Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I can confirm they are in there most BETA stage. Nice idea
    Apparently they got pushed to the PTS by accident, and will be removed tomorrow. Still nice to know that they are being worked on. I hope the functionality is as good as some of the addons in WoW, but tbh I would be happy with a working version of how they are now, clean and simple, mouseclick/mouseover functionality.

Well considering the addon dev almost made it sound like they would never happen or were extremely low priority. I got to agree, but they are missing the entire UI customization tab for it to be able to display percentages or debuffs. The dev time to add that is probably heavy. I can DEFINITELY see this being a 1.9 feature sometime in June or July.

15+ Year Old Account
    This will be nice i really like tidy plates/threat plates in wow. I would love to have that functionality in Rift.

Would be nice to have as a tank, but seeing as I spend the majority of my time healing (with a bit of support/dps) I don't think I'll have a huge use for them. Good that they're adding them in those, nameplates are pretty awesome.

Everything Rift related recently seems to be getting Edge wet.

Hopefully they don't consume additional resources.

been waiting on name plates from second closed beta they did back at end of Jan 2011!!!

Apparently they are fully implemented now and available on the PTS for testing. PTS is down atm, will check them out in the morning

10+ Year Old Account
    PTS is still down, my guess it's down because of the Earth wing of ID opening tomorrow? just a guess...

Anyhow you can look at new, shiny tooltips you'll get while using the launcher

Okay, some Nameplates screenshots time

The UI:

Default for player and enemy:

Scaling the enemy nameplates up a bit:

Your current target is highlighted with the other enemies fading:

Last edited by Tarien; 2012-04-27 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    Much better
    will make the game much easier to navigate. Kinda sick of cycling through stuff til my mob finally appears

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the Update that just hit the North American shards included nameplates !!

Elrar posted this, still waiting for full patch notes, guessing some ID fixes as well?

Finishing up the patch notes right now, but guess what - Nameplates are live!

Enjoy
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...-5-2-12-a.html

This was a much needed addition. It was one of the things I missed from wow so much. Trion for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZero View Post
    This was a much needed addition. It was one of the things I missed from wow so much. Trion for the win!
    Honestly the best part. Built into the UI and code, so no addon devs bitching something changed, so that is why I crashed to my desktop. It is very handy having it built in.

Probably the best nameplate implementation I have ever seen in an MMO by default. Better than some WOW addons, even if it lacks some functions from addons. But still, as a default tool- it's snap-snap easy and HIGHLY readable. Which is the most remarkable thing, it's so damn clear.

Deleted
    Nameplates are finally here, now! AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Probably the best nameplate implementation I have ever seen in an MMO by default. Better than some WOW addons, even if it lacks some functions from addons. But still, as a default tool- it's snap-snap easy and HIGHLY readable. Which is the most remarkable thing, it's so damn clear.
    I was shocked at how crisp they are.

On a side note, what does "Disable Mechanics" do if I have the box checked?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZero View Post
    On a side note, what does "Disable Mechanics" do if I have the box checked?
    Makes it so you don't see enemy cast bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Makes it so you don't see enemy cast bars.
    I think it also removes combo points?

Maybe. I don't play fake classes like Rogue. ;d

I'm actually super impressed with their implementation, mad props to Trion for putting in awesome feature ^____^