Deleted

Vagaries vs. Rathrak

Right! So I recently got hold of Rathrak heroic, and was wondering if the extra bit of spellpower and small DoT is worth the loss of the stats on vagaries(also heroic)? Been trying to find some answers in BiS lists and whatnot. But none of them seem to agree.
    Thoughts please? - and thanks in advance.
    Jomu out!

Deleted
    I'd use Vagaries for PvE and Rathrak for PvP.

Deleted
    Rathrak procs insanely much, so go with that.

Deleted
    Does proc quite often, its a tiny DoT however Made up 1-2% of my DPS on tonights rag kill (with only a small amount of seed aoe)

Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    Does proc quite often, its a tiny DoT however Made up 1-2% of my DPS on tonights rag kill (with only a small amount of seed aoe)

thats where rathrak will shine is the aoe situations

Askmrrobot put's Heroic Rathrak above the H Vagaries but both of those below Tarecgosa. I would go with Rathrak on aoe fights.

Deleted
    Very well aware of that fact that Rathrak shines on ae fights. Question is if its a DPS increase on single target fights. May not have been clear when I first asked the question :3 And I'd rather not use a weapon at all, over farming another 15 weeks of shitty Firelands ^^ (so much for rerolling!).
    Guess it comes down to doing some dummy testing, as nobody seem to have any documetation for why they would prefer one over another.

Deleted
    I would prefer Rathrak, dont think the gems slot, crit and haste makes up for 2% free damage on a boss or more on AoE fights.
    Seeing u do HM's u should have enough haste on gear to keep the 2589 plateau if thats ur goal.

Deleted
    Rathrak does beat Vagaries even on single target, although it's obviously slightly down to luck on when it procs. Realistically you can probably just go with whichever you prefer as the dps difference won't be huge.

If you don't have Dragonwrath, H Rathrak is BiS mainhand by nearly 125pp, obviously with the H Ultraxion offhand as OH (only heroic offhand).
    Here is a list of my SimC results
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1113

On fights with multiple targets, or portions of AoE the difference will be larger, with Rathrak coming out further ahead.

Is it safe to assume that H VoT > N Rath for all but intensive AOE fights, such as Yor'sahj? I do 10M raiding and I acquired H VoT last week and it seems to be a pretty decent boost on single-target like H Ultrax.
    Disc/Shadow Priest

Deleted
    Yes it is safe to assume that^^.

http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1113
    rathak outshines vagaries quite far on single target even more on aefights
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

I'd use H Vagaries over regular Rathrak, except on heavy aoe fights (if your group keeps black/yellow combo up a lot on Yor'sahj for instance). But H Rathrak is better than H Vagaries, simply gain too much spell power. But if you don't have access to heroic Rathrak, use H Vagaries, since that is way easier to obtain.

Deleted
    Let me ask about casual versions of those weapons. I have acces to LFR Titahk, LFR Rathrak (+378 offhand) and normal VoT (+same 378 offhand).
    Is it safe to range them as
    1) VoT N+378 offhand as a way to go
    2) Rathrak LFR +378 offhand for heavy AoE
    3) Titahk LFR as a dust collector in my bank

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Rathrak is much better than Vagaries due to the poison proc. I use it over my H Vagaries and H Scalpel. Its free damage and who doesn't love that?

Deleted
    I've been asking me the same question.

141 CRT, 153 HST, 16 INT vs 182 SP + the dot (which is ~1,4% of my dps for me)

Anyway, I don't have Vagaries to test it out.

Kilee's guide and Uuna BiS List put Rathrak > Vagaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Althanza View Post
    Let me ask about casual versions of those weapons. I have acces to LFR Titahk, LFR Rathrak (+378 offhand) and normal VoT (+same 378 offhand).
    Is it safe to range them as
    1) VoT N+378 offhand as a way to go
    2) Rathrak LFR +378 offhand for heavy AoE
    3) Titahk LFR as a dust collector in my bank
    N Vagaries by itself is only ~85 PP value of LFR Titahk, any offhand will certainly push it over.

LFR Titahk may be the worst weapon for its ilvl ever put into the game, at least for spriests, in terms of personal DPS. I'm very skeptical of the proc's value for Raid wide DPS as well.
    Last edited by UunaPriest; 2012-04-12 at 12:13 AM.