Deleted

Why are the reply bars greyed out?

I know a friend who has his reply bars greyed out on this forum. Does anyone know why or how this came to be? Thanks! : )

Is he logged out or banned? Or his browser is bugged, tried restarting it?

Deleted
    He's not banned and the bar is (normal) white at first, but after a few seconds it turns grey and nothing can be written in them

Deleted
    Tell him to make screenshots, send them to you and post them, otherwise I can't be sure of how this looks or works.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-04-05 at 04:50 PM ----------

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...lyscreenie.png

I had the same problem for 2 days now. Today it's gone (as you can see) i can post again ! yay.
    And i wasn't banned, I know what being banned from this site means and its not the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the devs are trying to track this down; it seems like a strange edge case.

First, make sure to clear your browser cache to make sure there's nothing old.

If that doesn't work, let me know what operating system / browser / browser extensions.

Deleted
    This was happening to me yesterday for a little while, but it just fixed itself. I tried refreshing/restarting but neither of those worked. Just wait it out seems to be the trick. Wish I could be more help! :|

I'm having the same problem.. until I fired up IE for the first time in ages to see if it worked.. lo and behold it works in IE

running win7pro sp1, chrome 16.0.912.77 (outdated version, prefer to keep this build due to way it handles website resizing compared to new versions of chrome),

extensions: adblock, ietab, divx and my slingbox extension.. i've disabled them all and tried again, but no work.. i'm thinking it's either Chrome or the version of Chrome..

don't want to upgrade Chrome if I don't have to to.. not sure if this is happening in firefox or opera.. probably not..

edit: forgot to mention that i deleted all cookies.. the only thing I haven't done is update chrome

EDIT2: ok, updated chrome and it works now.. answer: update your browsers
    Last edited by sheffield; 2012-04-06 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Yeah, the devs are trying to track this down; it seems like a strange edge case.

First, make sure to clear your browser cache to make sure there's nothing old.

If that doesn't work, let me know what operating system / browser / browser extensions.
    Running into the same issue with Internet Explorer 7 (don't ask... PCs at work).

This may be a coincidence and as a dev I loathe intermittent issues like this. Have fun guys!
    It was replicated five times.

Windows 7 Ent. Sp1, IE 9.0.8112.16421
    Went to my Profile: My Account -> General Settings

Miscellaneous Options
    Message Editor Interface:

• Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
    I assume the default choice was “Standard Editor”. If I check Enhanced Interface, the grey and disabled editor box does not occur. If I check either of the other two options the bug occurs every time for me.

Do you have compatibility view on in IE9?

Ah ha... yes indeed. It was not on for all sites but an erroneous entry had made it in there for mmo-champ and two other random sites. Such a wonderful place to put that button MS!!!

I removed, restarted, and changed editor settings and the other two worked fine.

TY

10+ Year Old Account
    This piece should be fixed now!
    the PHP Enchanter at Curse, Inc.