Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Most Anticipated Pictures of 2012

2011 was actually a brilliant year for independent films, which no one beside us movie lovers saw.
    But now the time has come to 2012, some films have already seen the light, some have not. In fact, there ARE still 9 months to go. So which upcoming 2012 pictures are you looking forward to the most? We all have different tastes of films.
    Some of the notable pictures:

• “Only God Forgives” directed Nicolas Winding Refn, starring Ryan Gosling (no release date).
    • “Lincoln” directed Steven Spielberg, starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Tommy Lee Jones and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (12/??/12).
    • “To Rome With Love” directed by Woody Allen, starring Himself, Alec Baldwin and Roberto Benigni (06/22/12).
    • “Django Unchained” directed by Quentin Tarantino, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz (12/25/12).
    • “The Watch” directed by Akiva Schaffer, starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill (07/27/12).
    • “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” directed by Peter Jackson, starring Martin Freeman and Ian McKellen (12/14/12).
    • “Ted” directed by Seth McFarlane, starring Mila Kunis, Mark Wahlberg and Himself (07/13/12).
    • “The Dark Knight Rises” directed by Christopher Nolan, starring Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and Gary Oldman (07/20/12).
    • “Skyfall” directed by Sam Mendes, starring Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem and Helen McCrory (11/09/12).
    • “Lombardi” written by Eric Roth, starring Robert De Niro (no release date).
    • “Seven Psychopaths” directed by Martin McDonagh, starring Colin Farrell, Woody Harrelson and Christopher Walken (11/02/12).
    • “The Great Gatsby” directed by Baz Luhrmann, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton (12/25/12).
    • “Gangster Squad” directed by Ruben Fleischer, starring Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin (10/12/12).
    • “The Place Beyond the Pines” directed by Derek Cianfrance, starring Ryan Gosling, Dane DeHaan and Bradley Cooper (no release date).
    • “Gravity” directed by Alfonso Cuarón, starring Sandra Bullock, George Clooney and Basher Savage (11/21/12).
    • “Untitled Terrence Malick Project” directed by Terrence Malick, starring Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz (no release date).
    • “The Master” directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams (10/12/12).
    • “Moonrise Kingdom” directed by Wes Anderson, starring Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and Edward Norton (05/25/12).
    • “Zero Dark Thirty” directed by Kathryn Bigelow, starring Chris Pratt, Jessica Chastain and Joel Edgerton (12/19/12).
    • “Cosmopolis” directed by David Cronenberg, starring Robert Pattinson, Jay Baruchel and Paul Giamatti (no release date).
    • “Savages” directed by Oliver Stone, starring Taylor Kitsch, Aaron Johnson and Blake Lively (07/06/12).
    • “Anna Karenina” directed by Joe Wright, starring Keira Knightley, Aaron Johnson and Jude Law (09/07/12).
    • “One Shot” directed by Christopher McQuarrie, starring Tom Cruise, Rosamund Pike and Robert Duvall (12/21/12).
    • “Trouble With the Curve” directed by Robert Lorenz, starring Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams and John Goodman (09/28/12).
