praying for a low quality render option

i heard that the min sys req for GW2 will be a 256mb graphics card... and that is all i currently have (with a quad core, 2.3Ghz processor).. in Rift, i can run the game lag-free in windowed mode with all the options turned down and the "low quality render" option check-marked.. i have not tried it any higher than that because i am only trying the classes out in Lite, so i don't care right now

i really hope people are out there writing to Arenanet about making certain that people who can run Rift can also run GW2, even if a low quality render option is needed.. (maybe i should write also, right now).. i like Rift, but let us be honest with ourselves : P.. GW2 is light years ahead of every other game and it's the FUTURE and i gotta be there!! : P

if any GW2 beta players read this and you have a 256mb graphic card, i dunno if the NDA agreement would have anything to do with that (i assume, but not certain, that just asking about how your own hardware is holding up would not violate NDA since it really isn't revealing anything about the game's content) but, i reeeally need to know what's going on!! : P
    Last edited by Riskbreaker; 2012-04-10 at 12:08 AM.

if your comp hits the minimum requirements...at low you'll be able to play it. So has been the track record with gw1

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Note this is just minimum requirements, it doesn't say how well you can run it. Only that you can.

If you have 400 or 500$ you can build yourself a better rig that will probably end up being able to play GW2 without a problem on lower settings. If you do have that kind of cash, post your budget, and what you would like to play in the computer forums. Just a suggestion, I actually DON'T have GW2 beta so if the money is not an option at all in any way shape or form from now until GW2 is released, then my answer will not help you in the slightest

Sorry!

Aveline's amazing work!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but having a computer that can't run minimum games nowadays is your fault not the companies. I really don't mean to sound a dick but it's not hard in the slightest to reach the minimum requirements that are needed :/

If they say minimum is that then maybe you can run it without any other applications running and windows mode and worst possible settings etc, but i can imagine it'll make the game feel a lot worst having to play such a beautiful and epic game like that.

(600 bucks will probably get you to maximum settings if you build)