Pvp and premades

Hello everyone, about 2 months ago I started this game and Its so damn awsome, I Rolled a sniper and currently only pvp, rank 40 atm, but reading more and more it has accured to me that sniper is shit in pvp when it comes to premade so iam coming here to you now, asking, Which class is "better" in premades? my goal with this game is to reach rank 100. I´ve heard and seen that Jugg are really good but that their Main abillity crush is getting removed in 1.2 so how will maraudor stand? I do now wish to play a sorc nor assasin.

Best regards Rashi.

All classes have a place in ranked WZes. A good sniper can tear through players - them being weak is highly over stated on forums. They're a bit underpowered, but not nearly as much as people would like to make out. If you want to be OP go Assassin. Mauraders are going to be very strong in 1.2, and Juggs always have a place on a team (but not so much as DPS, more as Tank-DPS). If you want to get rank 100, I suggest you pick a class and stick with it - all classes in all mmos will have ups and downs in PvP. Good PvP players learn to deal with them, they don't reroll FoTM. At rank 70 I can tell you it's far more important to play a class you like than whatever is currently OP. Rank 100 is somewhere in the neighborhood of over 10,000 games if I recall the math correctly. Valor sub 50 is easy. Once you get 50+ it slows down dramatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick with your Sniper if you like the class. Snipers can be quite powerful when played correctly, it's just most people don't play them correctly. They're also getting some buffs next patch, and more importantly, the new warzone next patch allows Snipers to use the terrain to their advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snipers are great against low-armor types like dps shadows/assassins, sages/sorcerors, and other smugglers and agents (assuming you get the drop on stealthers). The range is huge against melee classes, especially if you hang around some other players and make it difficult for people to close in on you safely.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    Hello everyone, about 2 months ago I started this game and Its so damn awsome, I Rolled a sniper and currently only pvp, rank 40 atm, but reading more and more it has accured to me that sniper is shit in pvp when it comes to premade so iam coming here to you now, asking, Which class is "better" in premades? my goal with this game is to reach rank 100. I´ve heard and seen that Jugg are really good but that their Main abillity crush is getting removed in 1.2 so how will maraudor stand? I do now wish to play a sorc nor assasin.

Best regards Rashi.
    In 1.2 snipers will be one of the best ranged in the game.

Grats.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A well played Sniper/Gunslinger can be very deadly in pvp if left unchecked. I often target them first, unless there is a healer around because they can quickly tear up your team. They are most effective when given enough room to set up, but lack mobility in close quarters. Once you learn your role in each of the different WZ's you can be very effective. For instance, running the ball in Huttball as a sniper/gunslinger is a bad idea, you should be trying to dominate the mid field so that your team can pick up the ball and start moving it toward the enemy goal line or taking out the enemy ball carrier.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is also a nice write up on how to PVP as a Sniper:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...ew-Pew-Less-QQ

Snipers are good. They eat sorcs/sages for breakfast. Dont shoot tanks, they mitigate more of your damage than any other class.

Above all else, play what class you like, screw what is FOTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
    This is also a nice write up on how to PVP as a Sniper:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...ew-Pew-Less-QQ
    WOw that is excellent. Well written, you should try and get that stickied in the guides section.

In 1.2 snipers will be one of the best ranged in the game.

Grats.
    there`s a few parses on the PTR right now, where snipers are at about 1200, and dps sorcs are at around 1600.

Snipers are however amazing if you can get left alone.

Marauders have amazing damage, sustained or burst, 6 second interrupt, self healing. Trans/Pred group buff, healing/dmg buff, healing debuff. Snipers are probably the most difficult class to play at their best, I`d say marauders fall behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    A well played Sniper/Gunslinger can be very deadly in pvp if left unchecked. I often target them first, unless there is a healer around because they can quickly tear up your team. They are most effective when given enough room to set up, but lack mobility in close quarters. Once you learn your role in each of the different WZ's you can be very effective. For instance, running the ball in Huttball as a sniper/gunslinger is a bad idea, you should be trying to dominate the mid field so that your team can pick up the ball and start moving it toward the enemy goal line or taking out the enemy ball carrier.
    Yeah just like how tracer missile is deadly for people who don't know all they have to do is move behind something. Remove sniper dots and LoS enjoy your victory. While I agree sniper shouldn't run the ball this isn't the case considering (at least on my server) swtor has some of the worst pvp players I've ever seen. Example standing in the open and being wrecked by tracer/sniper/lightning spam. Its usually followed by "Nerf x" in general. While half your team jumps in the pit after a juggernaut and rezzers run right to the edge of the endzone for him. I honestly just afk warzones I que solo and wait for my friends to log on so we can roll said people.

I had a mara friend who actually knew how to play and I can say they are one of the best pvp classes even now.Sadly like many other players bored with the very disappointing state of the game quit a while back. Sorcerer sprint/knockback/damage spamming slow and Juggernaut cooldowns/jump are amazing for huttball which is what you will probably be playing most of the time. They are good on the other maps as well so I'd say roll Sorcerer/Jugg/Mara if you want to win more easily. Snipers are one of the harder classes to be good with/higher learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyzon View Post
    Valor sub 50 is easy. Once you get 50+ it slows down dramatically.
    You mean "did slow down dramatically" valor ranks are a complete joke after 1.1.5.
    Last edited by Slothanator; 2012-04-05 at 08:02 AM.