Thread: RBG Comps

RBG Comps

I'm looking at getting an RBG team together and I'm trying to work out the best comp for grinding rating w/a low MMR group to get to 1800+ over the next couple of days. Here's what I'm thinking, and has worked when I run on my Holy Pally (I will be running this group on my Rogue).

Prot/Arms Warrior (FC/DPS)
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Boomkin
    Warlock
    Frost Mage
    2 Rogues (or 1 Rogue and 1 Feral)
    Frost DK

Looking for tips/advice on whether this will work out well for us, and if there's anything I should change up in what I'm looking for.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A decent enough comp to get 1800. You'll want the mage to be Fire for all node maps, and a 2nd boomkin, warlock, mage would all be better than a 2nd rogue or a feral druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    A decent enough comp to get 1800. You'll want the mage to be Fire for all node maps, and a 2nd boomkin, warlock, mage would all be better than a 2nd rogue or a feral druid.
    This.

Double boomkin works pretty well, imo.

Resto Shaman, Disc Priest, Holy Paladin, Sub Rogue, Frost Mage, Boomkin, Affli Lock, Frost DK, Elemental Shaman & Prot Warrior. That's among the combos I played until I reached 2.2k. In yours I think you should replace the feral with a Boomkin/Mage/Elemental/Spriest. But Feral could work as well.

btw your warrior should stay prot for all games even node ones as there the best deffenders and also that arms is shit in rbgs

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoorb View Post
    I'm looking at getting an RBG team together and I'm trying to work out the best comp for grinding rating w/a low MMR group to get to 1800+ over the next couple of days. Here's what I'm thinking, and has worked when I run on my Holy Pally (I will be running this group on my Rogue).

Prot/Arms Warrior (FC/DPS)
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Boomkin
    Warlock
    Frost Mage
    2 Rogues (or 1 Rogue and 1 Feral)
    Frost DK

Looking for tips/advice on whether this will work out well for us, and if there's anything I should change up in what I'm looking for.
    I would say drop a rogue/feral for another caster. Spriest/Boomkin/Mage or hunter, worst case scenario. When we got to right below 2100, we kept coming against teams with more ranged than us, specifically lots of casters, and we would get wrecked. We fought a team that's dps was mage mage boomkin lock shadow priest frost DK. It was impossible to cast. I spent the entire time cc'd, silenced, or kicked. (I played HPal.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    btw your warrior should stay prot for all games even node ones as there the best deffenders and also that arms is shit in rbgs
    sad but true!

Deleted
    Alot of ppl saying drop a rogue.

I always RBG with 2 rogues ( me and another, we know each other skills inside out) ninja capping, def bases and returning flags our forte!

Deleted
    Double rogue's very strong if you play a focused assault type of comp rather than a dot cleave. Play one or the other, mixing them doesn't work well (although it surely works well enough for 1800+, up to like 2400 probably), and don't bother with a feral unless he's FCing and your team knows what they're doing.

Anyway, if you want to err on the side of dotcleave trade one of the rogues for a second moonkin and have your mage go fire, if you want to go for single target burst setup (which I personally prefer, although dotting everything with 2 moonkins with PvE shit is much easier) ditch the moonkin or warlock and get a second frost mage. It all depends on your play style but at those ratings I'd say just dotting shit up and winning by default is much easier than coordinating deeps with dances and actually play the game.

Rogues and Frost mages are a nuisance. Def. worth bringing along even just to slow, but they can burst on people too.