... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    /in for Mafia if there's space.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go as maybe at the moment.

Thank you Worgenite. And hey everyone else. I've played the scum games with friends before, but this is the first time I'll be playing here. Should be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Np Nive ^_^ And Remi, I have you in reserves should Wass drop out before the game starts, hes waffling. If he plays though, I'll put you first on the next game's signup ^_^

Also, everyone: We're thinking of having a basic setup with 24 people. 18 town vs. 6 scum. The town will have one cop, one jailor, and possibly a doctor. The scum will be a full mafia team. HOWEVER, we're also thinking of throwing in either a vigi to the town or a single sk. What does everyone think of a possible vigi or sk?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a Serial Killer. It ups the night kill count (and hence reduces the length of the game) but doesn't imbalance the teams.

Have all three Town Power Roles. Potentially consider dropping the Mafia count to 5 and maybe adding a Godfather (2of4 has 2 mafia against 7 townies which is about 28.5% scum, 6 mafia against 17 town is about 35%, 5 mafia against 18 town is about 27.7%, the Godfather bumps the scum power by a bit).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Np Nive ^_^ And Remi, I have you in reserves should Wass drop out before the game starts, hes waffling. If he plays though, I'll put you first on the next game's signup ^_^

Also, everyone: We're thinking of having a basic setup with 24 people. 18 town vs. 6 scum. The town will have one cop, one jailor, and possibly a doctor. The scum will be a full mafia team. HOWEVER, we're also thinking of throwing in either a vigi to the town or a single sk. What does everyone think of a possible vigi or sk?
    Well i personally find the Vigilante role to be sorta tasteless since it makes it possible for a single fooled townie to make the whole game collapse with their naive nightkills and solo-actions but I won't be performing a /ragequit action if we do have have one. If we include the SK then I'd prefer the setup to be 18 town vs 5 scum vs the SK

Also, has the PM matter been settled? Allowed or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Silkku: Hivemind
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Well i personally find the Vigilante role to be sorta tasteless since it makes it possible for a single fooled townie to make the whole game collapse with their naive nightkills and solo-actions but I won't be performing a /ragequit action if we do have have one. If we include the SK then I'd prefer the setup to be 18 town vs 5 scum vs the SK

Also, has the PM matter been settled? Allowed or not?
    18 vs. 5 vs. 1 would be how it would be if we have the sk. Arlee is actually thinking of having both an sk and a vigi but idk if shes going to stick with that.

PMs are allowed.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be against a Vigilante.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I'd be against a Vigilante.
    We unfortunately didn't really get to see how useful a vigilante could be for either the town or scum as Lysah guessed correctly and mafia NK Elyaan night one and all she got to do was kill Kumduh.

From a scum perspective I know that the viligante was more important to die for me than an SK at the start.

I'm just curious as to why peeps only want one SK? I thought the uniqueness of SK's was that it pretty much took a town lynch or to finally kill off the lookout to get them both. If only one aren't they just a lone mafia that kills differently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oookays. Thankies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Oookays. Thankies.
    I should have edited that lol, Wass has decided he won't play this game so you're in!

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have edited that lol, Wass has decided he won't play this game so you're in!
    Oh, okays. I shall die the 1st day! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    From a scum perspective I know that the viligante was more important to die for me than an SK at the start.

I'm just curious as to why peeps only want one SK? I thought the uniqueness of SK's was that it pretty much took a town lynch or to finally kill off the lookout to get them both. If only one aren't they just a lone mafia that kills differently?
    No, because the Mafia usually come to a consensus about who to kill and who does the killing, whereas a single SK will just kill people to frame them (or otherwise).

Having a Vigilante basically puts the entire game on their shoulders: if they keep missing and hit Townies they make the game very easy for the Scum, and vice versa. They exaggerate the tiny imbalances in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 12:32 AM ----------

What I mean is, the Mafia have a consensus vote, whereas the SK is a more personal strategic night kill.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Still debating if there will be 1 vigilante and 1 sk... I sort of would like both, but I can see the arguments for no SK as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why Vigilante over SK, Arlee?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry btw. Im not playing next round for a bunch of reasons. Ill still be following the thread though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Why Vigilante over SK, Arlee?
    Didn't you say that the Vigilante would be better to have since it's actually trying to play for a team and doesn't want to kill townies and as such will tend to be more careful, whereas the sk doesn't really care who they kill?

No Arlee, that was me =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Didn't you say that the Vigilante would be better to have since it's actually trying to play for a team and doesn't want to kill townies and as such will tend to be more careful, whereas the sk doesn't really care who they kill?
    Yeah, but the Vigilante exacerbates imbalnces in the power of each side, whereas the Serial Killer (as a third party) doesn't do this as much.

I just don't want to see the Vigilante Night Killing lots of Vanilla Townies and then being blamed for the loss.

And the Serial Killer does care who they kill. They just work alone as opposed to the Mafia, who work as a group.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)