Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    I understand it's hard for you to grasp but SA is basically our main nuke on beta at this moment. It's what you spend your orbs on, hence it being our main nuke.
    Yes, it currently does bad damage compared to others, but; We build up our shadow orbs with MB, releasing them with SA.
    Our main nuke needs to be powerful to FEEL like a main nuke. You can claim it's not our main nuke all you want, but no matter its damage, it is.

I got more knowledge of this class than you probably have of all classes added together, not to be mean. Seeing you pulling numbers out of nowhere suggests to me that you're the one without a clue. 3-4% from SA isn't even close to what it is on beta, it's actually higher.
    +1

A three orb use doing 20k ish non-crit is rather pathetic, not to mention that to get the most benefit you need to glyph. If it was off the gcd, maybe it wouldn't be better. They should just make it projectiles.
    My priest has been my main since Nov. '04 and at no point have I ever thought that I may want to reroll, even when our dps was just laughable at certain points. Right now on beta the spec is just clunky and needs some changes. I would even be fine if they just left it alone and it played like it does now on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so tired of them neglecting Shadow, I might just roll something else after 5-6 years of playing mine.
    The Shadow Apparitations are the worst though. Like people say, on live where it's a proc we're not really in control of, it's fine. It's something that just happens and we don't care about them being slow cause it's a just a bonus.
    But when we're supposed to use them as our main nuke it's just lack lusting. It's not just a minor bonus anymore, but it still feels like it is.
    First off, I think Solace's posts on the main boards are excellent and I'm in agreement with quite a lot of it.

To reply specifically to Cham: I don't yet buy that SA is our main nuke or even intended to be whether it consumes orbs or not. If so, it will need a pretty sizable buff. I'm wait and see on this.

MB still seems to be our main nuke and MB with Shadow of Death proc from talents is quite good (if highly dependent on RNG). In any case the two things together are pretty interesting.

I'm not really a fan of SA in its/their present form either and would like for Blizzard to pick up the pace for their arrival at target but I think that so far, I like them better as an active thing than being a bonus.

Coming off what I felt was probably the best expansion for shadow priests ever, starting off your comment with you being tired of them neglecting Shadow is odd.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-04-22 at 11:10 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing for me would fix shadow on live, change the apparitions to fast moving projectiles and make them are largest hitting spell. Balance the rest around that. Then I'm happy.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Make Devouring Plague something that we can cast with our Shadow Orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    One thing for me would fix shadow on live, change the apparitions to fast moving projectiles and make them are largest hitting spell. Balance the rest around that. Then I'm happy.
    As I've said before, I think burst might be a concern. So make it an...oh...8s DoT. Which overwrites, not refreshes.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Coming off what I felt was probably the best expansion for shadow priests ever, starting off your comment with you being tired of them neglecting Shadow is odd.
    I should've been more precise on when I thought they were neglecting us; it goes for the beta, not any previous time.

I agree with having them being an active choice is good as well, but the implementation of them isn't.
    If we take into account everything they've changed, it doesn't look good. Our mastery isn't good either, at a certain point spamming SW:P will be better than Mind Flaying.
    That's the kind of thing they can't overlook, but we haven't heard of any changes yet and there's been none for a while now.

I'd be happy with SA being made a missile like ability, with a higher damage output, while reducing some damage on other spells.
    An other way to go could be scaling the SA damage with mastery instead.

One small change I want to throw out here as well, is a longer DoT. On live we got DP and VT which we refresh manually. DP lasting longer gives us a more fluid rotation. With both our current dots being shorter now, it takes away a bit of that. I wish they'd make either SW:P or VT a bit longer, more in line with the live DP (SW:P probably being the more reasonable one with VT returning mana).
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2012-04-24 at 10:14 PM.

They buffed the damage SAs do (according to wowhead) to hit for roughly twice the damage.

And they nerfed the sh!t out of VT.

The DOT nerf is the most troubling thing for me. I'm not really that excited about Shadowy Apparitions being a button we hit in our rotation, but as long as range from the target doesn't make that big of a difference to our DPS (like on live) they won't bother me too much.

I understand why they're nerfing DOTs (DOTs can get out of control in the wrong situation) but these DOTs feel kind of worthless to cast. Yes, maybe they're good for some sort of procs or gaining orbs or something, but putting up a weak debuff so procs can happen is no fun.

I rolled Shadow because it was a DOT class. Maybe they're just basically removing the entire concept of DOT classes as we know it but I'll be shopping around for a new main or a new game if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    They buffed the damage SAs do (according to wowhead) to hit for roughly twice the damage.
    Even with the buff, MB and MF are better uses of the gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    The DOT nerf is the most troubling thing for me. I'm not really that excited about Shadowy Apparitions being a button we hit in our rotation, but as long as range from the target doesn't make that big of a difference to our DPS (like on live) they won't bother me too much.

I understand why they're nerfing DOTs (DOTs can get out of control in the wrong situation) but these DOTs feel kind of worthless to cast. Yes, maybe they're good for some sort of procs or gaining orbs or something, but putting up a weak debuff so procs can happen is no fun.

I rolled Shadow because it was a DOT class. Maybe they're just basically removing the entire concept of DOT classes as we know it but I'll be shopping around for a new main or a new game if that's the case.
    every class had got dot nerfs, Lock dots without haunt are thicking for 3k

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the years under my belt like many of you have. I only know Shadow from patch 3.3 during Wrath. I have heard the tales of being mana batteries, etc.

When Cata came out we quickly dismissed Mind Spike strictly PvP type spell. What was the point of casting somehting that took down all of our DoTs. But as we see now, either by original design unknown to us at the begining or due to feedback through the expansion, we have figured out a way to make it work with the 4pc T13 burst.

Losing DP feels wrong. It has been a go to spell for as long as I have played. Personally if you want to do away with something to make room, lose Mind Vision. Why do we even have that spell. Besides being able to guide someone back to the group that was lost in Razorfen was there ever a good use for it?

All of the new stuff feels less like a DoT class and more of a Control. I had hoped they learned the lesson of mind control from the begining of Cata. We don't particularly like jumping into a creature with no idea what abilities we are going to have, and on top of that making it pissed off at us when we lose the MC. I fought for months to get tanks to let me do MC on fights. By the time we all had the hang of it, and what humanoids could not be controled we out geared the need for it.

I have read the whole post and there are a lot of valid points and observations. A few things are asking a bit much but in general it is spot on. Personally I would like to see MF, MB, and MS get changed to a non facing spell. We can cast all of our other DoT's, even Mind Sear without having to turn around. In the begining raids facing Nef, being able to set focus on the off tank grabbing worms, having them call out they were down, hitting a couple of MS channels, and going right back to Nef without having to move or turn was a blessing. Trying to get of a MB in PvP with other classes running circles around us was a headache.

As for our orbs and Shadow Apparitions I could easily lose the apparitions, I have lost count how many times I had healers in vent yelling for me to move because they saw what looked like me walking through crap. I would like to see the orbs work similar to Cunning of the Cruel, get 1,2, or 3 orbs and fire off a shadow orb volley.

My biggest hope is that we are not a dumping ground for a lot of crazy ideas they may have, and see us end up going Live with a lot of unfinished spells and abilities.

One small change I want to throw out here as well, is a longer DoT. On live we got DP and VT which we refresh manually. DP lasting longer gives us a more fluid rotation. With both our current dots being shorter now, it takes away a bit of that. I wish they'd make either SW:P or VT a bit longer, more in line with the live DP (SW:P probably being the more reasonable one with VT returning mana).
    When you gear up in mop and gain haste our dots will naturally increase in duration, also our 4pc is going to be increasing both duration by 3 seconds each.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    They scale better than spriest DoT's. And we don't have any boosters like other classes do.

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lostforwords View Post
    Make Devouring Plague something that we can cast with our Shadow Orbs.
    Also a decent option. Either a barrage against one target (possibly DoT as I said to avoid spike), DP on one target per orb or psychic horror. There, a nice versatile resource mechanic (single target DPS, multiple target DPS, CC).
    Last edited by Dawn Falcon; 2012-04-27 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Are we moving back into the realm of World of Meleecraft, of did they nerf bleeds, as well?

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marathal View Post
    I don't have the years under my belt like many of you have. I only know Shadow from patch 3.3 during Wrath. I have heard the tales of being mana batteries, etc.

When Cata came out we quickly dismissed Mind Spike strictly PvP type spell. What was the point of casting somehting that took down all of our DoTs. But as we see now, either by original design unknown to us at the begining or due to feedback through the expansion, we have figured out a way to make it work with the 4pc T13 burst.

Losing DP feels wrong. It has been a go to spell for as long as I have played. Personally if you want to do away with something to make room, lose Mind Vision. Why do we even have that spell. Besides being able to guide someone back to the group that was lost in Razorfen was there ever a good use for it?

All of the new stuff feels less like a DoT class and more of a Control. I had hoped they learned the lesson of mind control from the begining of Cata. We don't particularly like jumping into a creature with no idea what abilities we are going to have, and on top of that making it pissed off at us when we lose the MC. I fought for months to get tanks to let me do MC on fights. By the time we all had the hang of it, and what humanoids could not be controled we out geared the need for it.

I have read the whole post and there are a lot of valid points and observations. A few things are asking a bit much but in general it is spot on. Personally I would like to see MF, MB, and MS get changed to a non facing spell. We can cast all of our other DoT's, even Mind Sear without having to turn around. In the begining raids facing Nef, being able to set focus on the off tank grabbing worms, having them call out they were down, hitting a couple of MS channels, and going right back to Nef without having to move or turn was a blessing. Trying to get of a MB in PvP with other classes running circles around us was a headache.

As for our orbs and Shadow Apparitions I could easily lose the apparitions, I have lost count how many times I had healers in vent yelling for me to move because they saw what looked like me walking through crap. I would like to see the orbs work similar to Cunning of the Cruel, get 1,2, or 3 orbs and fire off a shadow orb volley.

My biggest hope is that we are not a dumping ground for a lot of crazy ideas they may have, and see us end up going Live with a lot of unfinished spells and abilities.
    They may as well call it Self Control, because you basically crowd control yourself.

Any new changes rolling out soon? Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    Pretty much.

And they gave Hunters the Ravens. (Why? Er...)
    Because... they're a pet class, ravens are beasts and shadow priests have no affinity with ravens except for one peculiar type of mob in Northrend?

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marathal View Post
    Dude, Mind Vision is awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    never really thought there was a use for it. Was in Halaa earlier with a flagged warlock, that thought he could rez in a building. Used mind vision to see where her was hiding and walked right up behind him. LOL.

Deleted
    Well done to everyone who was vocal! Blizz listens!! Yay!!!!!