    • “Les Misérables” directed by Tom Hooper, starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway (12/14/12).
    • “The Magic of Belle Isle” directed by Rob Reiner, starring Morgan Freeman, Kenan Thompson and Virginia Madsen (07/06/12).
    • “The Playroom” directed by Julia Dyer, starring John Hawkes, Molly Parker and Cody Linley (no release date).
    • “Hope Springs” directed by David Frankel, starring Meryl Streep, Steve Carell and Tommy Lee Jones (08/10/12).
    • “Looper” directed by Rian Johnson, starring Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt (09/28/12).
    • “Welcome To the Punch” directed by Eran Creevy, starring James McAvoy, Mark Strong and Andrea Riseborough (no release date).
    • “End of Watch” directed by David Ayer, starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Pena and Anna Kendrick (09/28/12).
    • “The Amazing Spider-Man” directed by Marc Webb, starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Rhys Ifans (07/03/12).
    • “Prometheus” directed by Ridley Scott, starring Michael Fassbender, Idris Elba and Charlize Theron (05/29/12).
    • “The Avengers” directed by Joss Whedon, starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth (released).
    • “The Bourne Legacy” directed by Tony Gilroy, starring Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz and Edward Norton (08/03/12).
    • “Total Recall” directed by Len Wiseman, starring Colin Farrell, Bryan Cranston and Kate Beckinsdale (08/03/12).
    • “Lawless” directed by John Hillcoat, starring Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy and Gary Oldman (08/31/12).
    • “Mud” directed by Jeff Nichols, starring Reese Witherspoon, Matthew McConaughey and Michael Shannon (no release date).
    • “The Paperboy” directed by Lee Daniels, starring Zac Efron, John Cusack and Nicole Kidman (no release date).
    • “On the Road” directed by Walter Salles, starring Kristen Stewart, Sam Riley and Kirsten Dunst (08/02/12).
    • “Killing Them Softly” directed by Andrew Dominik, starring Brad Pitt, Richard Jenkins and Sam Rockwell (09/21/12).
    • “Cloud Atlas” directed by the Wachowski’s, starring Tom Hanks, Hugo Weaving and Halle Berry (12/06/12).
    • “The Silver Linings Playbook” directed by David O. Russell, starring Bradley Cooper, Julia Stiles and Robert De Niro (11/21/12).
    • “The Dictator” directed by Larry Charles, starring Sacha Baron Cohen, Anna Faris and John C. Reilly (05/16/12).
    • “The Impossible” directed by Juan Antonio Bayona, starring Ewan McGregor, Naomi Watts and Geraldine Chaplin (no release date).
    • “Gotti: In the Shadow of My Father” directed by Barry Levinson, starring Al Pacino, John Travolta and Ben Foster (no release date).
    • “Won’t Back Down” directed by Daniel Barnz, starring Viola Davis, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Holly Hunter (09/28/12).
    • “Hemingway & Fuentes” directed by Andy Garcia, starring Anthony Hopkins, Andy Garcia and Annette Bening (no release date).
    • “Hemingway & Gellhorn” directed by Philip Kaufman, starring Nicole Kidman, Clive Owen and Robert Duvall (no release date).
    • “Beasts of the Southern Wild” directed by Ben Zeitlin, starring Quvenzhané Wallis, Dwight Henry and Levy Easterly (06/27/12).
    • “Flight” directed by Robert Zemeckis, starring Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle and James Badge Dale (no release date).
    • “While We’re Young” directed by Noah Baumbach, starring Ben Stiller, Jesse Eisenberg and Naomi Watts (no release date).

