Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's an area in Kun-Lai named Maker's Perch

It better have titan-related things and such.

Hunter's changes r simply sucks...
    We do love the way we have our pets right now.
    Some tank pets for solo. Some DPS. Some for PvP... It's a fun to find them, tame them, talk 'bout diff specs and needs.
    Simplifying this will kill most of the fun...
    Thanks for noob huntards, who was crying on blizz forums for last few years.
    First we lost our abilities to learn skills and teach our pets then, then we lost our ammo. Now we r 'bout to say good bye to pet system.
    One pet will fits all needs :O(

Look, i've posted here quite a bit about how terrible WoW has become. Long posts, very opinionated posts. But i've come to this certain realization. WoW has, with MoP, become another entity. Where before, it was WoW on a downward slide, it is now something more. It's WoW 2.0 or WoW Worldwide. It is now the entryway into other mmo's, into gaming, into the possibilities of the connected world of gaming to be more exact. At this point, it is a legitimate collection of scenarios, such as walking down the alley of a fair. Individualized hallways of content, great snippets of content. Think of Wario-ware. That is wow today...and frankly, where it doesn't occupy the "sit down with a nice tall glass of rum+coke, ignore the rest of the world, sink myself into a solid 4 hours of heroic raiding / serious pvping" image that I wished it would be, it is the "Sit down with a beer, chill out, do 30min-1hr of fun/casual stuff" type of game. They have their own merits.

The "casual" side of my gaming livelihood is very crowded though. You see, under my way of thinking, as I somewhat devoted gamer, I split certain amounts of my gaming into little sectors...some my core "loves" (snes rpgs, realism fps's, deep mechanic puzzle games, some to stay current with casual and modern titles (BF3, Tribes, SWTOR) , some to delve deep into hardcore offerings(dwarf fortress, Path of Exile (awesome game btw)). Those modern games, those casual games, I've got a limited space for. I need that time as a gamer for the other stuff...its who "I" am as a gamer. When I dream of cool gaming stuff (and that's something I do btw), I dream of moments in those deep hardcore titles... not the fun (but casual) forgettable stuff. That's what separates good from great. The product from the art. ANYWAYS, I DIGRESS... WoW has gone from a fallen mmo ... from a bad casual game... to a legitimate casual game. And I may just jump back into things if that same presentation of content becomes cheaper... but as it stands, wow has become so instanced that it is barely "massive" in the definition... It should be 1/4th the cos to sub, just as their cost to operate has dropped significantly, as has their frequency of content updates.

TLDR: ITS NOT WOW ANYMORE, BUT IT IS SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS SIGNIFICANT ENOUGH TO BE ITS OWN GAME.

JUST SAYING.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    TLDR: ITS NOT WOW ANYMORE
    This........

TLDR: ITS NOT WOW ANYMORE, BUT IT IS SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS SIGNIFICANT ENOUGH TO BE ITS OWN GAME.

JUST SAYING.
    You are pretty correct, that's why I don't recognize it anymore. I liked the old grindy aspect of it from TBC/Classic and that's why I devoted so much damned time to it. But that was also when they had only a few million subscribers and the majority of the players were not only nerds in real life, they were dedicated gamers. Yeah, I'm a geek from hell, I can go back to graph paper and pencils, so it's in my nature. But...

It's not in the current demographic's nature to play games like what we saw in Classic and TBC. It's big business now, so they shuffle the die hards aside and call it quality of life enhancements. Good for them, it makes them money. If you don't like it do as I and my friends did, vote with your wallet. There are multiple titles out there that are (from my standpoint at least) tailored to appeal to people like myself. WoW is essentially the training wheels of MMOs anymore, which is good. It makes the genre popular and people that used to laugh at me in grade school are accepting it as mainstream today. Maybe once they learn how to do it here, they can try to upgrade in a different game.

Also, when you have 10 million subs, you structure your company to support it. They aren't exactly interested in writing pink slips either. It's a survival thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, Noblegarden. The time when the masses crowd into otherwise deserted villages in the hope of obtaining goodies. And getting dizzy in the process. x_X
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

nice Goblin picture

This is anecdotal, of course, but managed to get the mount from an egg within an hour.

