Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Competitive online PC games?

Hello,

I've been sifting through websites to try find some competitive online PC games. I can only seem to find SC2, HoN, LoL and Dota 2.

Would be great if people could list some other games, can be any type of genre of competitive gaming.

Cheers.

Deleted
    depends on the games you like to play tbh.

plenty of arena comps on WoW's website. Also this for Team Fortress 2 Wireplay

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodline Champions is pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Try bloodline champions. Really cool arena pvp , similar to wow but without all the rng and long matches (ie. matches last 1-2min and are really filled with action)
    http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/
    Vomlix beat me

Deleted
    I find TF2 and Gotham City Impostors to be quite fun.

Deleted
    counter strike 1.6

Tribes Ascend

Free, fast and fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    depends on the games you like to play tbh.

plenty of arena comps on WoW's website. Also this for Team Fortress 2 Wireplay
    I'm looking for a game apart from WoW, something new and refreshing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    I'm looking for a game apart from WoW, something new and refreshing.
    well wireplay tf2 is still going strong and i think it still has about 4 or 5 divisions.

Counter Strike is pretty competitive, or at least used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quake 3/Live
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Counter-strike (1.6 and Source), Call of Duty (4 and mw3), Quake Live and in the past Trackmania Nations forever (don't know if its still active).

Deleted
    I have to agree with all the ppl that are mentioning CS 1.6, it's highly competitive! I play pcw matches 3-6 hour per day atm! So god damn fun, if that's too old for you(really the gameplay is OUTSTANDING) they are soon releasing a slightly updated version of CS, but dunno how that will be to be honest.

CS:GO is coming out soon, but right now it's looking pretty bad and will further divide the CS community. If they somehow make it work CS could rise again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    CS:GO is coming out soon, but right now it's looking pretty bad and will further divide the CS community. If they somehow make it work CS could rise again.
    how does it look bad.. almost everyone whose playing it agree's its decent and is improving every week with the updates and lets be honest its still in beta. Why would it divide the CS community more.. its working closely with the old 1.6 pro's and other CS veteran's but valve are also listening to the feedback from beta players.

pretty good video of the CS:GO beta from someone who hasnt played much CS
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-04-10 at 12:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    how does it look bad.. almost everyone whose playing it agree's its decent and is improving every week with the updates and lets be honest its still in beta. Why would it divide the CS community more.. its working closely with the old 1.6 pro's and other CS veteran's but valve are also listening to the feedback from beta players.
    Actually a lot of the top players don't like it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/13/pr...ame=0&ns_fee=0

I personally think it looks bad too, played CSS in ED, ESL, SGL and a few minor leagues too for around 4 years. Nothing too big, wasn't close to being the best, high skill.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-04-10 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Actually a lot of the top players don't like it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/13/pr...ame=0&ns_fee=0

I personally think it looks bad too, played CSS in ED, ESL, SGL and a few minor leagues too for around 4 years. Nothing too big, wasn't close to being the best, high skill.
    did you actually read what they said lol.. it pro nonsense. Main complaint? recoil or lack of screen movement (shake) with recoil. Im sorry but its in beta, with updates almost weekly and if sluggish movement (no bunny hopping ) and lack of screen shake is the worst thing pro 1.6 players have to say then its doing alright imo. Another complaint of lurppis was map changes.. im sorry but i just stopped taking him seriously when i read that.

You do realize that most of the pro 1.6 players HATE CSS... so no idea why you would personally feel that way as its pretty much css 2.0.

CS 1.6 is still the best. CS:GO looks like it will be another CSS.