And for 2013+:
    • “Elysium” directed by Neill Blomkamp, starring Matt Damon, Jodie Foster and Sharlto Copley.
    • “Now You See Me” starring Jesse Eisenberg, Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Ruffalo and Morgan Freeman.
    • “The Last Photograph” directed by Zack Snyder, starring Sean Penn and Christian Bale.
    • “The Iceman” directed by Ariel Vromen, starring Michael Shannon, Winona Ryder and Ray Liotta.
    • “Avatar 2” directed by James Cameron, starring Sam Worthington.
    • “Avatar 3” directed by James Cameron, starring Sam Worthington.
    • “Captain Philips” directed by Paul Greengrass, starring Tom Hanks and Catherine Keener.
    • “Mommy & Me” directed by Stanley Tucci, starring Tina Fey and Meryl Streep.
    • “The Hangover Part III” starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis.
    • “How To Train Your Dragon 2” directed by Dean DeBlois, starring Jay Baruchel, Jonah Hill and Christopher Mintz-Plasse.
    • “The Wolf of Wall Street” directed by Martin Scorsese, starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
    • “The Lone Ranger” directed by Gore Verbinski, starring Johnny Depp, Armie Hammer and Tom Wilkinson.
    • “Oblivion” directed by Joseph Kosinski, starring Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman and Nicolaj Coster-Waldau.
    • “Matarese Circle” directed by David Cronenberg, starring Denzel Washington and Tom Cruise.
    • “The Dark Tower” directed by Ron Howard, starring Javier Bardem.
    • “Pacific Rim” directed by Guillermo Del Toro, starring Idris Elba, Charlie Day and Willem Dafoe.
    • “Trance” directed by Danny Boyle, starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Rosario Dawson.
    • “The Hobbit: There and Back Again” directed by Peter Jackson, starring Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis.
    • “Iron Man 3” directed by Shane Black, starring Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson and Ben Kingsley.
    • “Untitled Barbara Jordan Biopic” starring Viola Davis.
    • “Twelve Years a Slave” directed by Steve McQueen, starring Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt.
    • “The Counselor” directed by Ridley Scott, starring Michael Fassbender, Javier Bardem and Brad Pitt.
    • “Saving Mr. Banks” directed by John Lee Hancock, starring Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson.
    • “Foxcatcher” directed by Bennett Miller, starring Channing Tatum, Mark Ruffalo and Steve Carell.
    • “Voyage of Time” directed by Terrence Malick, starring Brad Pitt and Emma Thompson.
    • “Knight of Cups” directed by Terrence Malick, starring Wes Bentley, Christian Bale and Natalie Portman.
    • “Noah” directed by Darren Aronofsky, starring Russell Crowe, Saoirse Ronan and Jennifer Connelly.
    • “Winter’s Tale” directed by Akiva Goldsman, starring Will Smith, Russell Crowe and Jessica Brown Findlay.
    • “Untitled Woody Allen Copenhagen Project” directed by Woody Allen.
    • “Out of the Furnace”, directed by Scott Cooper, starring Christian Bale, Woody Harrelson and Zoe Saldana.
    • “Sinatra” directed by Martin Scorsese.
    • “Silence” directed by Martin Scorsese, starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Benicio Del Toro and Gael Garcia Bernal.
    • “Rush” directed by Ron Howard, starring Chris Hemsworth, Olivia Wilde and Natalie Dormer.
    • “Hitchcock” directed by Sacha Gervasi, starring Anthony Hopkins, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Biel.
    • “Despicable Me 2” directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, starring Al Pacino, Steve Carell and Miranda Cosgrove.
    • “Black Wings Has My Angel” directed by Alfonso Pineda Ulloa, starring Tom Hiddleston, Elijah Wood and Anna Paquin.
    • “Thor 2” directed by Alan Taylor, starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and Tom Hiddleston.
    • “Robopocalypse” directed by Steven Spielberg.
    • “The Bitter Pill” directed by Steven Soderbergh, starring Rooney Mara, Jude Law and Channing Tatum.
    • “Your Voice in My Head” directed by David Yates, starring Emma Watson and Stanley Tucci.
    • “August: Osage County” directed by John Wells, starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep.
    • “Behind the Candelabra” directed by Steven Soderbergh, starring Matt Damon and Michael Douglas.
    • “Toy Story 4” starring Tom Hanks, Michael Keaton and Joan Cusack.
    • “Jack the Giant Killer” directed by Bryan Singer, starring Nicholas Hoult, Stanley Tucci and Ewan McGregor.
    • “World War Z” directed by Marc Forster, starring Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos and David Morse.
    • “A Star Is Born” directed by Clint Eastwood, starring Tom Cruise and Beyonce Knowles.
    • “Kill Bill: Vol. 3” directed by Quentin Tarantino.
    • “Caught In Flight” directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, starring Naomi Watts.

