Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosarecool View Post
    alot has change even just over the last few months, i know what kept me away from eve was that i was to worry about people attacking me. but now there is a setting that we wont people attack you and to stop you from attacking people, kind of being flagged or not for pvp in wow if want to try it out i send you a email for the 21 day trail, and they are giving stuff away for christmas in game fun little things
    The setting just stops you from attacking someone accidentally. You can still attack them if you want.
    Although nobody is going to attack you in high sec because they will get blown up by the space police in seconds. The exception is when you carry valuable stuff in a weak ship.

Deleted
    alot has change even just over the last few months, i know what kept me away from eve was that i was to worry about people attacking me. but now there is a setting that we wont people attack you and to stop you from attacking people, kind of being flagged or not for pvp in wow if want to try it out i send you a email for the 21 day trail, and they are giving stuff away for christmas in game fun little things
    You definately may want to brush up on your knowledge of the game mechanics... its people like you that are the bread and butter of people like me

The safety system only stops you doing something stupid in high sec, it doesnt stop me blowing you up whenever i feel like it, just dont carry something expensive

Eve will never have a pvp on and off system like wow, thats why its been going much longer

Eve is a great game when you realise that you can trust no one, and that at any point you may be ripped from your safe little haven and into a brutal cold world

Deleted
    I just starten playing EVE about a week ago and I'm loving it so far. Got invited into a Academy corp whom provides me with a skillplan with free skillbooks Aswell as free PVP ships which I Can use on roams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Hey, I tried getting into EVE when I was a bit younger, early high school, and found the learning curve and skill cap way above my level at the time, though it did look like fun. Now I'm finding WoW's skill cap to be a bit low for my liking (leading to a less than helpful/capable playerbase sometimes...). Was wondering how EVE is doing these days, worth checking out still?
    Alot has changed. There is still a learning curve, but their execution is soooo much better. They have really done a lot to make the tutorial get your feet wet into what you can do in EvE. They have added so many different types of careers and even running missions is far more entertaining than it was in the old days. Everything is much more streamlined now, though its still a thinking mans game. Population has always been pretty steady with a low around 38k to a high of 60k on average online at any given time, still a single server as it will always be. If you get into making good money you can also purchase Plex on the market and use it to fund your game time, essentially play EvE for free.

As others have said it will only prevent you from derping, not protect you. However, what they have added is a revised bounty system. You can now sell your kill rights to another player, essnetially making some money back if you get ganked in additiona to ship insurance. There is now a little more consequence for Pirates to jump into lowsec and blow away miners, and then running away. A new class of bounty hunters and hunter corps are emerging picking up these kill right contracts. Its pretty pretty neat to watch this recent xpac unfold.

Deleted
    EVE online is like the best MMO game ever, but it's community is not nice to newcommers. There are many bad people, I would say more than those kind. Also if you want to have `more`, you need to get out of high security systems to low security and they are full of bandits. If it was real life, people would not behave that hatefully... That's just that it is online, no real life is being lost when killing and so it is.. killing everywhere.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    As others have said it will only prevent you from derping, not protect you. However, what they have added is a revised bounty system. You can now sell your kill rights to another player, essnetially making some money back if you get ganked in additiona to ship insurance. There is now a little more consequence for Pirates to jump into lowsec and blow away miners, and then running away. A new class of bounty hunters and hunter corps are emerging picking up these kill right contracts. Its pretty pretty neat to watch this recent xpac unfold.
    It changes nothing, the hardcore pirates are already -10.0 and a free target for anyone in high sec. Low and null are shoot on sight anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimareq View Post
    EVE online is like the best MMO game ever, but it's community is not nice to newcommers. There are many bad people, I would say more than those kind. Also if you want to have `more`, you need to get out of high security systems to low security and they are full of bandits. If it was real life, people would not behave that hatefully... That's just that it is online, no real life is being lost when killing and so it is.. killing everywhere.. :/
    The game is not hard and the community is OK. You are just spoiled from WoW.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-12-15 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I've always seen [T3 Battlecruisers] as pure PvP.
    If you want to rat, get a Rokh or something similar.
    You'd rather have 25% shield resist over 25% damage when doing an activity where your chief concern is isk/time? The Naga blows the Rokh out of orbit when it comes to ratting efficiency. The only ship that can surpass it in the kinetic/thermal damage department is the Vindicator, which draws unwanted attention like moths to a flame.

