Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Third, the Alliance does have Gnomish technology, but the Horde has Goblin technology. Gnomish isn't better than Goblin.
    well, it does have a tendency to explode less often...

Though the horde has forsaken technology as well.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post

Which is quite often combined with toxic materials I'd say both are a double edged sword.

10+ Year Old Account

Goblin technology blows up gnome technology breaks down.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think the Forsaken mind too much seeing as they are dead

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 01:15 AM ----------

If Garrosh fails as a war leader, then how did he lead the Warsong Offesnive to victory?
    Garrosh may be too proud to the point of arrogance

But u cannot fail to see that he is also a capable war leader, powerful warrior, and incredibly big on honor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Which is quite often combined with toxic materials I'd say both are a double edged sword.
    Good thing the forsaken tend to be immune to their own concoctions then neh?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Horde has Mankrik. He alone equals 200,000 alliance men

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Good thing the forsaken tend to be immune to their own concoctions then neh?
    Yes but the guy I quoted said the horde has forsaken technology, so I assumed other species might use it as well, combine it with their toxic stuff and bam "We need a new grunt over here".
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-04-10 at 03:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes but the guy I quoted said the horde has forsaken technology, so I assumed other species might use it as well, combine it with their toxic stuff and bam "We need a new grunt over here".
    I tend to place my faith that the horde isn't stupid enough to let non Forsaken deploy the bombs, much like I don't imagine the Night Elves to be allowed to play with the gnome tech
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to place my faith that the horde isn't stupid enough to let non Forsaken deploy the bombs, much like I don't imagine the Night Elves to be allowed to play with the gnome tech
    And yet, there are plenty of night elves who spec'ed into gnomish engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they still have the power to if they should need for an "I WIN" button to end it once and for all.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quality > Quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    And yet, there are plenty of night elves who spec'ed into gnomish engineering.
    They still don't let them build the really good stuff, like submarines, fighter/bombers and nuclear reactors.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Deleted
    The night elves are using gnomish cannons ast Stardust spire in Ashenvale, it's working quite well for them.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 12:02 PM ----------

They still don't let them build the really good stuff, like submarines, fighter/bombers and nuclear reactors.
    Don't know, I'd say the explosion of the Well of Eternity beats every nuclear reactor the gnomes might have... and we built a new one under Nordrassil! We can blow it up and see, but hold on until we move the entire Kalimdor Alliance to Feralas and beyond in south, deal?

Deleted
    Seriously, Azeroth makes no sense demographically.

Over little more than 20 years there has been wars that devasted all and every human kingdoms, the orcs were utterly defeated and the remanant confined to prisioner camps (how many orcs could the humans afford to imprision, anyway?); and this is what happened to the 2 most vibrant races.

High/Blood elves lost 90% of their population in the 3rd war alone, and then most of them migrated to Outland.
    Darkspear trolls and Tauren lived as hunter-gatherers prior to the formation of the new Horde, 3 years before WoW. Hunter-gatherer cultures have a very low population density.
    Night elves have a very low reproduction rate, because of their immortality and having most of their males sleeping their lives away. They might had not even recovered to the population they had before the Sundering.
    Dwarves and Gnomes seem to be confined to life inside mountains, and the dwarves specifically have done so in the same moutain for centuries: that doesn't speak of demographic vigour.

With such weak demography, can how they sustain armies? And then we have the cataclysm, that killed a whole bunch of people (again). It is completely unsustainable, and only acceptable through suspension of disbelief. Otherwise the Forsaken should be the only remaining country of Azeroth with military might.

With those glaring plotholes in Azeroth demographics, I think that considering that the "losing side" is irreconcilable with the differences between faction populations is a minor problem.

Nothing really to say that hasn't been said already lol.

The Alliance loses so frequently because their races, the exception being Night Elves (see WC3), are relatively frail in comparison to their Horde counterparts.

That whole "better trained" thing just sounds like a bad excuse to me.
    Take night elves, their soldiers alone might have lived long enough to have more fighting experience thene most other races combined.

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    High/Blood elves lost 90% of their population in the 3rd war alone, and then most of them migrated to Outland.
    Thats not true 15% of the blood elves settled in Outland, the rest remained on Azeroth, otherwise correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Quality > Quantity.
    True, but not always. During WWII, the Germans had far superior tanks by any means. However, they were expensive and difficult to repair. The american tanks were weaker, but they were cheap to produce and easy to repair. On the field and in the long run, the higher quality of the Panzers or Tigers did not amount to a lot against the mass of weaker Shermans the Americans were able to produce.

Thats not true 15% of the blood elves settled in Outland, the rest remained on Azeroth, otherwise correct.
    Wait, whats the source for that number? And didn't more emigrate after the dark portal was reopened?

Wait, whats the source for that number? And didn't more emigrate after the dark portal was reopened?
    Kael'thas took 15% of the blood elven people to find and claim a new homeland in Outland, while the remaining 85% remained on Azeroth to reclaim Quel'Thalas from the Scourge.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_elves

Yes some of them migrated to Outland afterwards, like the Pilgrims you encounter in Thrallmar, but most of them turned against Kael'thas the moment they realised Kaels allegiance and their promised paradise was a barren wasteland.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-04-10 at 03:05 PM.