Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Dual wielding vs 2 handers

Blizzard said they want monk weapon choice to be cosmetic/best weapon you can get your hands on? (Monk feedback currently on front page.)
    Now, does this mean that hit chance is same dual wielding and not now? (I seem to remember seeing that somewhere, but not 100% sure.)
    Because I really want to dual wield swords. haha.

Edit: Meh, on the beta my rogue still has huge miss chances. Hope they scale the dpses to be similar.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2012-04-08 at 03:02 AM.

Special hit chance has always been the same, whether you dual wield or not.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Special hit chance has always been the same, whether you dual wield or not.
    I know that, but auto attack is not the same, which is what I was wondering about.

Haven't seen anything about OH hit chance changing.

But I imagine they're just going to try their best to normalize the damage. Won't be exactly equal, and min-maxers will figure out what's the best ... but they'll try to get it even. Although I imagine it'll be a roller-coaster each tier ... eg, t14 2h is better by a few percent, t15 they're just under 1% apart, t16 DW pulls ahead by a bit over 1% ... something like that. Just based on 2h/dw Frost DKs. Although really I think their gaps were bigger when it was more than a negligible difference.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Haven't seen anything about OH hit chance changing.

But I imagine they're just going to try their best to normalize the damage. Won't be exactly equal, and min-maxers will figure out what's the best ... but they'll try to get it even. Although I imagine it'll be a roller-coaster each tier ... eg, t14 2h is better by a few percent, t15 they're just under 1% apart, t16 DW pulls ahead by a bit over 1% ... something like that. Just based on 2h/dw Frost DKs. Although really I think their gaps were bigger when it was more than a negligible difference.
    I agree.

I like the fact that they are trying to accomodate players who care about cosmetics. As long as the difference is less than ~5% that's close enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I know that, but auto attack is not the same, which is what I was wondering about.
    Of course not. It's higher so DW doesn't do significantly more AA damage than 2h.