Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadowbolt Glyph

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit, i spit coffee all over my keyboard, MoP animations are looking AWESOME so far

That looks awesome.

I need this now.

Looks pretty sweet. Was originally expecting it to be like a Shadowbolt Volley but it seems to only hit 1 target so its for aesthetics only. Prob rock it myself for some added flair.
    Last edited by Belial0787; 2012-03-23 at 10:28 AM.

Meh now i have to go and get some new pants.

This is just too awesome..

Blizz I hate you! You're making me go back to class I already decided to leave behind!!!

OMG......
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial0787 View Post
    Looks pretty sweet. Was originally expecting it to be like a Shadowbolt Volley but it seems to only hit 1 target so its for aesthetics only. Prob rock it myself for some added flair.
    Not just aesthetics. The fun part is that it actually counts for 3 hits. This means stacking trinkets or ones with no-CD procs like CoC have a field day with the glyphed Shadowbolt. I was proccing my CoC trinket every 4-5 seconds yesterday because of the large amount of hits I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Not just aesthetics. The fun part is that it actually counts for 3 hits. This means stacking trinkets or ones with no-CD procs like CoC have a field day with the glyphed Shadowbolt. I was proccing my CoC trinket every 4-5 seconds yesterday because of the large amount of hits I was doing.
    Ahhh ofc didnt think of it in that aspect. Locks just seem to keep getting better and better stuff in this next xpac

It was so awesome I gifed it.

Deleted
    That...Is..Awsome, i just hope that there is a glyph like this for incinerate =D

when do we cast shadowblots now btw?
    Affliction/Destro doesn't use it.
    Demonology spend most time in Meta and then it's changed as well? so it's just a filler spell when you're out of meta? or you still spam it when you;re a demon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Sweet mother of Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    when do we cast shadowblots now btw?
    Affliction/Destro doesn't use it.
    Demonology spend most time in Meta and then it's changed as well? so it's just a filler spell when you're out of meta? or you still spam it when you;re a demon?
    You'll probably spent quite a bit in caster form as Demo. Meta burns through DF fast as almost everything costs DF while in it, even normal spells like Corruption.

Another thing to remember here is that each bolt can crit individually.

I thought it was going to be like the mage glyph for arcane missiles. From what I saw in a video of a mage hitting training dummies in IF, the glyph causes arcane missiles to hit multiple targets if there are multiple targets available.

The SB glyph looks cool for sure, and I understand the math of "each bolt can crit individually" but it seems less exciting if it still only hits one target.

Well, it's a minor. It shouldn't do anything significant that isn't purely visual.

But what Arcane Missile glyph? There aren't any. Are you thinking of Nether Tempest?(Arcane Bombs new name) That causes single missiles to fly around. A lot of them, too, since it ticks every second and can be cast on as many targets as you can reach.

Deleted
    IMHO, this glyph will be interesting in 2 ways :
    - if there are any shadowbolt-based proc, so the glyph might proc from 1 to 3 times from a single cast
    - if there are any encounter specific "per hit" proc/damage (aka madness' spellweave) : 3 procs instead of 1

i would rather have 3x Sb for 1 target cause it makes the amount Sb's x 3.

let's say you have 20% crit. then you expect 20% (none expects higher, but it can be) but we wouldn't find it so nice if it was in reality only 17%. now with increasing your amount of SB's x 3 there's a BIGGER CHANCE that your actual crit % will be closer to 20% (this goes for both the ocassion above & under)

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    I thought it was going to be like the mage glyph for arcane missiles. From what I saw in a video of a mage hitting training dummies in IF, the glyph causes arcane missiles to hit multiple targets if there are multiple targets available.

The SB glyph looks cool for sure, and I understand the math of "each bolt can crit individually" but it seems less exciting if it still only hits one target.
    It's a minor glyph, it is supposed to only be visual/minor out-of-combat convenience thing. This falls obviously under visual and is pretty awesome.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    they removed/lowered the icd of coc? i thought it was ~9s.
    Last edited by mmocd4b9946dea; 2012-03-23 at 02:50 PM.