Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't think anything EA is doing is crazy, if you keep in mind that they are a business and their singular concern is bringing in money. They will, simply put, do whatever they think will earn them the most money, PR be damned. What's impressive is that they seem to be succeeding. That's kind of embarrassing.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    The only EA games I tend to buy now are Fifa on a yearly basis, they tend to ruin almost everything they get their hands on these days.
    I get Madden every year. If someone else could release a football game with good actual gameplay then I'd get it. They always make silly minor changes to the game and sometimes they aren't even beneficial. For years I have wanted features like the ability to challenge something specific about a play or to save in the middle of a franchise game. Instead they usually just change menu formats, adjust the graphics, and update the rosters. Still I love football and the franchise mode so I'm a sucker for the series, but can't help but notice how much they could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    I don't think anything EA is doing is crazy, if you keep in mind that they are a business and their singular concern is bringing in money. They will, simply put, do whatever they think will earn them the most money, PR be damned. What's impressive is that they seem to be succeeding. That's kind of embarrassing.
    Sadly, we can only control what we do.
    EA is not getting my money, so they lose.

Since we as individuals can't control what others do, that's the end of it.
    EA/Blizzard (if you hate Cata) will keep making tons of money because they have a name. IMO, that's above everything else.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    I get Madden every year. If someone else could release a football game with good actual gameplay then I'd get it.
    I think EA still owns the rights. People absolutely loved the 2K series, but EA had the cash to push them out of the game when it bought the sole rights from the NFL

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    This was EA's response to the matter. Personally, I find it appropriate.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...om-consumerist

Realistically, the only reason EA ended up winning was due the gaming culture being much more present online than others in the US. Had this been polled in a traditional fashion, I highly doubt EA would have "won" the bracket.

-------

I'm not out to defend EA. Though, I agree with their response that their are far worse companies out there.
    Their response is about as meaningful as a child plugging his ears and singing. It's about as mature, too. Further proof that EA is hopelessly out of touch with its market.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    Back in January, there was speculation, which I agreed with and commented on, on this forum that EA was deliberately doing weird things.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...rica-now-what/

In an article written today, it seems my fears are actually also held by people whose job it is to understand and contextualize the gaming industry. Looks like this is the straw I need to stop buying their stuff.

EA does look like a dirty company.
    Its not even news really. EA has been doing this for almost the entirety of the company. I stopped buying their games because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this does is make the gaming community look like a bunch of basement trolls.

If you like small run by night game you have any of the new indie game out there.
    If you like big game that you know lots of people will play and you can talk with people about you go with the big boys like EA/Activision.

This is not the time to fear EA making you pay more because DRM/DLC ok pay or do not pay it is when EA spends that money to stop people form making minecraft or any other of the top indie game we should fear.

But in your fear of DRM you will just let them kill game after game until no one can make a new angry birds. ME was not cheep all the money you need to pay people to make it needs to come form debt you make zero cash on a game before it is out that can be years.

On the other hand do you think selling you games for $130 would stop people from playing games?
    Would you start playing more of the indie games if main stream game went up in price?
    Do you want you kick ass indie game to come out with AAA versions?
    Would you pay cash for nothing more then a cooler look how much would you pay?
    Would you pay more for a longer game?
    What should you do as a business if the price to make a game means you no longer get any profit will people still pay for a price hike?

Why do people all ways go with the all things in life should be free for me just make other people pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    I guess all it takes is 250,000 votes to declare something the "worst" these days, apparently EA trying to make money (DLC) and protect their investment (DRM) is worst then taking homes away and ruining peoples lives...
    This... Although I absolutely hate EA after all these failure titles coming out (imo.. I do believe they ruined BF3), I do agree the banks are far worse..

Even though I'm not from the USA, taking away homes and ruining peoples lives is far and far worse than some company messing up pixels..
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior