Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'll probably end up collecting them all anyway, but the Black Jeweled one doesn't stand out all that much for a mount that requires the other four combined. The other regular ones are a lot more striking. The most common one will definitely be red, as people seem to love red cars irl and red mounts in wow (ie: aq bug)

Love the look of these mounts can't wait to get them

100k a mount ? 500k in total for the Onyx one ? really ? not going to happen... I only know one man who has over 500k (3 million in total... but he's a crazy auction house artist). Apart from this one, no one I know could get even one of this mounts (or they'll have to spend literally all of their gold ^^)

If there isnt a dynamic reward available for your class from a quest do you get to choose which one to vendor? Or do you get nothing or just some random one of the rewards?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    100k a mount ? 500k in total for the Onyx one ? really ? not going to happen... I only know one man who has over 500k (3 million in total... but he's a crazy auction house artist). Apart from this one, no one I know could get even one of this mounts (or they'll have to spend literally all of their gold ^^)
    In vanilla 1000 gold was a monster amount. In wrath, 15000 was a huge amount. In Cata, people walk around with 100k+ (Apart from those people like me who suck with gold). 500k in MoP seems about right

Yay. Power Rangers mounts!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    That's assuming Cataclysm level gold standards, maybe the monetary rewards for Mists of Pandaria will be hugely increased, effectively making 100k gold less of a problem. Still sounds like a ton of money though...

Also.. Boub, is there any way you can make a link to the quests in this news post, rather than a big table? I don't know if it was the reason why, but whenever I go to the main page of the site it takes a little longer to load than normal It's not drastic, so I can easily live with it until this news item gets pushed back to the 2nd page and onwards, but I thought I'd ask anyways

Don't forget on the JC mounts I'm sure you will want them 4 mounts so you will have to make them TWICE to get all 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be excited about these Voltron mounts... but the fear of the price these are going to cost me has me weary of any celebration.

Feh.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Fair? How's this fair? They destroy our whole town and we only take out some post? No way. Either we wipe out few smaller orc bases around the world (and no, taking ashenvale back won't count because it's just that -- taking back, when horde is progresses), or we destroy some of thier huge base also.
    Where does the Horde have a huge base ? The Feralas base is as huge as it gets in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    I wonder what the scenario for Alliance will be? I mean, the result will be the same for both sides: Theramore will be gone. What would the Alliance scenario be, then... players doing things that will amount to futility (a risky sell), or will they be off doing something unrelated to Theramore (Siege of Stonard, perhaps)?
    Possibly something like extracting Jaina before Theramore falls?

Horde owns Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Where does the Horde have a huge base ? The Feralas base is as huge as it gets in Azeroth.
    We can all /cry a lot, but it will not change a (by then) historical fact: Theramore gets destroyed by the Horde. My criticism is about how it is put into game play. Level 85: Horde players take part in the event (daily quests?) of destroying Theramore. Alliance players: Looking dumbfounded. Level 90: Horde players, having witnessed the madness that is Garrosh throughout all their levelling experience, finally have enough and gather a raid to bring him down. Alliance players: The Horde allows you to help them bringing down Garrosh, they wanted him dead anyway.

Half (if not more) of the WOW playerbase will be sidelined as far as involvement of the main story plot goes. Nevermind "fair or not" - that's just bad business. I am playing Alliance side. I want to feel PROUD of what my faction is doing and achieving. MY world got invaded by Horde 7 years ago (WOW Vanilla) and since then Alliance has been constantly on the retreat. Every now and then a major "I destroy the world"-threat appeared (Burning Legion, Lich King, Deathwing) and it was thanks to the invaders (Horde) that their plan got thwarted finally. Only: We keep losing, inch by inch the world we love.

How can any alliance player feel like a HERO about that?

The solution to this dilemma would be that there are Horde achievements (like Theramore now) and there are Alliance achievements, progresses elsewhere - maybe not even "retaking" something, maybe in a completely different way (cultural advancements, for example). NONE of this can be found in WOW as it is today or will be tomorrow.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Possibly something like extracting Jaina before Theramore falls?
    mages can teleport and it will rub alliance ppl the wrong way if the horde get this questline to conquer theramore and alliance....rescue the most powerful mage alive?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

So based on the info presented it seems the Horde isn't just assaulting Theramore, they're blockading and attempting to conquer all Kalimdor in one swift stroke! That grinds my gears. Hope the reason Theramore's destroyed is all available manpower is pushing back on all the other fronts. That wouldn't be wouldn't be great for the Alliance, but it could neuter the Horde down to a pyrrhic victory, and that would be just barely enough in my book.

Heh, now that I think of it, that would be the most satifying outcome possible for the Alliance in this situation. Garrosh throws everything at us, going after an entire continent, and only succeeds in destroying one (albeit large and important) base, losing who knows how many resources in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, REALLY hope those mounts are bind on use.... my alt jc dk would love to offer one of those to the big brother warlock :P

anyone else thinking HE-MAN when looking at the emerald panther?

Deleted
    Lol, these mount's remind me of some sort of power rangers, now we just need gnomes with matching armor riding them.

Deleted
    Voltron anyone ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the price to make all these mounts, I might just keep the four that are required to make the Onyx one. Seems silly to have to make these twice in order to get all five. Especially since these four look WAY better than the black one anyways.