Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GetWithIT View Post
    Meh, I wouldn't worry about waiting to try it out, especially if you have a friend that is going to buy it. Being a starter isn't that important either. What is important is that you are sure about your purchase. Deya may be more "priviledged," but the rest of us have a decision to make. $80 is quite a bit of formula for my kid.
    I make roughly 269 dollars a week(after taxes) what makes me different from most is I actually plan my money. I set aside a few left over dollars a week for months before the game released. You'd be amazed on how much you can afford if you don't do drugs or drink by slowly saving up months ahead.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    I make roughly 269 dollars a week, what makes me different from most is I actually plan my money. I set aside a few left over dollars a week for months before the game released. You'd be amazed on how much you can afford if you don't do drugs or drink by slowly saving up months ahead.
    Grats! You are not unique, you are not special. No offense. Most people plan their finances. I know I do. Just saying that $80 for a video game is hard to swallow for some.

Grats! You are not unique, you are not special. No offense. Most people plan their finances. I know I do. Just saying that $80 for a video game is hard to swallow for some.

Actually a lot of people do not plan their finniances, theres tons of people out there that make the bare minimum to live and spend the rest on drugs or partying.

$80 is not really that much if you saved it over a course of 10 months for example. You generally pay at least 60. Month on your phone!
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

The game is 60$ in the US, a pretty standard price for video games. I'm assuming you're in the US, if not whatever.. if so.. uhh... why are you getting the DD if 80$ is 'a hard pill to swallow'?

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Such as me honestly, I'm from Portugal, we can pay up to 80 euros for a new game (Mass Effect 3 for Xbox was 75€) the problem is... we have minimum salary of 480 euros per month. To buy a single new game it’s no easy task, especially when the unemployed rate is so high ~
    And here is where the point of 'gaming is a luxury hobby, if money is so tight you can't afford a game or feel ripped off after buying a game, you should probably pick up a cheaper hobby.' comes into play.
    I mean, it's a harsh truth.. but with the sheer amount of information out on the game, if you're too lazy (no offense) to do the research now and decide whether you want to play the game, you don't have much of a right to complain about the cost. :P
    There is a RIDICULOUS amount of information out on the game. There is no reason that you would 'have to play it first or feel ripped off after'.

Anyone who does their research on the game will know what they are getting into before making the purchase.

Actually a lot of people do not plan their finniances, theres tons of people out there that make the bare minimum to live and spend the rest on drugs or partying.

$80 is not really that much if you saved it over a course of 10 months for example. You generally pay at least 60. Month on your phone!
    WTB Proof of bolded, paying credibility.

Anyway, Delias is correct. I have based it all off of the YoggCast's videos from the press betas. From just that I have decided that it will be epic.

Oni, I feel your pain, or at least I used to. I really do hope that after you look at some videos, you can plan accordingly and we see you in game.
    Last edited by GetWithIT; 2012-04-09 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Addressed Oni

Meh, I wouldn't worry about waiting to try it out, especially if you have a friend that is going to buy it. Being a starter isn't that important either. What is important is that you are sure about your purchase. Deya may be more "priviledged," but the rest of us have a decision to make. $80 is quite a bit of formula for my kid.
    Fortunately my kid isn't due for another couple of months, so that's one thing I don't have to guilt myself over... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    Fortunately my kid isn't due for another couple of months, so that's one thing I don't have to guilt myself over... yet.
    15 years from now - "Guild wars 3 is coming out. It looks like it's going to be so much better than current MMOs. I mean, instead of just putting on the virtual reality glasses and punching the air for 2hours you actually have to dive to the side and stuff. Don't worry, it's all brain controlled so I won't break anything. It's only 250$, with no 40$ monthly fee.. can you buy it for me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    15 years from now - "Guild wars 3 is coming out. It looks like it's going to be so much better than current MMOs. I mean, instead of just putting on the virtual reality glasses and punching the air for 2hours you actually have to dive to the side and stuff. Don't worry, it's all brain controlled so I won't break anything. It's only 250$, with no 40$ monthly fee.. can you buy it for me?"
    Wait, they aren't including this in Guild Wars 2? I thought using brain waves was the only way to dodge. Pft, F this game then.

