All Territories Contested PvP Zones

For instance, the Alliance are able to capture the crossroads. Then tanks will spawn (or maybe alliance guards; some sort of upgrade).
    Tanks could lay siege to cities, NPC's could spawn to amass an army. Maybe have certain territories have a great reward for capture on random days. Thoughts anyone...Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Goes a bit too far. I like to world pvp, but not thAt much.

I think it would really get players engaging each other again though, however it may be too much for some people you're right.

no, it wouldn't.
    WAR tried that, and it failed horribly.

I was thinking exactly this about one hour ago. Wow as what? 50+ zones? Plus 7 with MoP and all of theme are deserted except the zones of the capital cities. That's unacceptable and a complete waste.

People now don't go out in the world anyway so PvErs would no be affected, all they would need to do is continue to stay in the cities warm and comfortable. While PvPers engage in epic battles.

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    I was thinking exactly this about one hour ago. Wow as what? 50+ zones? Plus 7 with MoP and all of theme are deserted except the zones of the capital cities. That's unacceptable and a complete waste.

People now don't go out in the world anyway so PvErs would no be affected, all they would need to do is continue to stay in the cities warm and comfortable. While PvPers engage in epic battles.
    so, lvling and farming mean that zones are abandoned? yeah, no.

and spreading it out doesn't mean epic battles, it'd mean minor skirmishes.
    if you want epic battles you have to make a dedicated zone, ala a open world AV, that is made for constant conflict and an eternal battle in the sand.
    think an island with two bases and several zones with flash points in between.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-04-05 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    so, lvling and farming mean that zones are abandoned? yeah, no.
    Yeah, i leveled a new char a month ago on a High / Full realm and i saw what? 2, 3 players from 1 to 85? Oh yeah, it really felt i was playing an MMO.

if you want epic battles you have to make a dedicated zone, ala a open world AV, that is made for constant conflict and an eternal battle in the sand.
    That's what i am talking about but instead of making a new zone, Blizzard should use the 50 zones they already have.

Edit: Why keep adding more WGs and TBs and then abandon theme after 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    Yeah, i leveled a new char a month ago on a High / Full realm and i saw what? 2, 3 players from 1 to 85? Oh yeah, it really felt i was playing an MMO.

That's what i am talking about but instead of making a new zone, Blizzard should use the 50 zones they already have.

Edit: Why keep adding more WGs and TBs and then abandon theme after 2 years?
    as i said, they would need to make it a single zone, or if you want it to be more general they could make it one zone every lvl bracket, making it ALL zones would just make it too spread out to actually feel like something.

and WG and Tb were both attempts to recreate IQD, the single largest world PVP hotspot WoW has had since hilsbrad.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, it wouldn't.
    Yes.

Nothing to balance factions. It's be cool seeing new people roll Alliance on a 20:1 server just to see them get camped at level 1 (or 10) by the city guards and have no option but to quit the game and punch the guy who suggested this idea in the face with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    no, it wouldn't.
    WAR failed horribly because EA was involved, not because it didn't have amazing ideas.

This idea wouldn't work in WoW, however; the PvE players would bitch like you wouldn't believe.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow