Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Hurrah for the bastardisation of yet another word! What you mean is impulsive. Random means something else. Please don't ruin it any further, it's already too late for "sick" and "dumb" and to a certain degree, "rape".

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of "If you call yourself random, chances are you do strange things for attention". Even though it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a sidenote, I had a banana for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Like when I was hungry once and went to this sandwich shop which was still closed and my friends just went with me (they didn't want to buy anything themselves) and I just ran off yelling: I am thirsty, going to get something from the supermarket, see you in a bit! (because I decided/felt on that exact moment I was thirsty)
    Leaving your friends standing there while you "run off" to get something from the store sounds more dickish than "random" but whatever.

I get told I'm random all the time, but i don't think I am. I have a friend, though, who's mind just works differently than everyone else i've ever met. Only mental problem he has is dislexia so I don't how how to explain it. We'll be having a conversation about something, and he'll bust in with a reference to something else that is TOTALLY unrelated to the subject we're discussing. I'll ask him "what the hell made you think of that?" and he'll explain how his mind came to that subject and it'll just confuse the hell out of me even more.

I really wish i could think on an example, cuz this dude's comedy gold. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerys View Post
    Hurrah for the bastardisation of yet another word! What you mean is impulsive. Random means something else. Please don't ruin it any further, it's already too late for "sick" and "dumb" and to a certain degree, "rape".

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of "If you call yourself random, chances are you do strange things for attention". Even though it's true.
    Weird, I thought being impulsive was a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Weird, I thought being impulsive was a bit different.
    Impulsive means you do provoked things on a whim, i.e. you've really wanted to go on a vacation for a while, so you go on one now without any planning.

Random means your whims are not provoked, i.e. you get off of work and decide 'hey, I'm going to Aruba; screw work' even though nothing in particular may have caused you to want to go to Aruba.

Random people tend to be impulsive, but the connection does not work in reverse.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys View Post

Definitions change. Get used to it.