Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    His post was 5 days ago so this Friday was still a possibility, but now that it's only a few days away I'd say it's unlikely. I'm giving it 1 more day before I lose all hope for this weekend though.

Yeah, but then again the client is like 11gb so we could still make it =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    His post was 5 days ago so this Friday was still a possibility, but now that it's only a few days away I'd say it's unlikely. I'm giving it 1 more day before I lose all hope for this weekend though.
    aww you poped my bubble but yup either or its just over a week away at the most :P

I'm annoyed at the lack information on the BWE.

https://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/st...05508143726593 newest tweet regarding BWE's, in my eyes makes it even less likely that the BWE will be starting this friday :/

If you don't get e-mail with the download link by Thursday.. Don't expect beta weekend to be this week. But seriously.. Why can't they just give us a yes or no answer. Will it be this week? No.. How hard is that? They're keeping us in the dark and it's annoying me greatly.

Deleted
    The stress test last week may be an indication of them not being prepared. Perhaps they are hoping to be "finished" by the 20th but arent sure so they cant announce it.

Purely speculation ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    If you don't get e-mail with the download link by Thursday.. Don't expect beta weekend to be this week. But seriously.. Why can't they just give us a yes or no answer. Will it be this week? No.. How hard is that? They're keeping us in the dark and it's annoying me greatly.
    It's called a hype machine and it helps sell games.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    [...] But seriously.. Why can't they just give us a yes or no answer. Will it be this week? No.. How hard is that? They're keeping us in the dark and it's annoying me greatly.
    I'm guessing it's because they're still trying to figure out how to send emails to those with @ncsoft accounts, since cutting those people off from their advertised beta access might piss them off a bit.

What I'm more interested in is why the hell they did not foresee the email problems with that shitty ncsoft account and their bright ideas... did they really not think of it before making the registration process require an email as an account name? Did they really expect all gw1 players that want to link their accounts to have made them years and years ago when players could use their normal emails? ... ... ... ah screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    I'm guessing it's because they're still trying to figure out how to send emails to those with @ncsoft accounts, since cutting those people off from their advertised beta access might piss them off a bit.

What I'm more interested in is why the hell they did not foresee the email problems with that shitty ncsoft account and their bright ideas... did they really not think of it before making the registration process require an email as an account name? Did they really expect all gw1 players that want to link their accounts to have made them years and years ago when players could use their normal emails? ... ... ... ah screw it.
    When you registered they asked you if you had another email you would like to be contacted with. My old hotmail account that is linked to gw isn't getting emails from anet, the new one I put in during registration is.

I can't get the verify my email address email, but they sent me the thanks for registering email, so they can definitely send emails to the correct email and not just the @ncsoft accounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    It wasn't but it's most likely the date since the 27th (the last weekend of April) is GW1's 7th anniversary and ANet have said they didn't want to make it about GW2. Also, a few online stores have said that the first BWE is scheduled for April 20th.
    I know your post is quite old Zerdus (couldn't find what thread it was in till today) but you have a source of this statement from ANet?A twitter or something should be enough for me.Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    I know your post is quite old Zerdus (couldn't find what thread it was in till today) but you have a source of this statement from ANet?A twitter or something should be enough for me.Cheers.
    Sorry, but as I said earlier I couldn't find the source, but I do remember reading it in an official interview or statement by ANet.

But now, the BWE will most likely be on the 27th because ANet are of course running into some problems.

I guess GW1's last anniversary as "the" Guild Wars game will quite a shitty one since it will be overshadowed by the BWE.

I don't play GW and never have, but I'd like to hear how those who were looking forward to playing GW on its anniversary feel now that the weekend of it will be about GW2.

Problems? what do you know we dont know Zerdus?

A tweet from Anet:
    To dispel a rather odd rumour, there is no stress test this coming Friday (20th) for #GW2 ^AT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    Problems? what do you know we dont know Zerdus?

A tweet from Anet:
    To dispel a rather odd rumour, there is no stress test this coming Friday (20th) for #GW2 ^AT
    my reaction:

Beta is not the same as a stress test. ANet stated that very clearly this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Beta is not the same as a stress test. ANet stated that very clearly this weekend.
    True, however this is the first time me hearing about rumors of a "stress test" I know there was speculation of BWE though. They also clearly stated the first BWE would be at the end of April which technically starts on the 27th.

2 more days to go till we know for sure.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    True, however this is the first time me hearing about rumors of a "stress test" I know there was speculation of BWE though. They also clearly stated the first BWE would be at the end of April which technically starts on the 27th.

I don't think we will have a beta this weekend so I'm not surprised, and if we don't hear anything tomorrow there won't be a beta this weekend. I'm pretty sure about that. I can't remember when the other beta weekends were announced but I'm almost sure it were on Wednesdays.

i didnt knew about a rumour saying stress test, but thats what the tweet said and i just shared it. and its a +1 for beta this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

The rumors are because someone on reddit made a photoshopped pic saying there was a stress test this friday for 6 hours, just like last weeks stress test.

Before you click this pic remember that it is photoshopped, and there will be no stress test as Anet has stated.