Question for anyone here: why does EVE online not have it's own subforum?

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I guess not every MMO can have their own subforum, although still from then ones which don't have them EVE is probably the most played.
    And that was the basis for my question: EVE's got a pretty healthy player base (alts aside, probably more active subs than SWTOR) and it's longevity indicates it's not going anywhere. I guess I was just wondering if there was some "political" reason why there was no forum, or if it had been discussed to death in the past or something else I was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Stormy View Post
    I'm going to take a guess at saying there aren't many people who come to this site that play EVE Online.

because the number of peoples that play both wow and eve and come on mmo-c to talk about it is pretty limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm going to take a guess at saying there aren't many people who come to this site that play EVE Online.
    I think this is probably the most accurate. While a few people bleed into EvE and other games, EvE players are not really interested in multi game communities. You will not see endless game x vs game y conversations in EvE chat, people get their ships blown up for that shit. Also the official forums are actually extremely well moderated and very healthy. They are actually talking about adding the ability to start a bounty on a player through the forums. Haha, screw your "dislike" button we got ourselves a BOUNTY button!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    They are actually talking about adding the ability to start a bounty on a player through the forums. Haha, screw your "dislike" button we got ourselves a BOUNTY button!
    That would have been pretty hilarious. ^^
    See a troll? Put a 50M bounty on his ass!

Hey guys, my friend told me to look into this game and that it's an MMO set in space with science fiction.

I saw the subscription rate is $15/month but does anyone know the cost of buying the game/expansions itself? (I couldn't really find that info on the website, it took me straight to making an account for the game, which I don't want to do just yet. Don't call me lazy. :/)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Hey guys, my friend told me to look into this game and that it's an MMO set in space with science fiction.

I saw the subscription rate is $15/month but does anyone know the cost of buying the game/expansions itself? (I couldn't really find that info on the website, it took me straight to making an account for the game, which I don't want to do just yet. Don't call me lazy. :/)
    I would suggest trying the trial out first and see if you like it, since the game is not for everybody.
    The Steam sale is tomorrow and it would not surprise me if the game would go on sale tomorrow, you can buy it from there if you want.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I saw the subscription rate is $15/month but does anyone know the cost of buying the game/expansions itself?
    There is normally an extra $5 activation fee when you subscribe for your first month, unless using a PLEX or some type of sale (Steam/Amazon) so I guess you could say the game costs $5. All expansions (they're really just patches 2-3 times a year) are absolutely free. CCP also sells Pilot License Extensions, aka PLEX, which is an item that is redeemable in game and can be used for 30 days of game time. This item can be bought and sold on the in game market, so if you have enough in game currency you can pay for your subscription that way instead of with $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Stormy View Post
    This all encompassing thread can't even consistently stay on page 1.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2012-12-20 at 04:28 AM.

Deleted
    Also, people forget that the EVE forums are actually really good. There isn't a need to host a forum here for EVE when the official ones do fine. A single thread for MMO-people to chat (and to advertise the game in general/get access to trials) is more than enough.

Can you get absolutely wrecked and lose everything in game? Is it like completely PVP?

Cause like, I read this article where some guy was transporting like 500 PLEX game time codes or something in his spaceship and his spaceship got killed and...? It seems like he lost all those codes?

It is possible to lose EVERYTHING like The Wild in Runescape orrr...?

Can you get absolutely wrecked and lose everything in game? Is it like completely PVP?

Cause like, I read this article where some guy was transporting like 500 PLEX game time codes or something in his spaceship and his spaceship got killed and...? It seems like he lost all those codes?

It is possible to lose EVERYTHING like The Wild in Runescape orrr...?
    If you are dumb enough to transport everything in one ship then yes, if you play by the simple rule to not fly what you can't afford to lose you will be just fine. It's a pure PvP game, you can get ganked in high security space but it comes at a price for the ganker through ship loss so you are never truly safe.

:O Sounds cool. Thanks for the information.

Can someone give me the 21 day code to invite friends? I'm gonna download the game right now.