Disc Priest PVP gear

I've found a new love in Disc PVP. I'm currently 84 and have been doing BGs as Disc for about 5 levels.

That said, I have 3000 honor right now, and no idea how to spend it once I hit 85. What do people normally buy first? What's the order for buying PVP gear?

Well, seeing as you'll want it all, it doesn't particularly matter. Trinkets are always a strong choice simply because 1) Resilience is sexy, 2) The on-use effects are amazing. Macro the spell power trinket to your Power Infusion for some huge burst healing, and the freedom from immobilization on the other is always solid.

Deleted
    First, forget all the fun you had for the last few levels – you will die. You will die a lot. A cloth healer without resilience screams SHOOT ME, SHOOT ME. Hunters, Mages, DKs, Ferals, Rogues, everyone will kill you in seconds, even with shield, PoM and pain suppression. It gets better around 2500-3000 resilience.
    There is no "right" order, but you could try this:

1. Trinket. You need this. http://www.wowhead.com/item=70392#sold-by (or horde version).
    2. Gloves http://www.wowhead.com/item=72400 reduced fear cooldown is helpful
    3. Get a weapon as soon as possible. Staff or 1h+offhand is up to you. Staff provides more spirit 1h+offhand more offensive/healing stats. I went with staff but on recent gear levels 1h+offhand seems more useful.
    4. Next, get 2-piece for resilience set bonus, i'd suggest helmet for metagem (int+spellcrit or int+maxmana)
    5. next 2 set pieces for 4-piece set bonus
    6. cloak for spell penetration (250pen on cloak is enough, don't enchant for penentration) and get hit capped (4% +hit, around 400 hit rating), you don't want your fear/mind control/shadow word death to miss/resist, ever. Yes, hit is a boring stat, but you need it.

Gem for int and int+resilience, reforge for hit (until capped at 4%), then reforge for haste OR mastery
    2nd trinket is up to you. I'd suggest an +int PvE trinket.

Don't reforge for hit... reforge for spirit, then you get passive regen AND hit.

:edit: ignore this comment, derp.
    Last edited by kombucha; 2012-04-07 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

I always try to get 2P then both trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Don't reforge for hit... reforge for spirit, then you get passive regen AND hit.
    You're thinking of shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
    You're thinking of shadow?
    Yeah... I have no idea what happened. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Trinks first then I usually just fill the left side of character panel and then weps and then the right side. I try to buy the expensive stuff first because then the last bits are easy to grab. Also, enjoy not having resilience for a while - but don't let it give you a bad taste.

Deleted
    Craft the 377 cloth Embersilk pieces. The mats haven't risen, but the ilvl has. They are a steal if you're a tailor or not too stingy with your gold and they will help you get into 85 PvP a lot easier, as opposed to being the prime target for any DPS with an eye for...talent.

I just did the same thing on my SoR'ed Disc Priest. I do have the luck of being a tailor on a server flooded with cheap Embersilk on the AH. Crafting the entire set cost me about 800g in materials. Buying them would've cost me 2400g. Personally, 2400g is a small price to pay for not going through that low-resil phase. It's horrible .
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-04-07 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    1)get all crafting pvp-pieces including neck and rings (85 pvp without them is hell)
    2)if you are not human get the insignia
    3)get the gloves (reduce fear-cd)
    4)get mooncloth 4pc
    5)get weapons
    6)get everything else :P

for spellpen i use the cloak, for hit i have one hit-ring and reforged hit from bracers, mh, oh and the other ring
    but there are many ways to hitcap :P

maybe you can find a cheap darkmoon card: tsunami, its still a good choice imho for the second trinket :>

Buy the vicious (blue) neck/rings, as u can't enchant/gem them, which you should go for last (unless you are a enchanter)

Chest and Legs -> 2200 + 2200 = 4400 honor + 2 setup bonus
    Then gather for your weapon(s) 3400 honor (You will hit 7800 total earned for wep when u hit 3400 honor then - perfect!)

Then start going for 4 Set-bonus. Usually you want to buy legs/gloves last, because they can drop in BH.

Get the cloak of diffusion (spell pen) to not get your cc resisted

Start getting items u can enchant/gem and reforge to hitcap and the rest to spirit (maybe haste if you prefer)

If you don't have a trinket, maybe you should consider that first