Deleted

I don't know if I should return...

Hello fellow swtor players,

I left swtor like 2 months ago to play awesomeskyrim, I was like lvl 43 close to 50 but due to my server population getting low (i think) and because I was foolish enough to pick a NA server when Im actually from EU combined with a little boredom for the leveling, I took a break .

Now, with the new patch coming, I feel that I should come back to lvl to 50 and try out the rated warzone and the new content ( dont really care about legacy) because I didnt even get to see Ilum and all that.

I feel the urge to sub for a month and give the game another shot ( when I left I said on the forums that : "the game doesn't get you hooked like wow used to do back when wow was good") .

What really bursts my bubble is low server population, I really hope Bioware would implement server transfers between NA and EU so that I can go to a heavy pop server on EU because as we all know there are more ppl playing swtor in EU.

What do you guys think I should do given these circumstances?

Reroll until server transfers on the desired server , play my main on a light server and lvl him to 50 and get into the content ( if there is enough ppl) or wait until server transfer.

Thanks

P.S Although I complained about my server being light Im AGAINST cross realm warzones and LFD

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the money to spare and liked the game enough at the time then... Yes, you should come back. I would suggest rerolling instead of waiting for server transfers. Who knows when we'll get them and who knows if they'll charge for them.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I'm not really sure if there are more people playing in the EU, there is one server that seems to be getting more and more full - Tomb of Freedom Nadd, it's even back to having a queue now, while there are more and more servers that are light and barely ever being standard. My server is Light all the time now. I've seen a couple of other servers at heavy - it seems like there are more servers that get to heavy in the US.

Either way, it sounds like you're under the impression that the grass is greener on the other side - but the reality is, Servers are emptying all across Europe too, many people are rerolling to a few select servers, but the rest are just slowly dropping in population.

Last week we were averaging 25 in the fleet, the week before that it was 40, a couple of weeks before that, we were averaging over 50, a couple of weeks before that we were averaging 80, and a couple of weeks before that we were over 100 (Republic, this is). Now we're barely above 10, never above 25.

Deleted
    Its that bad now? 10 ppl in fleet? 2 months ago when I was playing there was like over 100 on peak times in the fleet on an RPPvP server.

Bioware merge your damn servers already!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Hello fellow swtor players,

I left swtor like 2 months ago to play awesomeskyrim, I was like lvl 43 close to 50 but due to my server population getting low (i think) and because I was foolish enough to pick a NA server when Im actually from EU combined with a little boredom for the leveling, I took a break .

Now, with the new patch coming, I feel that I should come back to lvl to 50 and try out the rated warzone and the new content ( dont really care about legacy) because I didnt even get to see Ilum and all that.

I feel the urge to sub for a month and give the game another shot ( when I left I said on the forums that : "the game doesn't get you hooked like wow used to do back when wow was good") .

What really bursts my bubble is low server population, I really hope Bioware would implement server transfers between NA and EU so that I can go to a heavy pop server on EU because as we all know there are more ppl playing swtor in EU.

Reroll until server transfers on the desired server , play my main on a light server and lvl him to 50 and get into the content ( if there is enough ppl) or wait until server transfer.

Thanks

P.S Although I complained about my server being light Im AGAINST cross realm warzones and LFD

Server population is the #1 issue plaguing SWTOR at the moment. It's really ruining many peoples gaming experience since there are no cross-server features.

I too would recommend you reroll on a full server. There's some serious migrating going on at the moment and for good reason.

PS: I happen to be on a full server that's actually getting fuller by the day. Last night there were close to 150 people on the Empire Station and a similar amount on Rep side.

Deleted
    Crowe, even if we suffer from population drop, cross server features are never a good thing

I was thinking about subbing for another month too, just until D3 hits, but then i realized why i stopped, which in turn is the same reason i stopped playing Rift soon after.

Im tired of leveling through boring PvE quests, where you kill X of Y monsters, and both games had severe flaws in PvP leveling. One being low xp apart from daily-quest (swtor) and the other having heavy twinking issues ruining the fun entirely (Rift).

I downloaded Heroes of Newerth (HoN), which you can play entirely for free, all you have to do is get to lvl 5 and all the features are unlocked. I suspect i will be playing this until D3 hits

Im tired of leveling through boring PvE quests, where you kill X of Y monsters, and both games had severe flaws in PvP leveling. One being low xp apart from daily-quest (swtor) and the other having heavy twinking issues ruining the fun entirely (Rift).
    Sad to say no MMO will ever NOT have leveling presented in this way. Quests will always involve killing X amount etc. Even in Diablo 3 the quests will have the same thing.

I downloaded Heroes of Newerth (HoN), which you can play entirely for free, all you have to do is get to lvl 5 and all the features are unlocked. I suspect i will be playing this until D3 hits
    Although HoN is fun, the community is arguably worse then any MMO community by far. I would definitely give SWTOR another chance (this goes for anyone), but do yourself a favor and roll on a higher pop server for the best experience.

personally, i'd play on your original server and continue to work on your legacy levels in prep for 1.2. then take advantage of server transfers later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Server population shouldn't be *everything* you base your decisions off of. I am on arguably one of the WORST servers population wise right now, but I am enjoying myself. I have a great group of people I play with and a lot of people I've became close with. I wouldn't leave to a 'high population' server unless every single one of them came too. Just find your niche and you'll enjoy the game as well.

Return! I was on queues last night on Tomb of freedon nadd....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the population thing annoys me and since I had no clue what servers were active during my playtimes, I get no chance of doing Flashpoints, Heroics, nothing. That and the fact the servers aren't as high pop as they used to be.

Deleted

Angry Stay away

Well, based on your hate-filled, obnoxious and ignorant ranting in your "not a troll thread" about Mists of Pandaria, which I suppose got you banned from MMOC, I have no choice but to state my honest opinion which is that you should stay away from the forums and all MMO's in general.

If you want to checkout server pops have a look at sw:tor status. Go to what region you're in, and click server stats and then sort by change. Will give you an idea at least, but theres A LOT of red, and has been for weeks. 1.2 will bring a lot of people back but how many of those stay is a different story.

i just unsubbed my SWTOR account !! well just leave it its not worth it in my opinion
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, based on your hate-filled, obnoxious and ignorant ranting in your "not a troll thread" about Mists of Pandaria, which I suppose got you banned from MMOC, I have no choice but to state my honest opinion which is that you should stay away from the forums and all MMO's in general.
    I want to vote to make you a mod.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, we already have a couple threads of this nature going and this one has strayed off topic.