The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Best Buy is not participating in Pre-purchase!

So after going to 3 different Best Buys and calling each and them telling me I could pre purchase the C.E. but they were all wrong and didnt have the codes or any info on the Pre purchase. I just saw a post that Best Buy put out updating that they will do the pre orders, but not the Pre Purchase of all the editions.

That's ok though because I just picked up my Collector's Edition from Gamestop in my area!!!!! First CE I have ever bought!!

Just thought I would post this, not sure if it is known. If it is delete this!

I was wondering when somebody was going to make a thread on this (I don't like making threads). Kinda ridiculous that they waited until the day of the pre purchase to clear this up.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/PC-Gami.../497495/page/2

link to the post for those wanting confirmation
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I was wondering when somebody was going to make a thread on this (I don't like making threads). Kinda ridiculous that they waited until the day of the pre purchase to clear this up.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/PC-Gami.../497495/page/2

link to the post for those wanting confirmation
    Why is it that 1 hour ago ArenaNet tweeted that Best Buy will be participating but 3 hours ago Best Buy is claiming they aren't?

I stand corrected or maybe I don't. I'm confused lol
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... Odd. I see all the sides, but even after reading I am skeptical about it now. After the runaround I recieved today, and still being informed that Pre order would be the only option by tomorrow or friday, but I could pay as much as I wanted. So who knows, I know I have my stuff from Gamestop now and that makes me feel better.

This shouldn't have happened though.... The Best Buys in my area, and the Main Best Buy when I called were completely in the Dark about the Pre Purchase program. Shame...

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I stand corrected or maybe I don't. I'm confused lol
    Clusterfuck

On their offical list of pre purchase sites for the US three where listed gamestop, best buy, and I forget the third BUT and the main key here is only gamestop was listed as having the pre purchase for collectors editions, Best Buy on the other hand was only "marked" as having regular editions. That's probably where all the confusion of if they where doing it or not came from.... Maybe they changed that... yes after looking at the list it has been updated to having collectors editions, but the list did not mark them as having collectors up until some time yesterday because I know I double checked it when I got home at 1am from work yesterday and the only US store listed for CE was Gamestop which is why I didn't even think twice about not buying the CE because I refuse to spend a dime at any of the Gamestops near me with the crap they pull all the time, it may just be local management but the ones near me do a lot of shady buisness and their employees are told to lie to the customers to get a sale that would otherwise not happen, but again that may just be the local managment of the ones near me. Had I seen the list updated I may have thought about it, but oh well I doubt I would have anyways.

But yeah that was what was probably causing the confusion between Best Buy and pre purchases today (well yesterday now) since they where not on the list of authorized pre purchase sites of CE only regular.

http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/p...50712830704209

We've got an update on Best Buy's status for Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase: Best Buy Canada is doing Pre-Purchase for the CE through their website. Aside from that they only have pre-order. Best Buy US is doing Pre-Purchase of the Standard Edition (Digital) and Digital Deluxe via their website only. There is no Pre-Purchase for the CE. ~RB2