Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    - Silent Hill 1-3
    - Might and Magic 1-7
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Chronotrigger, Secret of Mana, FFIV, and the Baldur's Gate series have great stories.

Final Fantasy VI (III in US)
    Recently - Bastion

Portal and Portal 2 both have good story as well..

Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment...

there are many good stories in games
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Bioshock series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vileplague View Post
    All these amazing games and no one mentions Skyrim ?
    It didn't really have that great a story to be honest. Great game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    for like 80% of the game...

The ending is just... oh god why did they ruin that game? ;(
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deus Ex 1
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    System Shock 2
    Mass Effect 1 (2 seems kinda generic and bland to me :/ )
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    for like 80% of the game...

The ending is just... oh god why did they ruin that game? ;(

Sounds like Mass Effect.
    They copied the ending from Human Revolutions, except they had no clue as to how to work it in.
    Ah HR.. awesome game.

Deleted
    Alice Madness Returns
    Golden Sun 1 <-- GBA
    Golden Sun 2 <-- GBA
    Golden Sun 3 <-- DS

Golden Sun blew me away storywise. Took them 4 years to create part 3 and there has to be a part 4 !

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    SotC doesn't really have a story. >_>
    -_- I can't even....what...no story..?

OT now : How as ths thread gone for so long and no one mention Heavy Rain? Its one of the very few games where I had to get up and walk around for a bit thinking about the decision posted on the screen. I agonized over a few of those.
    Last edited by Tornath; 2012-04-11 at 01:34 PM.

Halo
    Half Life (If you don't mind raging because Valve will never release Half Life 3)
    Mass Effect
    Warcraft
    Assassin's Creed
    The Elder Scrolls
    Portal

Deleted
    Eternal Darkness (formerly on the gamecube) was good in places. Majora's Mask isn't perfect, but quite a lot of the fan speculation and theories about the significance behind the symbolism is surprisingly convincing and interesting, and the side stories give it added richness.

Deleted
    Gothic I & II
    Assassins Creed 2 + addons
    Masseffect 1-3

Max Payne 1+2
    Alan Wake

when I think of a good story, my first thought is always for Neverwinter Nights
    Warcraft story is huge and so long, you can't not admiring it, but it's developed in 4 different games and their expansions so they don't fit in this thread, I guess

Basically all of the old Sierra/Lucasarts adventure games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    It didn't really have that great a story to be honest. Great game though.
    Skyrim's story isn't great on its own, it's only great when taken in context with the rest of the lore, as Skyrim really isn't a self contained story. Now that the prophecy has been fullfilled after 5 whole games, the purpose of existence will finally be revealed. All of creation has led up to Alduin's defeat, anything after that is an unknown.

My bet is the prophecy is in some way meant to resolve the eternal conflict of Anu and Padomay.

-Final Fantasy 7 (great story and gameplay)
    -Zelda OOT + Zelda WW + Zelda SS (combined they make for a great story and the gameplay is great too)
    -Xenoblade
    -Tales of Symphonia
    -Okami
    -Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (gamecube) Although the story is in the details and you can play the game for days without finishing it, the background stories and setting worked for me (gameplay gets stale quick, but enjoyable with friends although multiplayer is a hassle)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Rule of Rose had a good story line and was an interesting survival horror game same with alan wake
    Persona 4 from then Shin Megumi Tensei series was good as well