Thread: Daeity Blog

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Daeity Blog

Anyone have any idea when daeity will be back?

Better question is, does anyone care?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how anyone other than him would know

I noticed that his blog needed a password to view now, has anyone seen it since it went down?
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    I noticed that his blog needed a password to view now, has anyone seen it since it went down?
    Nope. Now you need to be invited.
    His blog was interesting... Sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Nope. Now you need to be invited.
    His blog was interesting... Sometimes...
    Sometimes? The guy had the most insider info about Blizzard than anyone else that I can remember.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Sometimes? The guy had the most insider info about Blizzard than anyone else that I can remember.
    I dont think he had that much actual 'inside' info (well the first daeity did, not the second) but he was very good at bringing up trends and business subjects that the other sites dont care to talk about.

Plenty of ppl here hate the site (especially mods, owner) but his stuff was interesting (and to be taken with a grain of salt like everything else out there). Not sure what happened with his legal battle against some **** commenter from wowinsider who decided to start a war.

Still, I wouldn't mind reading the site again if anyone has access to it. All attempts to view old posts aren't successful since the internet wayback machine didn't cache it.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    I dont think he had that much actual 'inside' info (well the first daeity did, not the second) but he was very good at bringing up trends and business subjects that the other sites dont care to talk about.

Plenty of ppl here hate the site (especially mods, owner) but his stuff was interesting (and to be taken with a grain of salt like everything else out there). Not sure what happened with his legal battle against some **** commenter from wowinsider who decided to start a war.
    The original Daeity certainly seemed to have more insider knowledge than the second but I liked the way both presented their argument and gave reasons and information they had why they thought this would happen, etc. As you said a lot was to be taken with a pinch of salt but they certainly were on the money about a lot of things.

I can only hope that his problems have been sorted and he is back to blogging soon.

I wonder if he is back to blogging since the site is invite only now, just sucks I can't read the old posts.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

I wonder if he is back to blogging since the site is invite only now, just sucks I can't read the old posts.
    I don't think he is, I think that it all related to the problems he had before he suddenly stopped blogging and the need for an invite is just to stop others from accessing it.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Could someone fill me in what's being discussed here? Interesting discussion, but would like to know context
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

No kidding.

It was always a good read and the information he put out at least had something backing it up instead of just random rantings.

Deleted
    Who is this daeity and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by psychostasis View Post
    Who is this daeity and what does he do?
    Reported on Blizzard inside stuff, sales,Titan info,etc

Pretty scary that he had to stop posting on his blog due to a legal battle or something, it's been well over a year now hasn't it?
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    No kidding.

It was always a good read and the information he put out at least had something backing it up instead of just random rantings.
    Daeity's insider info was as accurate as a fortune teller divining that you must have lost someone close to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Daeity's insider info was as accurate as a fortune teller divining that you must have lost someone close to you.
    Right, because Blizzard shutting him down once before was because of nothing.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Right, because Blizzard shutting him down once before was because of nothing.
    Unless you're Daeity I don't believe either of us can answer that. I'd be willing to bet though it's because of a breach in an NDA during a beta or FFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Unless you're Daeity I don't believe either of us can answer that. I'd be willing to bet though it's because of a breach in an NDA during a beta or FFA.
    You've never really read his blog, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You've never really read his blog, have you?
    No, I've read it. And yes it seemed most of his info was so generic that if anything happened you could say he knew about it beforehand, you know the same way a "psychic" operates.