WTB Proof of bolded, paying credibility.

Anyway, Delias is correct. I have based it all off of the YoggCast's videos from the press betas. From just that I have decided that it will be epic.

Oni, I feel your pain, or at least I used to. I really do hope that after you look at some videos, you can plan accordingly and we see you in game.
    If you can't afford guild war two, chances are your computer can't run it either.

If you want to see proof, check where I live at. Practically everyone here is a stoner and borrowing money from their parents to buy even more drugs.

Such as me honestly, I'm from Portugal, we can pay up to 80 euros for a new game (Mass Effect 3 for Xbox was 75€) the problem is... we have minimum salary of 480 euros per month. To buy a single new game it’s no easy task, especially when the unemployed rate is so high ~
    Man, when I see actual numbers made from normal guys on these forums, I'm just amazed at the differences. I paid 500 euros in rent each month, not including electricity, as a student living on scholarship+loan. I'm taking a year off now working, living at home to be able to save up as much as possible. I earn about 125 euros each day at work, that's basically minimumsalary here in Norway, the funny thing is, the games arent more expensive here either really.

OT: I'm really looking forward to GW2, didnt play the first, played a lot of WoW and quit due to boredom, really interested in what GW2 has to offer as something new to me. Have no idea what I will play.

Deleted
    SWTOR had much bigger hype. Don't know why.

Anyway, I'm leaving WoW for GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    SWTOR had much bigger hype. Don't know why.

Anyway, I'm leaving WoW for GW2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_wars
    Plus, a lot of people thought that it being the first big budget MMO NOT in a fantasy setting (Note, big budget. Triple A. I realize there are plenty of MMOs not in a fantasy setting.) meant it would be majorly different than other MMOs, for some reason.

Deleted
    Honestly the only people who struggle getting the game are kids who have parents pay for their wow.
    ...Little offensive, what about those of us who do not live in our parents basements?

Dude, you are just posting to mess with me, right? RIGHT? I do hope so…

I’m not complaining about Guild Wars 2 price, the only comment I left about prices was related to the video game princes in general in my country, when I’m asked to pay more than 70 euros for a game that costs less than half of that in a nearby country I just don’t feel like I’m being ripped off, I KNOW that I am being ripped off. I apologize then if I don’t have the freaking right to complain, please enlighten me how far I need to take this up the ass to be allowed to complain about it…

Also, yes, I seen all the information about the game, it’s kind of hard to miss it around here, don’t you think? Yet, I rather see the game for myself. Problem? Why would this upset you so much? You said it yourself “'gaming is a luxury hobby”, there for I like to make my purchases carefully, based on my own opinion & experience. The game can actually be awesome, made of God&Win and I simply end up by disliking it, with as I already said, doubt it will happen.

It’s a matter of opinions, we all have our owns and no matter how we want to, they aint facts.
    Whoa, whoa, buddy. Not that kind of thread. Calm your horses. I don't think he meant anything by it. I'm sure all of us are on board with the thought that you should pay just as much for your video games as we do. Secondly, he is completely wrong in saying that you are lazy for wanting to try before you buy. So have at him.

-snip-
    Please, tell me how you really feel!
    Lol, jokes.

I'm sorry for assuming that you generally buy games and were complaining about GW2's price, I guess.
    I mean, that's how it came out. When you say you're not sure if it is worth it, and you are worried about being 'fucked over' because you didn't play it in advance, that's how it comes across.
    GW2, compared to other games, is extremely cheap for the content and potential enjoyment you get from it.
    They are offering the quality of a AAA monthly fee MMO for the price of, say, call of duty. Which is just ridiculous.
    My point was simply that I don't see the reason to NEED to play a game before buying it. I mean, how is watching 20hours worth of straight unedited gameplay worse than playing a demo for a couple hours?
    The sheer amount of information is, in my opinion, MUCH more than what we got about ME3 (for example).. and that had a playable demo for it.
    Or most demos, to be completely honest.
    As I've said, there is enough information about there that personally, I don't find "I don't know enough about the game to buy it without trying it first" to be a very strong argument at all.

Closing this, there are already a number of threads/polls about which profession people will be playing at launch ect, don't need another one.