Deleted
    I'm thinking about making a sign with the Kun-Lai Summit map and the island "I need a name" to post in all "this is beta" threads. Just love it! That's where I'm going to set up my farm.

Also, 500 chocolates for the mount - is it worth it? The Swift Love Bird took me a couple of hours of farming including cleaning out Throne of the Tides for a nice farming spot. With my luck I'll probably get the mount to drop in my 498th egg or something...

Deleted
    Got the mount in an egg 3 eggs after i bought it....

Why is it not BoE?

JUST SAYING.
    There's no logic in your post. Just subjective ideas about what it "should be" or what it "used to be". The context of your own experiences playing this game do not automatically relate to others. I mean the purist way to look at it is that after the very first patch in Vanilla it was "no longer WOW". Get over it. It's cool to post you opinions in forum/site like this, but just label them your opinions, not some crappy logic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpapeckinpah View Post
    There's no logic in your post. Just subjective ideas about what it "should be" or what it "used to be". The context of your own experiences playing this game do not automatically relate to others. I mean the purist way to look at it is that after the very first patch in Vanilla it was "no longer WOW". Get over it. It's cool to post you opinions in forum/site like this, but just label them your opinions, not some crappy logic thing.
    Where did I use or imply anything like that?

You sound like an idiot frankly. WoW isn't the wow it once was anymore. You simply cannot deny that. It's not a literal "its been patched therefore its different" 10 year child logic that you're implying. It's a significant departure that has come over a very long period. I don't know what exactly you have a problem with in my post, which was just me making a post, but I feel what I said has some very heavy ground to stand on.

Thinking about it...you know what, fuck you, what I said is in fact correct and stand by it as the final word on the state of the game. I have spoken and no other discussion is allowed about it anymore, unless I say so. WoW isn't wow anymore. It's not a traditional mmo, as it once was, it's something wildly different. In LK and Cata it tried to hold onto that traditional mmo shell, but with MoP they're just dropping it altogether. Go fuck yourself, because i said so.

-Just another random commenter

Ugh guess I have to go get 500 chocolates for the mount

10+ Year Old Account

JUST SAYING.
    That's a good way to look at it, and certainly less frustrating than trying to think of it as a version of vanilla/BC-era WoW. (Because you're right, it isn't anymore.) What just blows my mind is trying to figure out why anyone would want to do something like that to a game that had 12 million players.

"Hey, we've got the most successful and profitable video game in history!"

"Yeah, but it obviously sucks, so let's turn it into a completely different game!"

/boggle

Wow just isn't what it use to be, mind i started kinda late mid WOTLK, but i enjoyed myself leveling, learning how to do things. Hitting 80 being able to gear myself at a decent speed. I enjoyed ICC it was fun yet not to challenging. The when Cata came I bought the special edition thinking like oh this going to to be fun. Hit 85 in less than 5 days...then the hell begins....2hr heroics, less than acceptable gear raiding almost impossible for 2 months in a non hardcore guild. Nothing to do but waist my time on archeology. Quit for a month, play League of legends, come back..do a few uninteresting raids that still people are bad at. Molten core comes out hurray i actually did the hylas quests im ahead of the game....month of doing boring quests and raids barely can down anything. I'm done.....Hear about pandas....Nope never coming back... hear about pokemon...nope never coming back....hear about the dragonflight losing there powers....what the hell is wrong with you blizzard never coming back....hear about Tyreal mount....I want the stupid pet nope sorry you arent getting a years worth out of me......hear about 6 talent points......wha tha hell?..........I'm sorry but 6 talent points really blizzard...I dont give a crap about your reasons for doing it it stupid and pathetic you really thing its going to be more diverse no 6 spell you can choose from onyl six will be just right per spec your jsut lazy and dont want to have to make adjustment to 80 talents of even 40. Im sorry but enjoy looking though that talents to decide whats best for me...oh six wow looks like only these 6 spells will truly be usuful... sorry the 6 talent points were my last straw. Those who continue to follow blizzard you are nothing but sheep that follow what ever blizzard tells you. There are far more interesting mmos out there, dont give blizzard any more money for the crap they are giving us.

Deleted
    used scroll of resurection to get mount plus brew of the year...4th egg, got mount /happy bunny! ... got brew of year, was done in literally 5mins, now i can relax some more till MoP Thank god! 8D

Deleted
    Looks cool