Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Disc Priest. Brostorm. Game. Set. Match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    There is magic, but then there is childish farfetched magic that is usually introduced in fantasy games. All I was trying to prove is that technology and science is very similar.

Read my post I had posted before this one.
    No I'd agree they are similar. In fact i posit that should magic be discovered in our world it would become just another branch for study like physics or medicinal medicine. However i am also saying that compared to that especially combined with tech and the gods only know how many crazy creatures that can survive things that would spell certain destruction/death for ANY known machine let alone living things that marines wouldn't be able to win. Do damage hell yeah deal a shit ton of damage oh hell yes get close to winning? Maybe but a full on war would be close but i just see azeroth with the advantage in the end simply because they're magic and tech combined equate to ALOT of things we're still questioning if even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    We can revive the fallen, though. Magic is very similar, if not the same as technology.The concept of flying back then was considered magic, nevermind flying a high speed and altitudes.
    No, we can't. Once somebody is dead, he stays that way indefinitely. We can bring people back from being very close to death, but that's not the same. On Azeroth, they can actually get the dead to stand back up and hit you over the head. Repeatedly, if necessary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, we can't. Once somebody is dead, he stays that way indefinitely. We can bring people back from being very close to death, but that's not the same. On Azeroth, they can actually get the dead to stand back up and hit you over the head. Repeatedly, if necessary.
    Please provide a single NPC non encounter example of resurrection that is not necromancy
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Please provide a single NPC non encounter example of resurrection that is not necromancy
    Cenarius. He was quite dead. Well physically. Soul outside the body and all that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Cenarius. He was quite dead. Well physically. Soul outside the body and all that.
    So a GOD was resurrected

That's your example? really?

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 06:44 PM ----------

by that logic the marines can resurrect because Jesus apparently did

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a GOD was resurrected

That's your example? really?
    He is NOT a god. In fact he's not even a first generation demigod let alone the child of two demigods. So even Heracles is closer to a god than Cenarius lineage wise. And it seems that it IS possible for non necromancy ressurection just nigh impossible so not done often.

15+ Year Old Account
    He is NOT a god. In fact he's not even a first generation demigod let alone the child of two demigods. So even Heracles is closer to a god than Cenarius lineage wise. And it seems that it IS possible for non necromancy ressurection just nigh impossible so not done often.
    Demigod.

Also

Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: I... I feel... I feel the touch of Elune upon my being once more... She smiles upon me... Yes... I...
    Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream is wholly consumed by the Light of Elune. Tranquility sets in over the Moonglade. (server-wide emote)
    Tyrande falls to one knee.
    Tyrande yells: Praise be to Elune... Eranikus is redeemed.
    Eranikus the Redeemed says: For so long, I was lost... The Nightmare's corruption had consumed me... And now, you... all of you.. you have saved me. Released me from its grasp.
    Eranikus the Redeemed says: But... Malfurion, Cenarius, Ysera... They still fight. They need me. I must return to the Dream at once.

From the AQ gate chain, he wasn't dead. His physical body was slain, but not Cenarius because he is a god

Where did i say resurrecting? They can get them to stand back up. I didn't say they'd be "alive", afterwards.

Aside from that, the vanilla paladin quest for your ressurection spell actually required you to bring an NPC back to life.
    As far as can be told, not all deaths can be reversed in this way(especially not those that weren't due to an outside force. If your heart just gave out due to age, it doesn't get younger through ressurection and at best, you'll just die again shortly after), and people are likely understating the cost it has, but it isn't impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demigod.

Also

Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream yells: I... I feel... I feel the touch of Elune upon my being once more... She smiles upon me... Yes... I...
    Eranikus, Tyrant of the Dream is wholly consumed by the Light of Elune. Tranquility sets in over the Moonglade. (server-wide emote)
    Tyrande falls to one knee.
    Tyrande yells: Praise be to Elune... Eranikus is redeemed.
    Eranikus the Redeemed says: For so long, I was lost... The Nightmare's corruption had consumed me... And now, you... all of you.. you have saved me. Released me from its grasp.
    Eranikus the Redeemed says: But... Malfurion, Cenarius, Ysera... They still fight. They need me. I must return to the Dream at once.

From the AQ gate chain, he wasn't dead. His physical body was slain, but not Cenarius because he is a god
    When did i say his SOUL hadn't stayed alive? He WAS killed however. Dead as a doornail i fact. Just that his soul lived. Also again he is NOT a god. He is the child of Malorne a DEMIGOD and Ysera. Thus NOT a god.

15+ Year Old Account
    When did i say his SOUL hadn't stayed alive? He WAS killed however. Dead as a doornail i fact. Just that his soul lived. Also again he is NOT a god. He is the child of Malorne a DEMIGOD and Ysera. Thus NOT a god.
    He is the son of Malorne and Elune, not Ysera.

If his soul is still there, and he is able to return, then he is not dead is he? Not to mention nobody resurrected Cenarius, he just came back.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 07:00 PM ----------

Where did i say resurrecting? They can get them to stand back up. I didn't say they'd be "alive", afterwards.

Aside from that, the vanilla paladin quest for your ressurection spell actually required you to bring an NPC back to life.
    As far as can be told, not all deaths can be reversed in this way(especially not those that weren't due to an outside force. If your heart just gave out due to age, it doesn't get younger through ressurection and at best, you'll just die again shortly after), and people are likely understating the cost it has, but it isn't impossible.
    An Alliance army is not going to have necromancers, so they only way they have to make a dead man stand is resurrection, which no character in the Lore has ever been able to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is the son of Malorne and Elune, not Ysera.

If his soul is still there, and he is able to return, then he is not dead is he? Not to mention nobody resurrected Cenarius, he just came back.

"Cenarius is not dead he just went home" mentality eh? No and it was at least suggested in that past that Ysera was his mother.

And yes he WAS dead or he could have just come back right away and WOULD HAVE. He needed a body to do so and the body WAS dead. A soul does not a life make.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Cenarius is not dead he just went home" mentality eh? No and it was at least suggested in that past that Ysera was his mother.

And yes he WAS dead or he could have just come back right away and WOULD HAVE. He needed a body to do so and the body WAS dead. A soul does not a life make.
    Because the Emerald Nightmare clearly had nothing to do with anything right? Ysera was effectively trapped in there for years as well.
    Ysera was never suggested to be his mother, she raised him but mom has always been Elune.
    And I take it you would call Kil'jaeden dead as well? And Sargeras?

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 07:12 PM ----------

Not to mention, Cenarius is still not evidence of being ressurected by anyone. He did just come back. Nobody did anything to revive him, they opened a portal and he walked through

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I say Alliance > Marines...

I always considered ressurection (including soulstones/ankhing) to be gameplay mechanic. Cenarius is an exception, not the rule. He's more like force of a nature, not your average "normal" guy. Demigods don't follow nearly the same rules as mortals do. It's pretty similar to demons - killing a Dread Lord doesn't really get rid of him, just ask Balnazaar. This isn't something that's happening normally to common people. If it did, no one important would ever die - all you'd have to is drag the corpse of your "insert hero name" back to friendly healer and res him. Didn't happen.

Hell, take Kel'thuzad. One single necromancer, yet ressing him required invading elven lands and draining Sunwell. Granted, it did turn him into a Lich, so that required a bit more "power" than "normal" ressurection, but still - a ton of work, just to raise one single person. No wonder that lorewise, dead people stay dead.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-04-11 at 02:32 AM.

Nope. I have seen it with my very own eyes. Yes, they have to be dead for maximum 2 minutes in order to revive them, but they WERE dead.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

You're not yet dead at that point. Only some vital processes stopped that can be restarted. Once you're dead, you stay that way, permanently, because vital parts are irreparably damaged.

Based on the severe limitations (seriously, you basically took away every single thing that makes them a modern fighting force except their bloody guns) placed on the Marines I'd vote Alliance on this one.

But I LOLOLOLOLOL at anyone saying the Alliance would be able to stop any modern, Western army. I'd use the US as a standard, but I have the utmost faith in any of the top tier militaries of NATO to roflstomp the Alliance in a war.

It's simply a game of numbers. 5000 vs 100, 5000 wins. Especially when you added in that the Alliance 5k would have mages and healers. I don't care how good those 100 Marines are, this ain't the Battle of Thermopye (sp?) the Spartans fought.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i FINALLY got ahold of my friend who is both a warcraft nut(RTS days) AND a Marine nut(his dream was to join the marines) and to top it all off thanks to his dad being a retired high ranking officer at our local Air base also has a better grasp than most on the capabilities and limits of weapons. Welllll he sees the removal of airstrikes as causing a loss. BUT he also sees two EQUAL forces or even interplanetary war being a toss up. Yes even with say a nuke being used a tossup.

So i still say alliance in borg scenarios just that in scenario 2 it would be just barely.

in an invasion we would roflstomp azeroth. the US military ALONE is in fact, larger than the entire civilian and military population of the horde and alliance COMBINED by a ration of over 2 to one.