Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cult of Forgotten Shadow: make your own spell

Most of interested shadow priests should know that our role comes from forsaken's religion: the cult of forgotten shadow (wowwiki link: http://www.wowwiki.com/Cult_of_Forgotten_Shadow ). As our new 87lv spell "Spectral Guise" and our old though beloved Dispersion turns us into Shadow ascendants, and we are able to suck life from our enemies; the purpose of this post is to play with that and think about what spells could we have if we were the designers or if our opinions really mattered anything. An other topic to discuss is what do you think about losing devouring plague and what it could have turned into instead of disappearing.

shall I begin?

Graveyard: Shadows begin to rise from the ground creating a shadow sanctuary. While standing on it your shadow damage spells deal 10% more damage and heal up to three other friendly targets standing on it by the same percent. If an enemy enters to your shadow sanctuary it freezes in place for 8 sec . Lasts 10 sec. 3 min cooldown.

"the air becomes cold around the ascendant"

remember: this is just for fun, don't be a party pooper and show your "creativity".
    Last edited by Dami; 2012-04-06 at 02:35 AM.

Hypnosis Put the target in a drowsy state for 5 seconds. While drowsy, movement speed is slowed by 50%, and all Mind spells deal 25% increased Damage.
    Shadowflare Your Shadowform morphs into a Hellfire state for 30 seconds, damaging all nearby enemies with increasing Shadowflame Damage. While in a Hellfire state, your Dispersion lasts an additional 5 seconds, and also radiates Shadowflame Damage.
    Vampiric Feast Drain the life force of all nearby enemies, and return it to you, as well as converting a portion into mana. In addition, any enemy slain by Vampiric Feast will have their soul reincarnated as a Shadowfiend, forced to do your bidding for 25 seconds. Maximum of 5 at one time.

Just give us our devouring plague back.

Oooo I like graveyard, hypnosis, and vampiric feast sounds Amazing. Dun know about the shadowflare though. Seems to warlocky. Nothing we use in shadow uses fire.

Hmmm

Ive never personally thought about making up spells, so nothing comes to mind. But it surely sparked something, and I shall be back with mine! :P

Oh, and about DP. I remember when i first played shadow priest I always thought that spell seemed like the odd one out. Putting a plague on the target when everything else has something to do with shadows and the mind. I guess that would be the... RPish opinion, for raiding though i guess I dont mind it gone. In different.
    Last edited by azza; 2012-04-06 at 05:05 AM.

Mind Swap (2 sec cast; 45 sec CD): Deals x shadow damage and swaps locations with the targeted enemy. -- Talent that makes it give you a short speed bonus after being used --

Detonate Orbs (Instant cast): Consumes Shadow Orbs to deal instant damage around the Priest, granting Empowering Shadows. -- Talent that gives it a 10 yard knockback as well --
    • 1 orb: Deals x damage in a 5 yard radius.
    • 2 orbs: Deals 2x damage in a 10 yard radius.
    • 3 orbs: Deals 3x damage in a 15 yard radius and applies Shadow Word: Pain to all targets hit.
    Shadow Word: Eradicate (1.5 sec cast): Deals x shadowfrost damage, stacking up to 3 times. Each stack increases Shadow Word: Death damage by 20%. Only usable on enemies under 25% health. -- Talent that gives it a 33% chance of refreshing Vampiric Touch per stack --
    "Do you have a PUT HANDS ON PEOPLE spec?" - Danny

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Assault: Create clone of target enemy that uses various abilities. Lasts x seconds. X Cooldown.

Think of their shadows coming up from the ground and attacking them. Using an ability from their repertoire.

After reading the replies so far all I can think of is give us Improved Shadowform that turns us into a playable Kil'jaeden. Without being rooted from the ass down preferably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    Shadow Assault: Create clone of target enemy that uses various abilities. Lasts x seconds. X Cooldown.

Think of their shadows coming up from the ground and attacking them. Using an ability from their repertoire.
    I like this the most, like the shadow of ur target rises up with ur target having no shadow on the ground anymore and attack the target.
    A bit like how a ghoul from a DK rises from the ground animation.

Shadow Word: Simplicity (Passive) - You no longer generate Shadow Orbs, and your Mind Blast now simply just grants you Empowered Shadows as if you had 3 Shadow Orbs. Simple!

Ephiphany - Increases maximum number of Shadow Orbs to 5. Lasts 20 sec. When Epiphany expires, any Shadow Orbs greater than 5 will be lost. 2 min cooldown.

Mental Reflexes - Allows you to cast Mind Flay while moving.

Deleted
    Shadow Mend: You mend a friendly target's mind with soothing shadows, healing X for every shadow orb consumed. Heals 40% less if cast outside shadowform.

Reflection (passive): Your Shadow Apparitions no longer move and will instead cast Mind Flay on your current target for the next 7 seconds before fading away.

Mental illness: turns mad your enemies causing them to punish themselves by x shadow damage over 12 sec. Each time mental illness deals damage an additional 50% of that damage is also dealt (distributed) to all enemies within 10yds. Only one target can be affected by mental illness at a time.

Duress

1 minute cooldown

Interupts spell casting and prevents THAT SPELL from being cast for 10 seconds.

Forced Entropy
    1 minute cooldown

Consumes all damage over time spells cast by you or others on a target and deals X damage. In addition, the target is stunned for 3 seconds.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

If i'm not mistaken, DP used to be a forsaken only spell? it made sense for them to have it sense they were developing the plague and all. when they gave it to everyone it certainly did seem odd. . . but i may not be remembering correctly

Quote Originally Posted by azza View Post
    Oooo I like graveyard, hypnosis, and vampiric feast sounds Amazing. Dun know about the shadowflare though. Seems to warlocky. Nothing we use in shadow uses fire.
    Yes, no fire please. But I believe Mind spike is Shadowfrost, so maybe there's room for frost spells in their arsenal? This would most certainly differentiate them from Warlocks.

