Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance, ironically, had more enemies than horde IMO. Also, Quality > Quantity. The Horde has strong warriors, and goblin/undead technology, elven magic, tauren strength, orcish strength and shamans, and troll withdoctors and headhunter.
    Howay the lads!

Alliance = More tactical. They rely on plans instead of their muscle power.
    Horde= More muscle power and pure brute force. They use their physical strength as an advantage. When thrall was the warchief they used to be much better cz thrall was raised by humans so he has got the military knowledge to put together a tactical strike and at the same time he has got the physical strength and the blood thirst of an orc. Thrall was the perfect military leader, Garrosh is a dumbass.

Don't know what everyone's so surprised about. The Alliance have never won against the Horde.

In the First War, a portion of the Horde decimated Azeroth (As in Stormwind). Even in the Second War, it took Gul'dan's betrayal to splinter the Horde enough for us to do anything more than die horribly at Capital City, and the Sons of Lothar would have been wiped out on Draenor after Khadgar closed the Dark Portal had Ner'zhul not caused Draenor to blow up, breaking the Horde's back. In the Third War, the Horde won every battle on two continents against all their enemies and ended up a superpower.

In Vanilla, the neutral factions--such as the Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle--stole everyone's lore. We could have had the Scarlet Crusade on our side going up against a group of Forsaken in the Plaguelands, each side determined to take down Scholomance, Stratholme and Naxxramas as well as their rivals, but no. Burning Crusade was such a Horde expansion (Orcs and Blood Elves) that Velen and the Draenei did more for the Horde than they did for themselves or for the Alliance.

Wrath was the same as Vanilla, with the Argent Crusade and Knights of the Ebon Blade stealing Alliance and Horde (Humans, dwarves, orcs and Forsaken) lore respectively, not to mention the Kirin Tor going neutral (Blizzard taking the lazy way out) instead of, y'know, staying Alliance and having a counterpart faction in the Horde for game balance purposes. And Cataclysm? Horde, both in focus and successes.

Now there's a war we're apparently getting ready to wage, and it's taking yet another loss to the Horde to do so. What, were all their other atrocities not good enough?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are stronger than humans. I think a single orc can take on 2-4 troops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Kael'thas took 15% of the blood elven people to find and claim a new homeland in Outland, while the remaining 85% remained on Azeroth to reclaim Quel'Thalas from the Scourge.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_elves

Yes some of them migrated to Outland afterwards, like the Pilgrims you encounter in Thrallmar, but most of them turned against Kael'thas the moment they realised Kaels allegiance and their promised paradise was a barren wasteland.
    Good correction.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Rather pointless arguing over exact or social sciences (military aptitudes) in a -fantasy- world.

In fantasy worlds everything the writers decide happens, even if it realisticaly makes totally no sense or has no plausibility. (Good writers however make sure that everything keeps appearing as plausible as possible), what's it called again ... suspension of disbelieve.
    Yes, i quite agree... my biggest issue is that, either i am too conscious of the demographic problem or the authors made it way too implausible. Too much people dying once and again and again, within a single human generation (and humans are the fastest or second faster race to reproduce in Azeroth). And they keep having mighty armies that can perform global operations and they can oppose not just each other, but ancient, transdimensional powers.

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Please, point them out. I'd love to learn something.
    Gnomes are lower than humans on the Arcane+Divine list? Gnomes low on arcane? What? There have been gnomes on the Council of Tirisfal. Gnomes lower than trolls? Arcane? A? r? c? a? n? e?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    Gnomes are lower than humans on the Arcane+Divine list? Gnomes low on arcane? What? There have been gnomes on the Council of Tirisfal. Gnomes lower than trolls? Arcane? A? r? c? a? n? e?
    Not to mention having Draenei at medium. Sargeras went after them because of their arcane skill, and after thousands of years with the Naaru, their abilities with the Light are likely stronger than any Azeroth native.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    He did say Magic (divine + arcane). Gnomes are not high on divine magic. So they should be lower than humans, who have the greatest paladins and great priests. Of course, the Gnomes would be a little higher on arcane magic alone, but certainly not above humans. A lot of the greatest magi were humans : Aegwynn, Medivh, Antonidas, Niellas Aran, Rhonin, even Kel'thuzad. Let's not forget that Dalaran was a human nation. How many great gnomish mages do we know? Milhouse Manastorm? Personally, I would put humans on the high end of magic users, not middle like he did.

True, but Dalaran isn't exactly part of the alliance anymore, meaning they lost most of their great arcane mages. And you'll notice that all the races at the top (except the wildhammer dwarves, I think I accidently switched them and the draenei, let me fix that) have a society that practically revolves around magic. The trolls have a long history of using voodoo in battle, while the gnomes really focus on technology. True, there are some pretty damn good mages amongst them, but it doesn't really seem to have spread amongst the gnomes. In addition, they barely have any priests or paladins. Stormwind has medium because it is the center of the church of light, as well as having widespread mages. Theramore has medium because, presumably, mages from Dalaran and priests from Lordaeron came with Jaina. Kul Tiras has medium because we saw in warcraft III they had special elite casters in the military.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    The biggest armies dont always win take the Revolutionary War, We where little compared to the British but we whooped that ass.
    Wrong, British troops were a mini task force from Britain and we still managed a better casualty/troop ratio.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance are losing SOOOO much? really? Are they losing THAT much?
    I will let u say Alliance gained a little less

But to say Alliance is "losing" and " a lot" makes you sound silly