Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Feathers From Heaven | New Talent Preview (Video)

Logged on Beta to try out the new build and check out this new talent that replaced path of the devout. It's quite fun and could have some very interesting uses. Not as quick and effective as body and soul but used in a chain you can get quite far and they can be pre placed for you to run across later.

Thx for the video. I am sure there will be lots of uses for it, but personally I am really unimpressed that we are not getting the levitate speed boost as an option. /sad panda

Oh this is definitely too awesome. Just wish they'd choose a better name for it :>

Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    Thx for the video. I am sure there will be lots of uses for it, but personally I am really unimpressed that we are not getting the levitate speed boost as an option. /sad panda
    I think they changed it into a glyph.

I'm not particularly fond of the imagery and mechanics being presented here. It seems.. I don't want to say complicated, because it's obvious how it works, but the talent seems like it could be trimmed down to similar effect. I'm sure it has its uses, but I'd much rather they work with Levitate, it's one of those abilities many Priests seem to like, and enhancing its utility would have been a grand addition.

As is, it seems.. I'm sure it will have its uses. It's just not what I would have preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Oh this is definitely too awesome. Just wish they'd choose a better name for it :>

I think they changed it into a glyph.
    If true, that's an interesting addition.. though it raises some questions about the movement tier of the Talent tree.

Having tried it out on beta I'd just like to add that I love this ability and hope it goes live. It's great fun.

Why don't they just call it Light as a Feather ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The uses for this thing are as follows:

1: Gap Closer for your buddies in PvP and PvE
    2: Keeping out of Enemy Range in PvP and PvE
    3: Hopefully getting stupid out of the fire faster....

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    The uses for this thing are as follows:

1: Gap Closer for your buddies in PvP and PvE
    2: Keeping out of Enemy Range in PvP and PvE
    3: Hopefully getting stupid out of the fire faster....
    While one and two are great, number three needs foresight. People that have trouble getting out of fire lack foresight to begin with, and this won't help them.

@Shotty, thanks for putting the video up, looks great!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Ability looks fun and cool, good step for our class, now for some other steps hopefully!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great ability. Not for PvP, for PvP phantasm trumps every other talent. For PvE this is quite nice, can be used to move up to 3 people at high speed, or one person at high speed to avoid raid mechanics.

I personally wish this was a baseline ability for all priests, would certainly help with some of the PvP issues shadow priests have.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting but also a hassle to micromanage especially for a consumable one time thing that is making your mouse casting feathers instead of targeting enemies/dpsing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Looks interesting but also a hassle to micromanage especially for a consumable one time thing that is making your mouse casting feathers instead of targeting enemies/dpsing etc.
    Or targetting people to heal, etc etc

Has potential, but I'm not seeing it being the be-all-end-all must have over B&S (or Phantasm in PvP). I suppose that's the good thing, though, in that we don't have a one-size fits all.

And if I'm playing with another Priest with B&S, at least this gives some functionality in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I would of rather had it as say a 2-3 minute cd where you place two feathers and stepping on one which 'leap of faith's you to the other for say a number of 5 charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason they decided to decouple the talent from levitate is the fact that Shadow Priests damage themselves with SW: Death in their rotation, causing the talent to be unusable for them.

They should name it Path of Light and instead of feathers you place small circles of holy light.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Deleted
    I can't see this not be nerfed. But I like the idea.

I watched the video quickly, but why would someone take B&S instead of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    I can't see this not be nerfed. But I like the idea.

I watched the video quickly, but why would someone take B&S instead of this?
    Because you aren't limited by ground targetting, nor does it require placing ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I think I would of rather had it as say a 2-3 minute cd where you place two feathers and stepping on one which 'leap of faith's you to the other for say a number of 5 charges.
    This would be AWESOME!

Deleted
    Ye wtf, pools of light as someone mentioned would be far better. No wonder people thought it was a moonkin talent at first. We arnt carrying around pillows here!

Aesthetics aside, I think its a really interesting talent and could be amazing on certain boss fights, especially if you can drop it on a bunch of people and they all get the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Ye wtf, pools of light as someone mentioned would be far better. No wonder people thought it was a moonkin talent at first. We arnt carrying around pillows here!

Aesthetics aside, I think its a really interesting talent and could be amazing on certain boss fights, especially if you can drop it on a bunch of people and they all get the buff.
    After the recent announcement that Light Feathers were no longer required for levitate as a baseline, Priests who had been stockpiling them 'just in case' starting throwing them out, figuring for sure that they'd never be needed, again. They soon realized that stepping on them gave them a kick in their step for a brief moment.

I'm sure the tooltip fix is coming soon that reads, "Requires Reagent: Light Feather".

This is canon.