Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzards new MMO, TITAN, is an FPS?

So i was on /b/ and i found this thread of a WoW GM and he was giving out beta invites/answering questions, seemed pretty legit. Someone asked him about Titan and he said this;
    "Don't know much really, I haven't been able to go to one of the special meetings where they show it. I was hired too soon when one was available.

But it's supposed to be pretty crazy, FPS MMO, but not done like anything else"

I would post screen cap, but i can't post links yet.

Commence shit storm. Unless, of course, this is old news and i'm pretty fucking late :/.
    Professional Nerd-rager.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sorry to say, this is pretty old news. Which probably means the "GM" was a hoax, just spinning onto knowledge already known by the public.

Deleted
    Yeah It's going to be an FPS - already confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw that thread. I was mostly in the female abuse thread though.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already knew that

Quote Originally Posted by Neöphyte View Post
    Uh, no. It's been rumored to be an FPS for a long time, but it's just that: a rumor.

Google Firefall, FPSmmo in beta right now. It's not like anything you've seen prior (except tribes which I doubt most of you have seen prior). It's worth your time.

Oh, well shucks. Thanks!
    Professional Nerd-rager.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been out of the Titan loop for some time. This is by far one of the most disappointing things I've ever heard.

/sad

Deleted
    I think its a mix up about firefall (Red5 are ex blizz), we shall see when there ready.

Deleted
    Wait what? It's legit news? Damn...

Rumor I heard was that it was going to depend on user created content and make heavy use of the b.net market place.

GM's can't just give out beta invites since Blizzard betas are now tied to account. What they can do is to get your battle.net account info and have someone at Blizzard add the beta to it. But if you're giving your battle.net account info to a random poster on an internet forum who claims to be a Blizzard rep, you deserve what you get.

As for Titan's it's been rumored to be a FPS MMO for a few years now.

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ltm View Post
    Rumor I heard was that it was going to depend on user created content and make heavy use of the b.net market place.
    Based on Blizzard's recent history, I would highly doubt they would make a game that depends on user created content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    GM's can't just give out beta invites since Blizzard betas are now tied to account. What they can do is to get your battle.net account info and have someone at Blizzard add the beta to it. But if you're giving your battle.net account info to a random poster on an internet forum who claims to be a Blizzard rep, you deserve what you get.
    I've been reading the threads he created and people are just posting their Battle.net e-mails left and right for everyone to see. It truly amuses me.

It was on /B/....didn't that clue anyone in that it was likely just an attempt to get people's battle.net info?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that's been released about Titan is that it's an entirely new fantasy universe.

We know nothing other than rumors about the actual gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamaukku View Post
    Unless, of course, this is old news and i'm pretty fucking late :/.
    Old news and you're late.

Nonetheless there are those out there that continue to believe, even in the face of actual statements by Blizzard management, that Titan will be WoW II. It clearly won't be because that wouldn't make any sense but that doesn't stop the terminally hopeful that Titan will be some sort of BC clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no information on Titan, and if there were, it would be a huge press release because they have been teasing people with just the mere WORD Titan.

All the information they have:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%...ent_project%29

ive been saying this for a while now "titan is a sci-fi MMOFPS".

Quote Originally Posted by Neöphyte View Post
    Oh really confirmed? Please post the link to the confirmation... oh wait you can't cause you are talking out of your arse. Stop spreading false information.