Could use feedback on this build

Hey!

I'm going to buy a new computer in like a month or something to be ready for Diablo 3, MoP, CS:GO and such. I also plan on using it for video editing in Sony Vegas and After Effects so I want enough RAM. My current computer is around 3 years old, so I feel like getting a new one!
    I don't have a tight budget or anything like that. I could use 4k if I wanted to, but ofcourse I don't. I still want it at as cheap as possible while still maintaining high performance, durability and stability.

The build looks like this:

CPU: Intel i7 2700K @ 3.50GHz
    GFX: Gainward GeForce GTX 680
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
    PSU: Corsair TX V2 750W
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    SSD: Corsair Force Series 3, 120GB
    Chassis: Corsair Graphite 600T White
    Cooling: Corsair H80 Hydro Series

NOTE: I'm gonna wait at least one month more, so the Ivy Bridge have most likely been released, reducing the prices, yes I've got that in mind

Now. I'm not a completely expert on this, but i know a bit about it and I've talked with a few mates who know quite enough about this, and we concluded that this would be a good and solid gaming/video-editing/typical daily use computer.
    The only thing I'm not quite sure about is the motherboard. Would it work well with the other parts?

And I realize that the i5 2500k would be better for gaming, cause of the hyperthreading stuff, but since I don't plan on building a gaming-only-rig I want a little bit "newer" and better overall CPU.

Any kind of feedback is welcome!

Thanks
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Go with a new ASUS Z77 board. The AX750 is a nice PSU if you want to spend that much. Don't skimp on the drive, go Western Digital. The 2600k will overclock just as much as the 2700k will.

Oh yeah, i forgot to add. I'm going to overclock of course, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the quick response. Ill take a look at it and talk with my mates about it .

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 11:21 AM ----------

Regarding the chassis. I just want to ask if anyone has it, and knows if a Corsair H100 Radiator can fit into it? I'm talking either at the top replacing the 200mm fan thats already there or removing the lower drive bays and have the radiator standing there with some kind of custom made bracket or have it laying down in the bottom. Just if anyone knows anything about it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 12:43 PM ----------

chaud, would a Western Digital Caviar® Green 2TB be a better choice than the Seagate one?
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Deleted
    HDD: Stick to a 7200RPM HDD. Honestly the best price is probably your Seagate drive, you can get a WD Black 1.5TB (1025 DKK) for an extra 145
    SSD: The little bit extra cost is worth the reliability in my opinion Crucial m4 128GB - 1073 DKK
    MB: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - 1025 DKK || Specs , should have all you need/want

Yes H100 will fit in that case:

Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-04-10 at 03:35 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakatoss View Post
    -snip-

The build looks like this:

CPU: Intel i7 2700K @ 3.50GHz
    GFX: Gainward GeForce GTX 680
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
    PSU: Corsair TX V2 750W
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    SSD: Corsair Force Series 3, 120GB
    Chassis: Corsair Graphite 600T White
    Cooling: Corsair H80 Hydro Series
    -snip-
    CPU: Intel i7 2700K @ 3.50GHz, I guess it will suit your needs, but could also drop down to 2600K as said above.
    GFX: Gainward GeForce GTX 680, I wont complain, best card on the market so far according to all the tests I've seen. Tho i dont know much about Gainward. I have only gone for KFA2 and Gigabyte with my graphic cards.
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB, Good Choice!
    Motherboard: Go for a Z77 motherboard, it will pay off in the long-run.
    PSU: Corsair TX V2 750W, Good enough, i think. I leave this to other posters.
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, If you need the storage, then go ahead.
    SSD: Corsair Force Series 3, 120GB, Using this one myself, working really good. But i guess there are better ones out now.
    Chassis: Corsair Graphite 600T White, using this case myself, and i just love it!
    Cooling: Corsair H80 Hydro Series, get the H100 if going for the 600T.
    Im using the 600T + H100 myself, only that my motherboard and ram sticks (even tho low profile) wont allow me to use push/pull, so I'm forced to have it pulling out air. But it still works really nice.

Thanks for the replies guys! Appreciated!

I looked it through and discussed a bit with my friends. We ended up agreeing that a different HDD would be ideal and I ended up choosing the one you linked Notarget. As for the motherboard I'm definitely gonna pick a ASRock mobo! Way cheaper and still very good and high performance compared to the mainstream boards! From the review i read the Extreme4 is really great, so imma stick with it
    I also decided to get a H100 afterall, since it fits the chassis.

Thanks alot!
    Rig:

Deleted
    You're welcome...

I'm not trying to talk you out of getting the H100, (780 DKK), it definitely looks nice with your choice of case and it performs well. However performance wise you pay a nice premium compared to the Noctua NH-D14 (537 DKK). Though overall it might be a small part with a budget like yours, just wanted to mention the option.

Yeah I've thought about that also. But basically I just want liquid cooling because I can and it's ideal for oc'ing. And I already got a Prolimatech Genesis (with 2x Thermalright TY-140 fans) on my current CPU, and it take up so damn much space in the middle of the chassis and I'm just not a fan of it. But ofcourse the Genesis is also abnormally huge, so of course it takes up space, but other air coolers still take up quite a lot of space.
    Rig: