Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Video game song that makes you go ''woah!''

Simple enough,

list a song found in a video game that gives you THAT chill up your spine. That truly unique song that transcends the game in itself.
    Post only songs coming from video games and tell us why you post it.

I'll start with this one:

I recently started a new game in FFX. The intro song slapped me right in the face. How could I forget such a masterful piece. IMO, probably one of the greatest work of Nobuo Uematsu, music composer for most of Final Fantasy titles.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

Deleted
    I have to say To Zanarkand is one of those song to me, though I prefer the piano version. I've really fallen in love with Mass Effect 3's whole soundtrack but "I Was Lost Without You" is 'the one' song for me. It gives me those chills up and down my spine each time I hear it.

Also "Leliana's Song" from Dragon Age: Origins gives me the chills. The scene is just so beautiful and the song... Just wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAANKFPchtA

There's a ton more, but these were the two I can name right at the top of my head.

Deleted

(Sorry for the stupid version, other ones couldn't be embedded.)
    I don't know why, just great music. If someone would ask me about that soundtrack in the middle of the night I'd still remember it perfectly.

Also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh-I3jG7UUE
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dumZn8MrX6M
    And much of the other music from Blizzard, really awesome. Of course some other games got awesome music too but I'm too lazy to mention everything.
    Last edited by mmoc31699174d3; 2012-04-10 at 07:01 PM.

I was blown away by FF XIII-2. I love Caius as an antagonist (I just can't see him as a villain because his background and motivation make his actions understandable in a way) and his theme is awesome because you can hear his soul in it. The sadness and his endless determination to protect the one thing that means more to him than the whole world.

"Paul van Dyk-Nothing But You" from Need for Speed Underground 2. I've heard it outside of the game, but was surprised to hear Paul, or any real licensed mainstream electronic music for that matter in a video game O_O (Usually liscensed music in a video game is some heavy metal or rap crap from the US.)
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-04-10 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    I absolutely love Fenris' Theme as well. The violins, the singing, the emotion. It just fits the character perfectly and it just sound incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 13hobson View Post
    This is one of the best imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWP0Hzat5QY
    Oooh the bolero!! A classic .

Here's another one for you guys for another great game! (Those who liked the northrend exploration song will probably like this one)

The Best Is Yet to Come - Metal Gear Solid

Such a delicate song, yet powerful.
    Last edited by Furye; 2012-04-10 at 07:11 PM.

Chrono Cross ending song by Yasunori Mitsuda and Noriko Mitose made me shed some tears
    Last edited by anb; 2012-04-10 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furye View Post
    Here's another one for you guys for another great game! (Those who liked the northrend exploration song will probably like this one)

The Best Is Yet to Come - Metal Gear Solid
    [video=youtube;JyE0UabtLn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyE0UabtLn0[video]

Such a delicate song, yet powerful.
    Aaaah, Metal Gear Solid! Absolutely love that series' soundtracks as well. Even though this is actually a composition of the 2/3 themes it's definitely worth tossing here. The main theme is something amazing so twice as much makes twice as awesome, eh? (:

A chill up your spine, you say?

You have to admit, for mario game's usually having more lighthearted tunes, this is pretty epic.

The slow version of Passions by Utada Hikaru from Kingdom Hearts 2, or the Sanctuary version slowed down too. She's flat out phenomenal. Also, To Zanarkand is indeed one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. I can't post because I just made this account, but if you youtube "Utada Hikaru Sanctuary slow english version" it should be the first one.

This song will always have a special place in my heart. I've always been a bit of a music snob, but choral music has a tendency to pull at my heart strings. The harmonies and the absolutely brilliant accompaniment are so fitting to what this song is. It took me completely by surprise. The duet-over-choir sections still send chills up my spine.

I can't post links and such yet, so you'll have to look it up the hard way.

/watch?v=A4Pxc-iW5wM

Deleted
    This one's the last one from me today, I promise. I told you these would keep popping up in my head once I get started. Still staying in the Metal Gear Solid-mood, I give you "Father and Son" from Metal Gear Solid 4. Just wow. It always makes me a bit sobby when I hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    You have to admit, for mario game's usually having more lighthearted tunes, this is pretty epic.
    Who gave a Mario game to have such a badass track? Kind of reminds me of some stuff we did in my high school band, in a very good way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Recently finished Assassin's Creed II.
    Entered The Vault
    This played.
    Mind = blown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    This one's the last one from me today, I promise. I told you these would keep popping up in my head once I get started. Still staying in the Metal Gear Solid-mood, I give you "Father and Son" from Metal Gear Solid 4. Just wow. It always makes me a bit sobby when I hear it.
    Same for me! I'd post an entire playlist but I'll stick to posting one at a time !

This one's a great call to adventure!

Takes everything that is in the game and puts it into one song. It goes to show what a legacy this game has created for itself, and I definately get a chill up my spine everytime I listen to this, I'm getting a quick flashback throughout the whole game. This game is the epithome of epicness.