Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healer that can survive the longest?

Which healer can survive the longest with quite a few enemies on him? If a healer gets switched to in a battleground and there aren't any other healers around, which healer is best off by himself?

In a random bg? With no personal peeler? Holy paladin.
    (But if it is 2 or more good dps, then gl surviving it as any healer with all the insane damage around today).

if they aren't too well geared i can handle about 3 as a holy paladin. Pretty tanky since we wear plate and heal.

Deleted
    if the attackers have a mass dispel/shatter throw then your holy pala is less useful so i would place a resto sham above as he has beter kiting with earthbind/insta wolf but if no shatter/mass your holy pal will probably have more staying power

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played every healer minus a resto druid in pvp, my vote is for holy paladin. However, what good is living if all the people around you die because you're so vulnerable to c/c.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luce View Post
    if they aren't too well geared i can handle about 3 as a holy paladin. Pretty tanky since we wear plate and heal.
    Plate, shield AND heals??

Lol but seriously, its Holy pala as best solo healer. Disc is a very very strong pvp healer but relies on group dynamics too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Ret Paladin
    Agree

Holy paladin

holy paladin hands down. plate, a shield, endless mana, immense bursty heals. i can tank several melee for a while when i play holy.

resto shaman probably comes in second since they are highly mobile and not as vulnerable to cc and dispels as holy paladins are.

priests require a decent amount of support, fall over like wet paper against death knights and don't have the mana longevity of holy paladins.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Ret Paladin
    lol I would say holy in bgs and resto shaman in arena

Deleted
    At the start of season 9 I use to hang out outside BH on my hpala waiting for them to come out and attack me and i could surive for ages

Deleted
    holy paladin

Deleted
    Holy Paladin, for sure. I feel pretty immortal in battlegrounds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    In a random bg? With no personal peeler? Holy paladin.
    (But if it is 2 or more good dps, then gl surviving it as any healer with all the insane damage around today).
    Dmg is insane? I would rather say that healing is beyond insane... other than an unholy DK, which is the only class balanced against healers, no one can take down a healer alone. Healers already expect to run around in god mode and they find it not acceptable if it somehow happens that they get killed in 3 minutes in a 1v1 fight. Without peels, a healer should eventually go down 1on1, either due to damage or due to mana, but most classes can't even bring healers below 90% mana. With all that "insane" dmg that hits them, they are not even consuming mana... ?!
    In MoP, the best anti healer tool gets nerfed... necrotic strike now costs death runes instead of unholy runes.

To the initial question: if kiting is involved, I don't know if the Pala is the one to survive the longest...

Holy Paladin for sure HoF plus Divine Protection = You can't snare me I take 20% less dmg and I sprint away! Lol Healer with sprint its so fun. We also make very good FCs in WSG.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Dmg is insane? I would rather say that healing is beyond insane... other than an unholy DK, which is the only class balanced against healers, no one can take down a healer alone. Healers already expect to run around in god mode and they find it not acceptable if it somehow happens that they get killed in 3 minutes in a 1v1 fight. Without peels, a healer should eventually go down 1on1, either due to damage or due to mana, but most classes can't even bring healers below 90% mana. With all that "insane" dmg that hits them, they are not even consuming mana... ?!
    In MoP, the best anti healer tool gets nerfed... necrotic strike now costs death runes instead of unholy runes.

To the initial question: if kiting is involved, I don't know if the Pala is the one to survive the longest...
    I can solo 80% healers I come across as elemental, in random bgs. Actually, I'd much rather come across a healer than a rogue or a feral. Healers are like, weakest they've been in years in random battlegrounds. I'm not even sure if you are trolling or being serious. >.>
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2012-04-05 at 08:33 PM.

Holy Paladin. They don't need to cast much.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Deleted

No healer SHOULD die to a single dps, whats the point in playing a spec thats beyond useless if they die to a single dps?
    OT holy paladins with their amount of CDs would last the longest while being tunneled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    I can solo 80% healers I come across as elemental, in random bgs. Actually, I'd much rather come across a healer than a rogue or a feral. Healers are like, weakest they've been in years in random battlegrounds. I'm not even sure if you are trolling or being serious. >.>
    80% of healers in random BGs have bad gear, if someone's trolling, then it's not me.

Recent example: watched Hydras 2v2 stream today, disc + mm hunter vs resto sham + warlock. They eventually killed the warlock, and then, in 2v1, it took them 10+ minutes to force an almost OOM resto shaman to leave the game! These are are gladiator and rank 1 players, and they cannot kill a resto shaman in 2v1?

The healers you kill in BGs are just bad, for whatever reason.

80% of healers in random BGs have bad gear, if someone's trolling, then it's not me.

Recent example: watched Hydras 2v2 stream today, disc + mm hunter vs resto sham + warlock. They eventually killed the warlock, and then, in 2v1, it took them 10+ minutes to force an almost OOM resto shaman to leave the game! These are are gladiator and rank 1 players, and they cannot kill a resto shaman in 2v1?

The healers you kill in BGs are just bad, for whatever reason.
    That isn't a case of resto shamans being strong. That's the case of hunters not being able to kill a healer by themselves. Ever.