Creeping Chill (Active): You torment the target with the sense of impending death. Deals X Shadowfrost damage over Y seconds. Your Shadow Word: Death will treat the target afflicted by Creeping Chill as if it were below 20% health. Can only affect one target at a time.

Angel of Death (Passive): Transforms your Shadowfiend into an Angel of Death, granting it the ability to cast Mind Flay. The caster receives 3% mana each time the Angel of Death deals damage. (Basically, it's a ranged version of shadowfiend with a slow ability for kiting).

Eternal Torment (Active, 90 seconds cooldown): Causes your next Mind Flay on a target to refresh the duration of Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain and multiplies its duration by the number of Shadow Orbs consumed. (So with 3 orbs SW:P will have 18*3 seconds duration VT will have 15*3 seconds duration).

Deleted
    Agonizing Pruritis: Causes your target's flesh to itch brutally for 8 sec. Target enters into maniac health anxiety, increasing attack and movement speed by 100%. However, if the target moves (or attacks), the itching continues for more than 8 sec, afflicting the target with Rapid Relapse which deals [X] undispellable shadow damage over 20 sec, increased depending on how much the target moved (or attacked) during the 8 seconds. 1.5 min cooldown.
    Shadow Wave (cant think of a better name) - Sends a massive wave of shadow energy through the target, bouncing through the target 3 times before it disappears. Deals increased damage to targets who are facing the shadow priest. Your next Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch casts deal additional 50% damage against the target of your Shadow Wave. 1 min cooldown.

Shadow Wave should be our highest hitting ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Word: Insanity - 10 second channel, 2 minute cooldown - all enemies within 40 yards of you are teleported into a shadow realm where upon they are attacked by 5 appariations of their party or raid members, or until they kill them all. Based on the last boss in (Herald Volazj?) the Nerubian city instance back in WotLK (I forget the instances name too).

Shadowy Boo - your shadowy appariations are Boo's (ghosts from Mario), they move very slowly and stop moving and cower if you are looking in their direction, but always move toward the target - and kill them on contact (at least Boo's weren't panzies like our Appariations - only 8k when they finally hit? Pfft, at least Boo's one shot you!)

Dissapate (or perhaps "Mist") - every time you reach 25% of your maximum health (75%, 50%, 25%, 0%) you proc the ability to use Dissapate - teleporting you forward 25 yards - usable while stunned and rooted (but doesn't break stuns or roots), removes all bleeds and poisons. Based on the The Black Bishop's teleport in the quest to unlock Twilight Highlands (Archbishop Benedictus has a unique and AMAZING looking shadowpriest teleport ability).

Edit: Found a video of it, doesn't really emphasize it - but you can see the swirly purple teleport he does every 25% of his health.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQgCsAK_IYM
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-04-07 at 06:43 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Black hole-Devour : You create a black hole that devouring the next three spells cast on you. x mins cd and last for 10 sec

Black hole-Returning Darkness : You reopen the black hole sending all the spells it devour to your target.no cd

Glyph of Black hole : You can also use your black hole to devour yourself in to darkness, allowing you to travel invisible throught the shadow dimension for 10 secs. After 10 secs your black hole reopen retuning back the spells and your body.

Ilusion : You tun yourself invisible to you oponent eyes (every other enemy can still see you) and you leaving a shadowy aparirition taking your place and casting spells tha deal no damage to your oponent for 5 secs. During that duration you can cast harmfull spell to that target only. You also can move freely during that duration.

We need something more to do during AOE. Here's an attempt at one that uses orbs, and doubles as a way to get some healing in PvP if enemies are kited out of it.

Vampiric Mist: Consumes all Shadow Orbs to form a cloud of mist centered on the target's current location for 8 seconds. Every 2 seconds the mist either deals X damage per orb to all enemies inside it or, if there are no enemies inside it, heals the priest for Y per orb instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    We need something more to do during AOE. Here's an attempt at one that uses orbs, and doubles as a way to get some healing in PvP if enemies are kited out of it.

Vampiric Mist: Consumes all Shadow Orbs to form a cloud of mist centered on the target's current location for 8 seconds. Every 2 seconds the mist either deals X damage per orb to all enemies inside it or, if there are no enemies inside it, heals the priest for Y per orb instead.

I like your Vampiric Mist idea
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Some (semi) Serious Ideas. Some may be slightly OP:

Shadow Word: Fortitude
    (Requires: Shadowform)
    Your Power Word: Fortitude now reduces an enemy targets stamina by X for 20 seconds.

Shadow Word: Shadow Vulnerability
    (Requires: Shadowform)
    Your Shadow Protection ability now makes an enemy target, and all enemies within 10 yards take 10% Additional Shadow Damage for 45 seconds.

Glyph of Vampiric Tendrils
    Your Void Tendrils no longer root enemies in place. Instead, they apply 3 seconds of Vampiric Touch to enemies every 3 seconds (lasts 20 seconds, or until killed).

Some much more serious ideas:

Glyph of Mario Kart
    Your Shadow Orbs now take the appearance of Red Shells. Upon Casting a Mind Blast, a shell will chase down the nearest hostile target - causing X damage, and knocking them over.

Glyph of Twilight
    Causes you to sparkle during daylight hours when Vampiric Embrace is active.

Glyph of Mind = Blown
    If you gain a killing blow by using Mind Blast, the targets head explodes.