Deleted

[Books] A song of ice and fire

Hey guys, recently started reading again (been a long time) and after watching game of thrones and loving it i realized i owe it to the writers to read the book as it's nearly always better.

What im wondering is, because i've seen Season 1 which i assume is kinda equal to Book 1, should i start on Book 2 ( i assume which will also be Season 2 which im loving so far ) and hope i can keep up or completely restart but know whats going to happen and have no suprise.

like with any book that is made into a tv show, there will be additions and subtractions from the book. you should ALWAYS start with book 1 in a series.

there are also several threads about this series... why make a new one?

Deleted
    I assumed there wouldnt be one about what i was asking so felt i should create a new thread. Sorry!

Will go buy them in the morning i think!

10+ Year Old Account
    If my memory serves me right, Season 1 is book 1 and a bit of book 2.

I bought book 3 (Clash of kings) and just began to read it.

Deleted
    But i thought A Clash of Kings was book two and thats what Season 2 started on? Maybe ive read wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    But i thought A Clash of Kings was book two and thats what Season 2 started on? Maybe ive read wrong
    book 1 and season 1 end at the exact same point. book 2 starts at the same point season 2 start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well on my Clash of Kings book it says "book three" i think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Well on my Clash of Kings book it says "book three" i think.
    Some strange edition. Second books is Clash of Kings, third book is Storm of Swords.