How to prepare for THE END!!!

So you've found the stronghold and you're just about to enter, but WAIT! Before you hop in that dark dangerous portal of death, think. Do you have all you need? Here is my list of items neccesary to defeating the Ender Dragon! If not prepared, i suggest making some sort of landmark to remind you where the End Portal is.

#1: Weaponry:
    Wooden crap won't save you now! Make sure your equipped with a Diamond Sword, and make sure it has a good Enchant, such as the Infinity one. Bows are a must in The End, for they deal quite a lot of damage, and the Dragon can, well, fly, so you can get in a couple hits whilest he's flying. Plus, Long Range crystal attacks are great, due to the explosion they make. Don't forget to have a least 1 stack of Arrows, and make every single one count! If an enderman attacks, don't use arrows. Save them for the Dragon.

#2: Armory:
    Diamond Gear is also neccesary to defeating the Dragon! Optional, but if you want to keep Endermen from attacking whilst on the ground, equip a Pumpkin so they won't bother you, and you'll get around quickly.

#3: Food:
    This is going to take a long time! Make sure you're all stocked up on Food, because your hunger bar might go down like a rocket while fighting! Also, make sure you have Apples. They can heal you during the fight.

#4: Inventory:
    There are giant crystals healing the Dragon, but how on earth are you going to get up there? Ladders. Lots and lots of ladders. Use the ladders to climb up the Obsidian towers, and stand back, because that crystals gonna blow up like firecrackers!

Now you are all prepared! Good luck out there, and be sure to always keep a good supply of arrows!
    Last edited by The Devious Chicken; 2012-04-12 at 02:29 PM.
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:
    Italics = What he's doing currently.
    Non-italics with Quotes = Talking
    Non-Italics without Quotes = Thinking |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletCrusader12 View Post
    fireworks on the Fourth of July!
    Thanks for the tip, but really, it's not an American only forum, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by winkies View Post
    Changed it, hope that helps.
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:

Quote Originally Posted by winkies View Post
    Well its just a saying, obviously non-Americans will (mostly) know what it means so it gets the message across.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    To add, get some regeneration potion extended (2 minutes) as it helps a lot especially if you end up getting some endermen on your butt with the dragon.

You'd need more than 1 stack of arrow, I'd end up going with 2-3 stacks with a Power 5 / flame enchant on it just to make it a tad more cheesier and cause the dragon likes to run around like a derp.

If you're good, and you probably should be doing this rather than waste time climbing, shoot the crystals, its really easy.

If you wish, grab some snowman for if the endermen aggro on you, they make nice distraction (despite it being 1-2 hit distraction). I don't know if iron golems do anything to endermen.

Havent been staying upto date with minecraft related stuff, so is this like another "expansion" thing like the nether was?

You will need crap loads of arrows. One stack won't last 1/4 of the fight.
    I would also recommend having a pumpkin instead of a helmet. With a pumpkin equipped, the enndermen won't bother you. But bring a diamond helmet with your other full diamond gear ^^
    Food is important, and Golden apples are awesome. Bring loades of those.
    I would also recommend Potion of Poison and Potion of Weakness. The weakness will help you stay alive while the pioson can be thrown at the dragon so he is damaged while out of your reach. (the Potion of Poison must be upgraded to Splash if you are to throw it.)
    Have fun
    Haven't beaten him either ^^

I would suggest getting the enchant "Infinity" in your bow. It makes it so you only need 1 arrow to shoot.
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2012-04-11 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Havent been staying upto date with minecraft related stuff, so is this like another "expansion" thing like the nether was?
    If you mean if it is useless like nether, one could say that it is just overglorified arena for boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    It's kinda like the, but its just an empty, finite world with Endermen and the Ender Dragon. You find it in randomly placed Strongholds, and you gotta fill in empty sockets in the Portal to complete and enter it. It's called The End for a reason, because its basically the Final Realm, and the Final Challenge.
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:

Try preparing for it on Hardcore mode