Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    Gain weight? Part of her duties as a good wife is to try her best to maintain a good figure.
    Ahaha, 'duties'? Really? I suppose those also include doing the housework and bringing up the kids? Now i'm really out before this gets too ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    There's no point. 50 percent of marriages end in divorce, but someone like him is always going to assume it's based on the disfigured solder's face and not his personality. Perhaps HE couldn't deal with being disfigured and took it out on her / refused to get help to cope etc. There are always other factors here. You can't explain that to someone who only sees beauty as skin deep.
    Ha, sure whatever.

How're the clouds?

I'm marrying my high school sweetheart, been together many years. She's the only woman I've ever been with, has seen me through many ordeals in my life, as have I for her.

She's damn gorgeous to boot. If you can initiate relationships on personality, more power to you. I initiate based on appearance.

Deleted
    I like woman with an extra curve here and there. Ofc i don't like woman who are clearly obese but i also dislike deeply to touch "bone" in a woman's body.

I also find 9 out of 10 fashion models physicaly unnatractive (those skinny gals walking in fashion shows).

Quote Originally Posted by Chockolate View Post
    It's not the media.

It's genetics and the fact that we want to partner with the fittest people in order to 'survive'. It's how evolution works.
    Being stick thin is not even close to being fittest for survival. At all.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Women can age beautifully. When a man falls in love with a woman who later bears him children, he will always see her as the woman he originally fell in love with, as long as she continues to be a good woman, but good looking no longer. Men are adapted to women who age terribly, get pregnant, have accidents. Indeed, women have never aged so well as they do now.

Gain weight? Part of her duties as a good wife is to try her best to maintain a good figure. Men appreciate effort. Truly, we do. We understand when you can't get those last 10 pounds off. But 100lbs? Pregnant women only gain ~30lb . . .
    Probably one of the most sexist things I have ever read. Congrats on that.
    The only reason why women are 'aging better' is because of the amount of plastic surgery and botox that is used. I hope you don't expect your aging wife to shove needles in her face to 'age beautifully'. Or is that one of her 'duties' as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    You're an army chap, or so your avatar suggests, so i'd respond quite aptly with this.

If you already have a bond with someone, you know eachother for a long time and have a lot of experiences with eachother etc. it's quite different than not knowing a person.
    You think she would marry him after he got injured? Maybe. Chances are much lower than before his injuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Women can age beautifully. When a man falls in love with a woman who later bears him children, he will always see her as the woman he originally fell in love with, as long as she continues to be a good woman, but good looking no longer. Men are adapted to women who age terribly, get pregnant, have accidents. Indeed, women have never aged so well as they do now.

Gain weight? Part of her duties as a good wife is to try her best to maintain a good figure. Men appreciate effort. Truly, we do. We understand when you can't get those last 10 pounds off. But 100lbs? Pregnant women only gain ~30lb . . .
    OMG that last comment was just WOW. But yeah if a woman gains weight why si ti her DUTY to lose it? I mean really man really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    OMG that last comment was just WOW. But yeah if a woman gains weight why si ti her DUTY to lose it? I mean really man really.
    I'm fairly sure he's baiting people.

Nobody is that stupid...

Deleted
    Probably one of the most sexist things I have ever read. Congrats on that.
    While you probably consider me sexist I'd have to say I agree with vetinari but I also believe that a husband should stay in shape not just for his own sake but also for his wife's sake.

The only reason why women are 'aging better' is because of the amount of plastic surgery and botox that is used. I hope you don't expect your aging wife to shove needles in her face to 'age beautifully'. Or is that one of her 'duties' as well?
    Lifestyle plays a big part.

Why do you think the 30-35-year-old single moms who party every weekend and work stressful menial jobs look like they're 45+? Lifestyle…

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Ahaha, 'duties'? Really? I suppose those also include doing the housework and bringing up the kids? Now i'm really out before this gets too ridiculous.

Yes, duties.

People have duties. Men and women both.

Men: work hard, support your family. Be there for your children and your wife. Keep your wife happy.
    Women: look after your family. Be there for your children and for your husband. Keep your husband happy.

Is there something wrong with me for think that men and women should put effort into their relationships? Keeping a marriage going is hard fucking work. Fun sometimes, a pain in the ass at others, but rewarding. You don't put the effort it, you don't do the right things, and you'll be part of that 50% statistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only person you should be trying to please when it comes to your own body is YOU.

Deleted
    Yes, duties.

People have duties. Men and women both.

Men: work hard, support your family. Be there for your children and your wife. Keep your wife happy.
    Women: look after your family. Be there for your children and for your husband. Keep your husband happy.

Is there something wrong with me for think that men and women should put effort into their relationships? Keeping a marriage going is hard fucking work. Fun sometimes, a pain in the ass at others, but rewarding. You don't put the effort it, you don't do the right things, and you'll be part of that 50% statistic.
    Oh lord.

I'd suggest you retract that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    While you probably consider me sexist I'd have to say I agree with vetinari but I also believe that a husband should stay in shape not just for his own sake but also for his wife's sake.

Lifestyle plays a big part.

Why do you think the 30-35-year-old single moms who party every weekend and work stressful menial jobs look like they're 45+? Lifestyle…
    Or why when a guy gets elected president he seems to age 10+ years in 4.

Deleted
    The only person you should be trying to please when it comes to your own body is YOU.
    True. But I like to look good for my fiance. And she likes to look good for me.

What's the problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    It is the duty of both partners to try to be attractive to each other.

I will say that Media is the biggest thing to blame for the idea that skinny is sexy. This goes back probably all the way back to the 1700s if not earlier. Take a look at the history of fashion, corsets being the biggest thing to make a woman look thin for a very long time. Corsets are a pain in the arse to wear, and to get in and out of. But, they give the image of tiny waist that was so desireable. Don't get me wrong, I have a couple, and I love what they do for my figure, but its hard to wear them, hard to breathe if not laced correctly, hard to move because the corset, especially a steel boned one, is ridgid and makes bending over almost impossible.

Going back further in time, before the time of the corset, a woman, or even a man for that matter, with curves and weight on them was acutally desireable. This meant that they were nourished, healthy, and would probably be able to reproduce. If you were skinny then, unless you were exceptionally beautiful or wealthy, you were looked over because you didn't seem strong enough to bear children if you were a woman, or were not strong enough to provide for you family if you were a man.

I will say that I am a girl with curves, a little more than I would like, but curves none the less. This is due to a medical condition that has slowed my metabolism down more than an average person. But, I work out twice a day, eat sensable healthy meals, and I have a profession that is a physically intense job. *prepareing for jokes* I am a massage therapist, and I do alot of physical therapy work. I am physically strong, so much so that people are actually surprised when I work on them. I am not skinny by any means, but I am a healthy girl with curves, that the media would claim I am obease because I am not a size 2 or 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    True. But I like to look good for my fiance. And she likes to look good for me.

What's the problem with that?
    She shouldn't expect it from you, and you shouldn't from her is all.

For example if I decided I wanted to start running every day I wouldn't be all "well I put forth this amount of effort, you should have to as well." Because it's his body, he can do what he wants with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the duty of both partners to try to be attractive to each other.
    Yeah but still the way you phrased it. And hell calling it a DUTY that's just going too far IMO. To me it's moreover something you'd do to HONOR the other one and make them feel better about being with you or themselves when seen with you rather than as a DUTY. In short i see it as more of a sign of love that you might CHOOSE to do it rather than something you should feel you HAVE to do.

This statement is no different than "the only person you should be trying to please is YOU". Adding the qualifier "your own body" is fundamentally no different from "your own personality" or "your own job".

If you are in a relationship, and you don't care about doing easy things that make your partner happy, you are doing it wrong.

Deleted
    because deep down we know its unhealthy to be fat also people dont go for STICK THIN they go for healthy to get a toned body you have to do excersie people are drawn towards health its because we are animals, a skinny ape is probably a dying or weak ape a fat ape doesnt exist in the wild