Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Behold the new wow killer inc!

League of legends mmo named riot is coming! Blizzard beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyfuelcutter View Post
    Are you the internet explorer of forum posters? We heard about that MMO like 12 months ago or some shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an tale as old as time itself, the tale of the WoW killer!!

What makes you think Riots MMO is gonna kill WoW? Many have tried, both casualer MMO's and hardcore MMO's.

At this point I think Multiversus and Diablo Immortal will do more to kill wow than riots MMO will

Shit LEAGUE OF LEGENDS probably pulled more people away from wow than any MMO ever hoped to do

Some proper competition would be more than welcome, but i have my doubts.
    With all due respect: Riot couldn't tell a good or compelling story if their life depended on it, and yes that is taking into account Blizzard's many failures.

Still, their gameplay is generally solid, and the headstart they have in winning over fans of the setting exceeds that of WC3 at this point.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

If only there was a search function and a thread already on this

WoW is not the juggernaut that it used to be, most people still playing will do so regardless of what other games come out. There won’t ever be such a thing as a ‘WoW killer’ anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Are you the internet explorer of forum posters? We heard about that MMO like 12 months ago or some shit.
    Just saw asmongold vid about it.

And there is like the reason for like 85% of the bullshit on this forum

Don't watch too much of that shit, it rots your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Don't watch too much of that shit, it rots your brain.
    Cmon he lives in the attic instead of basement, he must be a man of great wisdom!

Cmon he lives in the attic instead of basement, he must be a man of great wisdom!
    Well, one cannot argue with altitude i suppose.

Competition is only good else there will be no innovation and devs will become lazy and just push out the same old content.

Dont play lol and have no intrest in it but their animated show Arcane is one of the best animated shows i have seen and one of the highest rated atm i think.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-08-13 at 11:50 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Behold, your own thread's killer... OP!

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Some proper competition would be more than welcome, but i have my doubts.
    With all due respect: Riot couldn't tell a good or compelling story if their life depended on it, and yes that is taking into account Blizzard's many failures.

Still, their gameplay is generally solid, and the headstart they have in winning over fans of the setting exceeds that of WC3 at this point.
    Yeah arcane for sure was a really bad story right. LOL wtf? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    WoW is not the juggernaut that it used to be, most people still playing will do so regardless of what other games come out. There won’t ever be such a thing as a ‘WoW killer’ anymore
    Exactly.
    WoW didn't suddenly die. It was slowly dying for a long time. And what's left are those who will play it regardless. Some are doing it for the raids, others are like me, casuals who buy the expansion, sub for a few months then move on. But moving on doesn't mean I move on to another MMO.

Considering WoW took out two Star Wars MMOs, one it forced to commit suicide (Galaxies), I'll believe it when I see it. Final Fantasy XIV, with it's much-fuller cash shop of mounts, transmogs, minions, progression kits, etc. can't even kill WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yeah arcane for sure was a really bad story right. LOL wtf? :P
    Arcane is a fair point, but making a series is not exactly the same as writing a game's story.
    I'll admit i hadn't thought of Arcane (nor have i watched it), but all else, well, it doesn't convince in the slightest.

Old news. There is a thread on it already;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...highlight=riot

Also, this is not 2010 anymore. No one gives a flying hoot about 'WoW Killers' except insular WOW fans. I never see that sentiment on any other platform discussing MMORPGs with earnestness or regularity except on this one forum.

That notion is lame and old already. People play multiple games on everything from their phones to consoles and PC. Again, this isn't the mid-00s anymore. No one cares about killing World of Warcraft- not even Blizzard.

Blizz is kinda killing their own game right now with crap raid scaling. Most if my friends stopped playing at the end of season 2 and mid season 3.