret though. That should be fairly apparent that they would do that since the infrastructure is already in place. It's something more and their being evasive about it because they don't have a firm date and don't want to get anybody to excited this early.
    I really hope you are right... Its just... Ive been hurt so many times before. So many promises. WILL I EVER LEARN TO LOVE AGAIN?!?!? DAMN YOU BLIZZARD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope you are right... Its just... Ive been hurt so many times before. So many promises. WILL I EVER LEARN TO LOVE AGAIN?!?!? DAMN YOU BLIZZARD.
    I've stopped getting my hopes up for game-changing new content in my games for that very reason (not the blizzard part). The space combat in this game won't make me keep playing or stop playing by itself, so if they make changes, good for Bioware.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Im almost positive we wont see anything major for space combat until the first xpac. They have eluded this to be the case on numerous occasions. Sure we may see a few new missions here or there but anything in the way of a major overhaul is xpac worthy and I would look to see it there.

Space shouldn't be a "minigame" it should be one of the games pillars.
    Not to be rude, but if you want a game that has space as a pillar maybe you should try STO or EVE. This game is built around the pillars defined in KOTOR and games like WoW, so the fact that it wasn't a priority for launch shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Hell, even SWG had zero space game at launch, and it took an entire paid expansion to get one added in. They obviously have something planned beyond just additional missions judging by what Ohlen said at the Summit, so it's not as if the space game is getting no development time. My question for you is, would you rather they waste development time adding to the current content (IE more missions) or would you rather they leave space combat as is for the time being before revamping and improving the entire system at a later date?

Quote Originally Posted by callmeswarly View Post
    Not to be rude, but if you want a game that has space as a pillar maybe you should try STO or EVE. This game is built around the pillars defined in KOTOR and games like WoW, so the fact that it wasn't a priority for launch shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Hell, even SWG had zero space game at launch, and it took an entire paid expansion to get one added in. They obviously have something planned beyond just additional missions judging by what Ohlen said at the Summit, so it's not as if the space game is getting no development time. My question for you is, would you rather they waste development time adding to the current content (IE more missions) or would you rather they leave space combat as is for the time being before revamping and improving the entire system at a later date?
    Well, as I stated in the post you quoted I would like to see them develop off the rails missions, which would in turn lay the framework for 3d pve/pvp in space.

I actually, in this thread, referred to them adding more missions similar to the ones on live in a derisive tone. So I am unsure where you got the idea that I support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    For the full article click here.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Assistant Designer Cameron Winston
    • Shock/Project deals 25% more damage if you are Shadow/Assassin, the current tooltip is incorrect.
    So shock currently does 25% more damage than my sorc counterpart, or it will do 25% more?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    So shock currently does 25% more damage than my sorc counterpart, or it will do 25% more?

It currently does 25% more. Apparently the tooltip doesn't update when you spec into shadow/assassin so if you go by the tooltip it says it is doing the same amount, but it actually is doing 25% more.