The Cannes Film Festival 2012 official schedule has officially been released! I have added some of the competitors to the list, which I am looking forward to myself. Here is a link to the schedule: http://www.totalfilm.com/news/2012-c..._fee=0&_r=true

Share Yours
    Last edited by Eorayn; 2012-05-13 at 12:14 PM.

The Hobbit.

That's about it.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

10+ Year Old Account
    The Avengers!
    /drool

Edit: And the new Dark Night movie, I don't remember the full name.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

The Hobbit, Dark Knight Rises, New Bond Movie, The avengers although thats late spring, and spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    The Hobbit.

That's about it.
    The trailer was SOOO boring, i really hope the movie isn't the same, Cabin in the Woods (i think that's the name) and The Avengers are the only 2 on my radar, movies are expensive as shit anyway <_<.

EDIT: Oh and Batman ofc ^_^

The Hobbit
    The Avengers

*reserved*

*cuz i don't have a clue about any other movies I'd like to go see
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Avengers, Hobbit, Prometheus, Darknight rises, and hoping that the new Judge Dredd movie turns out as good as i hope it will.

Theres also other movies i will see but im currently unsure about them. They could be good but who knows they could flop as well.

The Hobbit.

Everything else is far far behind.

Prometheus and The Hobbit.

Deleted
    In descending order -

The Hobbit
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Avengers
    Prometheus
    Ted
    Django Unchained
    Skyfall
    The Amazing Spiderman
    The Bourne Legacy
    Rock of Ages
    Resident Evil: Retribution
    House at the End of the Street
    Alex Cross
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
    The Great Gatsby
    Anna Karenina
    Cloud Atlas
    Dredd

The Hobbit, Bourne Legacy, Great Gatsby, Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, Prometheus, *Hunger Games (already out and it was great)*

Also strangely excited for Twilight, not because I have any intention of seeing it but rather because that horrific piece of shit series will finally be over and all the morons who think they are good movies can finally STFU...

Deleted
    The Hobbit, The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers. Those three and in that order.

I have no interest in superheroes, comic crap, etc.. so it's ironic the only movies I'm really looking forward to this year are:

The Avengers

The Dark Knight Rises

Prometheus

*looks like I'm the only one lacking any interest in Tolkein based films..
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

I loved the LotR trilogy, but for some reason just can't get pumped about the Hobbit.

I'm looking forward to:
    Dark Knight Rises
    Ted
    Cabin in the Woods
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Spielberg's Lincoln will probably be good too, but I'm way more interested in the fake version, lol)
    Avengers
    Iron Sky (filmed a while ago, but finally coming out this year...Nazi's from space! lol it's swedish, i think. Somewhere foreign)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcian View Post
    Also strangely excited for Twilight, not because I have any intention of seeing it but rather because that horrific piece of shit series will finally be over and all the morons who think they are good movies can finally STFU...
    Knowing Hollywood, they'll reboot them in less than 10 years, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers, because of two words: Joss Whedon.

Hobbit because of two words: Martin Freeman.

Dark Knight Rises because of two words: THE BATMAN.

Everything else is something I'll probably wait for to come out on the movie network on demand, or download eventually, cause I'm damn broke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prometheus.
    Skyfall
    The Avengers
    G.I. Joe: Retalliation

Quote Originally Posted by Bavlet View Post
    The trailer was SOOO boring, i really hope the movie isn't the same, Cabin in the Woods (i think that's the name) and The Avengers are the only 2 on my radar, movies are expensive as shit anyway <_<.

EDIT: Oh and Batman ofc ^_^
    It'll be the same as Lord of the Rings, which had boring trailers and turned out to be an amazing 3 movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of what's already been posted. Hobbit for sure. Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus, Avengers. Pretty standard stuff.

I like movies that surprise me though. Ones you don't hear a lot about but creep up on you. Inception, Social Network for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of them all

The Hobbit
    The Dark Knight Rises
    the Avengers

They are the ones that instantly come to mind.

The lack of Prometheus in every reply is disturbing. Also, The Hobbit, Dark Knight Rises, The Bourne Legacy and some others.

Of the movies I'm aware of the Avengers is the only one I'm going to go out of my way to see.