Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to get your beta invite?

Hi!
    I wonder is there any chance for not annual pass members to recive their beta account invitation? or some sort of key?

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeer View Post
    Hi!
    I wonder is there any chance for not annual pass members to recive their beta account invitation? or some sort of key?
    Leave these forums, now.
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to say really, I know a few people myself whos not in the AP pass thingie that have the beta them selves so yes there's a chance however a much lower chance then AP users obviously.

Deleted
    Hi!
    Leave and never return!

10+ Year Old Account
    not for awhile. Look to wait til all AP invs are done, then its maybe

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    It's hard to say really, I know a few people myself whos not in the AP pass thingie that have the beta them selves so yes there's a chance however a much lower chance then AP users obviously.
    Alcatraz is a liar. See this thread: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-on-their-way/
    It is officially started by Blizzard: "There have been no opt-in invites." Every "wave" of invites that have gone out, have specifically said they were for AP holders.
    Like music? Check this guy out - http://artificialfear.com/
    Subscribe to his youtube! - http://www.youtube.com/user/ArtificialFear

Deleted
    Hi!
    From random opt-in, low. If you're part of an official fansite's staff, like me, you can just politely ask. Otherwise, you have to wait for a fansite to organise a contest - but those will most likely not happen until after AP people are in as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OberonXIX View Post
    Alcatraz is a liar. See this thread: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-on-their-way/
    It is officially started by Blizzard: "There have been no opt-in invites." Every "wave" of invites that have gone out, have specifically said they were for AP holders.
    Then my friends are liars obviously, Cause I'm playing with them right now and the person says he never signed up for the pass and he got the beta

Cool right? But hey believe what you want, I'm ma keep checking out the new RFC while I'm at it

I heard Crabby from the main forums had a few to give away.

Then my friends are liars obviously, Cause I'm playing with them right now and the person says he never signed up for the pass and he got the beta

Cool right? But hey believe what you want, I'm ma keep checking out the new RFC while I'm at it
    That is excellent proof. Blizzard is so lying.

What about reading the blue post? He said there are 4 kind of people in the beta right now, only one of them being the annual pass people.

I know of a few people who didn't go for the AP, and got their invites already. I'm still waiting on mine (and I have the AP).

What pisses me off more is that a good friend of mine got a beta invite even though he hasn't played wow over the last 6 months. I guess the MoP beta is ment to boost subscription numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevolget View Post
    I know of a few people who didn't go for the AP, and got their invites already. I'm still waiting on mine (and I have the AP).

What pisses me off more is that a good friend of mine got a beta invite even though he hasn't played wow over the last 6 months. I guess the MoP beta is ment to boost subscription numbers.
    Think you can get them to prove it so this guy here thinks I'm not a liar -.-

---------- Post added 2012-04-05 at 07:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    What about reading the blue post? He said there are 4 kind of people in the beta right now, only one of them being the annual pass people.
    Oh hey clarification <3

Deleted
    Think you can get them to prove it so this guy here thinks I'm not a liar -.-
    Why do you care? You get to play the game, your friends do, and let some random person on the internet be wrong. It's his problem.

LOL @ believing blizzard.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    They plan to invite AP people before opt-ins. A few may sneak in but not many. I honestly doubt they will invite many Opt-ins with the 1.7 million AP subs.

Dell laptop that comes with beta invite? Say what?

But I guess if they want to spend their money on that, t'is up to them.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    LOL @ believing blizzard.
    Because believing random people on the forums is so much better.

Currently the only ones in are AP holders, people from official fansites, people who purchased a specific dell laptop, and very few opt-ins (generally because they have odd computer specs.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Because believing random people on the forums is so much better.

Currently the only ones in are AP holders, people from official fansites, people who purchased a specific dell laptop, and very few opt-ins (generally because they have odd computer specs.)
    Well he did have a beast computer, One that was about 2k custom built for top end gaming :P if that helps

"If someone is in the beta it is because:

-They're press or work on an official fansite
    -Are friends/family of a Blizzard employee
    -Bought the Dell laptop that comes with beta invites
    -Purchased the Annual Pass

There have been no opt-in invites."
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ir-way/#post96

Now, your "friends" could have obtained their invite in ways other than the annual pass-- they could be press or work with an official fansite, could have participated in the Dell promotion, or be friends/family of a Blizzard employee, but Blizzard has explicitly stated that NO opt-in invites have been sent. I'm far more inclined to believe Blizzard than you or your "friends."

@ OP: There will be a small window for opt-ins to get into the Beta, but it will most likely be after all of the Annual Pass invites have been sent out, and there will most likely be a smaller number of opt-ins this expansion, so your chances of getting in will be smaller than in past years.